Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 12-09-2011, 09:44 PM   #1
taodemon

No lock on warning?

There was at least 3 or 4 times today when i was in a jet where I had missiles fired at me immediately without the typical lockon notificiation sounds. All was quiet then suddenly the beeping missile fired sound.

While I wasn't paying attention to it the first couple of times after I noticed how odd it was I started paying attention and at least two of the times it was chopper missiles.

Could this just be lag or did they break something so we aren't getting the typical lock on warning all the time?

Also had at least 2 deaths while sitting inside the cockpit with little to no damage occurring to the jet in the process. Once was stinger missile, the other another jet's missiles. Maybe it is just me spending more time in jets than I used to but I had never seen either of these things happen before.
Old 12-09-2011, 11:00 PM   #2
ravage386

I stopped playing for most of November. It happened infrequently back then when I was flying attack helicopters heavily. In the last few days it's been happening regularly and I haven't even been flying very often.
ravage386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #3
AGMZ

just finished playing a match and I got the warnings. Hasn't changed as far as I know.
AGMZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 06:58 AM   #4
Gentlemen?

I have glitches where I do no get appropriate sounds and visuals.

Sometimes I do not see my HUD when I'm locking onto something and have to do it purely on audio.

Sometimes I do not get the lock-on warning sound.

Sometimes I do not get the sound of bullets hitting my vehicle.
Gentlemen? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:04 AM   #5
taodemon

I've had the hud not showing the locks but still getting the audio when I'm firing before, though I had never had problems with not getting the lock sounds when missiles were locking on to me. I had over 20 hours in choppers and had never had this problem. I'm not sure if it is patch related since I never had it prior to this patch or lag related. It also doesn't happen all the time, but that doesn't stop it from being annoying. Flying around just fine suddenly the high beeping from missile in the air then boom.
taodemon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 08:09 AM   #6
RandomJavelin

That's always happened, just rarely.

You get the same thing in reverse when locking on - sometimes no beeps before it locks. It's just a sound failure.
RandomJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 10:39 AM   #7
ravage386

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomJavelin View Post
It's just a sound failure.
If it was purely a sound failure, the LOCK text in the helicopter's HUD would display.
ravage386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 11:30 AM   #8
Slewey2299

I'm pretty sure you were being targeted by the laser designator and someone shot a Javelin missile at you. It's happened to me 7 times in a match and the missiles instantly kills you without warning you it's coming.

I made a thread about it and surprisingly a mod replied and relaid the information to the devs.
Slewey2299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 02:04 PM   #9
NorthernKingdom

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slewey2299 View Post
I'm pretty sure you were being targeted by the laser designator and someone shot a Javelin missile at you. It's happened to me 7 times in a match and the missiles instantly kills you without warning you it's coming.

I made a thread about it and surprisingly a mod replied and relaid the information to the devs.
Yeah Jav's don't give shot warnings. They are too slow to hit planes usually but helicopters are basically dead meat if the enemy wants to spam soflams and players sit on ammo boxes and spam javs all match. It's getting the point where jav's being able to shoot aircraft should probably be removed since there are engineer AA, vehicle AA, and stationary AA.

Soflam range needs to be greatly reduced. I'm tired of soflam spam on the mountain in firestorm being able to target all the way over at C and E.
NorthernKingdom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:02 PM   #10
RandomJavelin

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandomJavelin View Post
That's always happened, just rarely.

You get the same thing in reverse when locking on - sometimes no beeps before it locks. It's just a sound failure.
....and after saying that, today had an entire server where I was getting laser-javellined in helis with no sound warning whatsoever (was a squad using soflam and multiple javelins, but no soflam sound at all).

Not sure if it's a new bug, or a glitch somebody has figured out how to exploit.
RandomJavelin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:20 PM   #11
taodemon

Well the two times I remember it happening it was specifically chopper missiles. Also soflam usually gives a lock warning even if the follow up javelins don't give the usual missile fired sound.
Old 12-10-2011, 03:26 PM   #12
Zukabazuka

The TV missile that chopper has doesn't send of an alarm either what I know.
Zukabazuka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 03:44 PM   #13
taodemon

Except with the new tv missile it can be hard hitting ground targets much less fast moving jets. I will watch to see if they have that slotted if it happens again though.
Old 12-10-2011, 05:03 PM   #14
Overt.Enemy

Yeah I was playing today and people were crying "hax0r, no lock on warning!!". It happened pre-patch but seems more frequent now.
Overt.Enemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 05:12 PM   #15
Ryno

It's a glitch. I had it twice already. Say for example you're in a mobile AA, locking on a helicopter. Once you get a lock on, you launch 2 missiles at once. Now hear this. One rocket will follow its target (the locked chopper) the other one will fly to ANOTHER target even if you didn't see it, didn't lock on it or didn't even know about its existence in the first place.

Edit.

Oh and the best part is, that second target doesn't get any kind of warning.
Ryno is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series