Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Iron Grip series > Iron Grip: Warlord

Old 11-17-2011, 08:58 AM   #1
ISOTX_Community

ISOTX
Iron Grip: Warlord – Scorched Earth

The next release of Iron Grip: Warlord, known as Iron Grip: Warlord – Scorched Earth, will introduce deathmatch mode to the game. While the goal will be familiar to anyone who has played any kind of deathmatch before (gain as many points as possible in in a limited time), the Scorched Earth deathmatch makes things interesting in two ways: you get more points per kill if you are using less powerful weapons, and you still buy weapons and character upgrades on the fly, using gold dropped by dead players.

http://www.isotx.com/wp-content/uplo...athmatch02.jpg

The best players will be able to upload their scores to a leaderboard, with the chance of winning a t-shirt if they are the one to hold the top position at the end of each month.

http://www.isotx.com/wp-content/uplo...athmatch01.jpg

Will you earn a place in the hall of fame?
Old 11-17-2011, 11:29 AM   #2
Saijin_Naib

Foreign Legion: BoB forum
Volunteer Moderator
Will we be seeing more "arena" type maps? Things with smaller footprints and better layouts to promote combat? I'll be trying my hand to see if any Q3A maps work but I have a sneaking suspicion you guys are using a different BSP version :C
Saijin_Naib is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 06:18 PM   #3
dicul

Surely this will be a free add on to the base game?
dicul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 08:16 AM   #4
JohnBart

Err... Deathmatch?

Interesting decision, but at least player movement will facilitate it as it really feels like Quake 3 (not surprisingly).

Still, I hoped you guys would implement a competitive mode similar to that of Iron Grip: The Oppression, especially since the language files contain several unused strings which hinted to such a gameplay mode.
JohnBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 05:24 PM   #5
Saijin_Naib

Volunteer Moderator
Maybe that'll be next John. I can't wait to get my hands on deathmatch
Old 12-04-2011, 10:44 AM   #6
Mr Dead

I love Iron Grip, and play it most weeks on our LAN; we set up a dedicated internet server and it always ends up with 8 players, 4/5 from the LAN, 3/4 from the world.

But somehow this new update is failing to get me excited. Iron Grip provides a novel slant in the Tower Defence genre, and is at it's best as a coop game. It's unique, completely different from even Sanctum, the other FPS/Tower game. And that is it's strength. It's weakness is that there are not enough maps, and no user-created maps to keep the interest at a high level.

My hard drive is overflowing with deathmatch games, If I fancy one there are miriad choices, although I usually start up the Serpentine (real-world weapons) mod for the original Unreal. What is going to be so different about Iron Grip DM that is going to make it special, and not just another attempt at DM?

I'm not trying to be a killjoy, but I would have preferred more maps, or some mod tools to create them.
Mr Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:51 AM   #7
JohnBart

^Well said. I would suppose that the team aim to capitalize the solid co-op aspect of the game and increase its lasting appeal with some new maps, units, perhaps weapons, and would continue fixing the issues still present in IGW. Still, currently it seems we get DM instead of all these, which just wouldn't feel right in this title, methinks. I expected something else, being in line with the original premise of the game.

Last edited by JohnBart: 12-06-2011 at 01:53 AM.
JohnBart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:15 AM   #8
OptimusHun

Yes, it will be another DM, but a Steampunk DM!
OptimusHun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 10:49 AM   #9
Saijin_Naib

Volunteer Moderator
I'm just happy to be getting an update, and I love the idTECH3 engine and I always felt that this game would be amazing in a competitive mode and now I get to test that theory

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Iron Grip series > Iron Grip: Warlord