Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V

Old 11-01-2011, 09:37 AM   #1
peteed1985

omg this game just keeps getting better.

The game itself actually looks better than the concept art which is very very rare from what i've seen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OgF6cwCsp_w

Grr this last week and a half till my copy comes is killing me -_-

Pouring molten metal to craft and mining with a pick looks awesome. Giant spiders look too real and will most likely give me nightmares.

If only this game had dragons that look awesome it would be perfect >_>

Oh wait it does

Oh dear between this, Arkham City, SWTOR, diablo 3, secret world, guild wars 2, Tera, and whatever else comes any time soon I wonder if i'll have any time to sleep or have a life -_- I think not.
Old 11-01-2011, 09:58 AM   #2
Erstok

It's safe to say 2011 is delivering some top of the line games to reinvigorate people with gaming honestly. Last time something like this happened was 10+ years ago in the 90's. Maybe were hitting another high note in the gaming industry, or maybe it's about the blow up and crash and were just about to witness the big bang.
Erstok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:01 AM   #3
peteed1985

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erstok View Post
It's safe to say 2011 is delivering some top of the line games to reinvigorate people with gaming honestly. Last time something like this happened was 10+ years ago in the 90's. Maybe were hitting another high note in the gaming industry, or maybe it's about the blow up and crash and were just about to witness the big bang.
Yeah lol now if only PS3 and 360 were canned by sony and microsoft and we got some more modern consoles so the ported games quality wasn't so low, or consoles died altogether we'd really start to see quality.

Anything console can do a PC can do better. PC can even have console controls
peteed1985 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #4
CaptainDingo

Bethesda hasn't been good at keeping its promises in the past, so I'm not going to let myself build up any hype whatsoever for Skyrim. Just going to take it as it is and hope it surprises me.
CaptainDingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:04 AM   #5
Bazas

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDingo View Post
Bethesda hasn't been good at keeping its promises in the past, so I'm not going to let myself build up any hype whatsoever for Skyrim. Just going to take it as it is and hope it surprises me.
The thing is, though, before they even made the first trailer of the game, they already had finished it. They were just polishing the rest of the time.
Bazas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:39 AM   #6
tpanisiak

Riddle me confused,

But I don't understand why there's hate against Skyrim's graphics? I think it looks appropriate for a Fantasy RPG, and it looks heaps better than Oblivion. And most (if not all?) gameplay footage have been on consoles? In theory it's supposedly better on PC anyway?

I just don't get the whole, "omfg, the grafiks r bad!11 fhewfh" argument.
tpanisiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 10:52 AM   #7
dannythefool

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpanisiak View Post
But I don't understand why there's hate against Skyrim's graphics? I think it looks appropriate for a Fantasy RPG, and it looks heaps better than Oblivion.
Some people will only play a game if its graphics utterly destroy whichever game their high school rival is playing.

Man I remember when Oblivion came out all the people I worked with were going on and on about how beautiful it was...
dannythefool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
tpanisiak

Quote:
Originally Posted by dannythefool View Post
Some people will only play a game if its graphics utterly destroy whichever game their high school rival is playing.

Man I remember when Oblivion came out all the people I worked with were going on and on about how beautiful it was...
So it's not just me thinking the game isn't as bad as people are going on about? I have a great system too, and while I'm sure Bethesda could push the capabilities of what I have, I'm not complaining. I think it looks great and something I can EASILY become immersed in.

I truly, honestly, do not understand what people are getting at when they say it's not good. I've even seen people write about how it looks like Oblivion.

?!?!?
tpanisiak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2011, 01:36 PM   #9
alehm

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainDingo View Post
Actually you should forget Skyrim exists. Imagine your disappointment playing this game and you see a floating rock somewhere and you think you paid $60 for a game and they couldn't fix all the rocks in Skyrim and you will be right them s. Just save yourself the disappointment mate and play a REAL game.
alehm is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Skyrim, The Elder Scrolls V