Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aztaka

Old 12-15-2011, 02:30 PM   #1
DKDevil

Citeremis Inc.
Post Citeremis News

Hey Guys! We have been hard at work on the next big Aztaka update and I've got some interesting news for you all!

-Mac testing has officially begun! This means we're going through the final phases of porting the game to mac!

-Linux port will be released alongside the mac port!

-In light of all the activity and suggestions we have been getting here we are going to start adding in some of the stuff you guys have brought up! Here's a short list!
-Auto collecting energies simply by touching them with the character
-A reworking of the first few levels in the game to make them more fun and interesting
-Improvements to the rolling mechanics

If you have any more simple suggestions, feel free to drop them in our game improvement thread! We hope you all enjoy our game, and we're doing our best to make it as fun and interesting as possible!

I'll make sure to keep you guys posted on any future developments! ;P

-DK

Old News (from December 2011)

Update : Unfortunately the Mac and Linux ports won't be ready for the holidays. We will not begin testing the ports before January, so anyone who contacted us regarding the Mac testing sit tight, we'll contact you as soon as we're ready.

Also, if you're a Mac user and would really want to get the game while its on special, feel free to grab the game now as it should become available for Mac sometime after new year.

As Jon is slaving away at the Mac and Linux ports for Aztaka, trying to get them done in time for the holidays, I figured I could update you all on whats been going on with us here at Citeremis. I just joined the team recently and the vibe Im getting from the team is incredibly positive. These guys really want to make games, and I really want to do all I can to help them out!

Were currently decentralized, trying to get things back together. Aztaka hasnt yet turned into a financial success, and were hanging on to every penny to make ends meet so that we can get started on our next project in January.

So what is this new project I mentioned? Well I cant tell you guys yet. But it will share some of Aztakas mechanics. Ill make sure to keep you all up to date.

I know Ive mentioned this before on our website www.citeremis.com and here on our steam forum, but were planning on making a bit of additional content for Aztaka. What that content will be is still uncertain. Weve been debating a variety of things from a boss rush mode, to achievements, to a new level entirely. What do you guys think we should do?

I thought Id throw this in too. Back before I joined Citeremis I would write occasional articles here and there on the Web, and one of them was an interview with Jonathan Mercier, founder of Citeremis and creator of Aztaka. You can check out my interview here http://quantum-box.com/2011/09/13/citeremis-interview/ .

-DK

P.S. Aztaka will be at 75% off during the holidays. If you thought $10 was too much, it'll be $2.50. So no more excuses ;P

Last edited by DKDevil: 01-13-2012 at 12:48 PM. Reason: Update!
Old 12-23-2011, 01:48 PM   #2
Trojax2010

I think achievements would be cool, but I'd have to put a new level above them. Thanks for all your hard work and I hope you can at least break even on aztaka. I remember hearing the devs borrowed a lot of startup cash. Merry Christmas.
Trojax2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 01:04 PM   #3
SkyHiRider

Add achievements + steam cloud support with your new Mac release, try to get the game on the next Humble Indie Bundle if you can. This will boost your marketing and hopefully also sales.

The game itself for me looks interesting (haven't played it), reminds me a little bit of Aquaria (which I really love due to the art, polished gameplay and beautiful voice) but didn't buy it yet as it's missing the achievements and cloud.

Best of luck to you, hope you all get to do what you love and enjoy the most!
SkyHiRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:19 AM   #4
Khronikos

New level having to do with another part of the Aztec legends maybe? I still need to pick this up I keep missing the damn thing!
Khronikos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 11:16 AM   #5
glance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khronikos View Post
New level having to do with another part of the Aztec legends maybe? I still need to pick this up I keep missing the damn thing!
Me, I'm still trying to find level 17.

Although the temple Malinaico in the city could be the stage for a great battle after the other bosses have be killed?
glance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #6
DKDevil

Citeremis Inc.
Update!
DKDevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 04:00 AM   #7
Lokwassen

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDevil View Post
Weve been debating a variety of things from a boss rush mode, to achievements, to a new level entirely. What do you guys think we should do?
NEW LEVEL! Achievements are good too. I would advise against a boss rush mode, though. Not sure what that means, but I bet it involves lots of fighting. And fighting is not something Aztaka does well.
Lokwassen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2012, 01:33 PM   #8
darkgriffin1986

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKDevil View Post
-A reworking of the first few levels in the game to make them more fun and interesting
Will this invalidate old saves? I'm kind of in the middle of slowly playing through the game at the moment.

Also, might I suggest another minor fix, namely, the ability to use more then 1 energy on an object.

It's a bit tedious to heal people like that one guy that needs 20 green energy. I understand why it's not automatic(so they don't eat all your "healing potions"), but on some larger resolutions all that clicking and dragging makes the already grindy collecting of 20 energy even more grindy then usual.

So far I haven't seen anything that required lots of energy in the middle of a combat area, so maybe a prompt could pop up that asks how many we want to use on the object?

Other then minor annoyances like that though, I'm rather enjoying this game, and I'm glad I picked it up.
darkgriffin1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 06:51 AM   #9
zombietoaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgriffin1986 View Post
It's a bit tedious to heal people like that one guy that needs 20 green energy. I understand why it's not automatic(so they don't eat all your "healing potions"), but on some larger resolutions all that clicking and dragging makes the already grindy collecting of 20 energy even more grindy then usual.
Good point, maybe they could allow us to "attach" several blobs of energy to the cursor by using right-click. So you'd repeatedly click on your energy container with the right mouse button to pick up as many as you want, and you'd use them one at a time where you want by left-clicking as usual.
zombietoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2012, 12:45 PM   #10
citeremis

Citeremis Inc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkgriffin1986 View Post
Will this invalidate old saves? I'm kind of in the middle of slowly playing through the game at the moment.
I don't think so(we aren't done with the testing). It just add up new stuff so it should be backward compatible.

Also we are working on the energy pick up / transfer ...
citeremis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2012, 02:34 PM   #11
xpogopuschelx

I would really love to see a new level!

Achievements don't matter for me. But i have to admit that they could be very attractive for new players.

A Boss rush mode would be my least favoured addition. Maybe if you add the gods which are mentioned in the epilogue as new bosses.

Then as SkyHiRider said:
Add cloud service and try to get in a Indie Bundle to get some attention. Aztaka has enough quality to get a bigger fan-base.
xpogopuschelx is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Aztaka