Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Velvet Assassin

Old 12-27-2011, 04:50 AM   #1
Finvpwner

Thoughts after finishing the game

I finished Velvet Assassin last week. I really enjoyed it, and for the price it's currently at (1.24 euros here), you too should give it a go.

A few things to mention:
1. The AI. Oh how I hated the AI. The way those enemies stare at you and walk towards you, as if they know exactly where you are but won't bother shooting until they're at arm's length from you. It just doesn't make sense!

2. The forced gunplay in the end. I want to be an assassin, not a one (wo)man army.

3. CONSOLE PORT. This means it's
A. not optimized for PCs (my FPS would sway between 30 and 60 even at lowest settings, and the lower the FPS, the slower the game ran)
and
B. quite simple (finding all collectibles is quite easy, pretty much all actions are assigned for the mouse buttons)

Velvet Assassin is fun, cheap, and worth a shot if you like stealth action.
Old 01-14-2012, 05:49 PM   #2
SzF

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finvpwner View Post

Velvet Assassin is fun, cheap, and worth a shot if you like stealth action.
It is!

1. I think they go where they have heard the noise. (When you whistle)
By the way when you have a violet halo around you, they cannot see you. I guess it's supposed to mean it's pitch black around you.

3. I've read, it does not run well on xbox either.

About the controls: I like that it's very simple, but the aiming is terrible with a gamepad, you have to aim perfectly to hit. (Yes I prefer my 360 contoller almost for everything)

Last edited by SzF: 01-14-2012 at 05:54 PM.
SzF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 08:38 AM   #3
Sablicious

It needed to be less linear and the controls smoother. If it had open-type maps à la the Tenchu games, it would have felt a lot more immersive. It also sorely lacked a cover / lean against object option.

Bumping into invisible walls all over the place, the egregiously restrictive context actions (like climbing and crawling) and the laziness in not having a 'mount / dismount ladder' animation (rather just a momentary black screen) really hurt an otherwise very atmospheric game.

7/10 for a stealth game, 6/10 overall.
Sablicious is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Velvet Assassin