Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2011, 10:44 AM   #1
rokraged
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Reputation: 0
Posts: 8
Let's get this over with: Is it worth it at 45$?

I haven't been seriously into COD on the PC since COD 4.

All I've been hearing is that MW3 is copy and paste of the past 2-3 games without proper dedicated server support. For all it's popularity it seems to get a bad rep for hackers and lag.


Someone enlighten me please.
rokraged is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
bias69
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Reputation: 18
Posts: 189
no, better get mw2
i have -66% coupon if you want
bias69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:47 AM   #3
Zyinxz
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Reputation: 115
Posts: 642
No, it's not worth it. It's still a POS game that's overrated
Zyinxz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:49 AM   #4
hua91
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 16
Posts: 390
It is worth it Trust me. I am on Mw3 and never go back to MW2 and MW1. Just because it is awesome. Balanced, and more players.
hua91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 10:51 AM   #5
OmegaXtreme420
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Reputation: 279
Posts: 7,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by hua91 View Post
It is worth it Trust me. I am on Mw3 and never go back to MW2 and MW1. Just because it is awesome. Balanced, and more players.
yeah most balanced cod ever all akimbos flawless spawns and the maps aren't tiny corridors/hallways
OmegaXtreme420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:34 AM   #6
hua91
 
 
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Reputation: 16
Posts: 390
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaXtreme420 View Post
yeah most balanced cod ever all akimbos flawless spawns and the maps aren't tiny corridors/hallways
I agreed that indeed there are some bad part in game, but there is no 100% percent perfect game. I recommend it because it is much better than mw2, in fact most bugs are fixed in mw3.

If you say mw3 sucks, i do not deny your view, as in my point of view, each has its own bad.

For example mw2, are full of tubers, campers, and also akimbo. Some people are playing glitches to gain advantage for them.
In addition, most old player ( veteran ) stay at mw2, so it will not be so newbie-friendly, which may cause many new players to get frustrated for not getting any kills but keep on dying.

I didn say mw3 is full of noobs, but it give a chance for newbie to get killstreak rewards too by using support streak.
In addition, most players are now on MW3, it is far more easier to search game in mw3, which in mw2 i would need to take much time to search for a game.
There are rebalanced of grenade launcher (tubing), and fixed bugs on mw3.

Thats why i recommend mw3.
hua91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 12:50 PM   #7
OmegaXtreme420
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Reputation: 279
Posts: 7,169
Quote:
Originally Posted by hua91 View Post
I agreed that indeed there are some bad part in game, but there is no 100% percent perfect game. I recommend it because it is much better than mw2, in fact most bugs are fixed in mw3.

If you say mw3 sucks, i do not deny your view, as in my point of view, each has its own bad.

For example mw2, are full of tubers, campers, and also akimbo. Some people are playing glitches to gain advantage for them.
In addition, most old player ( veteran ) stay at mw2, so it will not be so newbie-friendly, which may cause many new players to get frustrated for not getting any kills but keep on dying.

I didn say mw3 is full of noobs, but it give a chance for newbie to get killstreak rewards too by using support streak.
In addition, most players are now on MW3, it is far more easier to search game in mw3, which in mw2 i would need to take much time to search for a game.
There are rebalanced of grenade launcher (tubing), and fixed bugs on mw3.

Thats why i recommend mw3.
i can't suggest anyone get it with how ty the maps are mw2 was just annoying with crackhead marathon lightweight commando ump users at times but thats when i bust out a shotgun i still play that more than the rest i have cod4 waw and black ops installed as well
OmegaXtreme420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #8
UberTrevor
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 622
Posts: 1,334
Quote:
Originally Posted by hua91 View Post
It is worth it Trust me. I am on Mw3 and never go back to MW2 and MW1. Just because it is awesome. Balanced, and more players.
Take out akimbos and deathstreaks. . . Why are they rewarding bad players so much?
UberTrevor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:12 AM   #9
XtremeZ
 
 
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Reputation: 35
Posts: 818
Quote:
Originally Posted by UberTrevor View Post
Take out akimbos and deathstreaks. . . Why are they rewarding bad players so much?
i think deathstreaks are fine....

If you moan about dying by dead mans hand think more along the lines of

"i should feel sorry for the guy who killed me!"

He had to take 6 deaths just to get that kill!!??!!

i do agree with akimbo tho i say take out the perk on machine pistols and leave the akimbo perk on pistols only!!
XtremeZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #10
Prodigy258
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Reputation: 29
Posts: 555
It's definitely worth it IMO. I'll probably get flamed for saying this but whatever. Just look at the amount of people that play COD:

MW3 MP: 52K
MW2 MP: 13K
Black Ops MP: 7K

The game is not perfect of course, but it's definitely a fun game and you'll get your money's worth for sure.
Prodigy258 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #11
rasitha_raw
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Reputation: 271
Posts: 565
Quote:
Originally Posted by rokraged View Post
I haven't been seriously into COD on the PC since COD 4.

All I've been hearing is that MW3 is copy and paste of the past 2-3 games without proper dedicated server support. For all it's popularity it seems to get a bad rep for hackers and lag.


Someone enlighten me please.
It is essentially a copy paste.

it does not have proper DS support. But it does have unranked dedi servers.people do play in em.

Im in a remote place where nobody around me plays. It shows yellow bars for my ping. Still its not half bad. (The lag that is.)My hits register if i aim at the person i see. The only thing is they may see me a lot quicker and kill me because of my lag.

I played about 10 games. Did not see any hackers. I dont know what will happen in the future. But for now it seems the multiplayer is fairly secure.
rasitha_raw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:39 AM   #12
Choice
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 41
Posts: 353
It is a noob FPS... that is designed to suck as much money from you that they can.

MW2 is also terrible.

BLOPS was the last good COD (LEAN is sorta important in these games)... but the lack of Game Dev attention to fix the worst spawning system on the planet coupled with DLC's and no Mod Tools... make it a dead end.
Choice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #13
CrySomeMore
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Reputation: 17
Posts: 266
You can get a russian key and activate it with VPN for 20$. Me and 3 of my friends got russian keys and had no problem, I really see no reason to pay 45$.
CrySomeMore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:40 AM   #14
gooberx
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Reputation: 44
Posts: 923
Its worth it because it is new. Tons of people are playing . yeah there is the usual issues with Op weapons and some botters and lag compensation sux. BUT i would buy it again because new & i play it alot

Last edited by gooberx: 12-25-2011 at 11:45 AM.
gooberx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #15
JD2
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Reputation: 11
Posts: 152
Amazon game downloads has the game for $35 today.

If you are going to buy it, get it from Amazon and save yourself $10.
JD2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Call of Duty series > Modern Warfare 3


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 11:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2012, All Rights Reserved.