Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Two Worlds

Old 12-28-2011, 10:32 AM   #1
Yoster

Before anyone asks, yes, TWII and Pirates ARE worth it

Both TWII and the Pirates DLC are great. I bought these both at full price and don't regret it. Good solid RPG's.

Fair note - they do take a decently built PC to run smoothly. Very pretty graphics though. Good game engine.
Old 12-28-2011, 10:33 AM   #2
Metro

75% off or bust!
Metro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:29 AM   #3
DirtyHarry50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metro View Post
75% off or bust!
I'll see you... in Summer...

DirtyHarry50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:44 AM   #4
Shpadoinkle

Is the abysmal 3 machine activation limit in the steam version?
Shpadoinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:50 AM   #5
graspee

The DRM at least was in the PC version but there was a post where someone asked if it had been taken out in the last patch. I'm still trying to find an answer. Will update if I find one. To me if it has the DRM it's an automatic no-sale.
graspee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 10:51 AM   #6
Vigilant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shpadoinkle View Post
Is the abysmal 3 machine activation limit in the steam version?
That's always my concern as well. I hate having limited installs on a Steam game. Last I heard, there was a 3 machine limit on the Steam version, so that will rule this series out for me.

I emailed customer support for verification, but I never heard back, which I consider to be a bad sign.

Edit: According to this recent thread, the DRM is not only alive and well, it's extremely sensitive to simple changes such as adding RAM. What a waste of an interesting looking series.

Last edited by Vigilant: 12-28-2011 at 11:03 AM.
Vigilant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 01:01 PM   #7
marelooke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vigilant View Post
That's always my concern as well. I hate having limited installs on a Steam game. Last I heard, there was a 3 machine limit on the Steam version, so that will rule this series out for me.

I emailed customer support for verification, but I never heard back, which I consider to be a bad sign.

Edit: According to this recent thread, the DRM is not only alive and well, it's extremely sensitive to simple changes such as adding RAM. What a waste of an interesting looking series.
Right, while I had fun with the first game I'm skipping this one until they remove the DRM or when it shows up on GOG.
marelooke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:10 AM   #8
lallous

Can anyone elaborate on the coop aspect of the game? Does it work properly or are there any critical bugs?

TIA
lallous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 11:13 AM   #9
graspee

I'm so very annoyed at this game having such stupid DRM. It's been said again and again but publishers still don't get it: DRM inconveniences paying customers and doesn't affect piracy at all.

Basically for every game with such DRM, where there are limited activations and changing your pc uses up an activation the pirates are left alone and happy, and the paying customers are the ones who have to grovel, Oliver Twist-like to the publisher: "Please, Sir can I have another activation?"

Well screw you, publishers, I'm not buying it.
Old 12-28-2011, 11:50 AM   #10
Shpadoinkle

Quote:
Originally Posted by graspee View Post
I'm so very annoyed at this game having such stupid DRM. It's been said again and again but publishers still don't get it: DRM inconveniences paying customers and doesn't affect piracy at all.

Basically for every game with such DRM, where there are limited activations and changing your pc uses up an activation the pirates are left alone and happy, and the paying customers are the ones who have to grovel, Oliver Twist-like to the publisher: "Please, Sir can I have another activation?"

Thank you all for clarifying this. I already own TW2 as a Direct2Drive download, but having maxed out my activation limit led to a bad customer support experience, i.e. the Oliver Twist-style begging graspee described.

The guy who gracefully blessed me with another activation was awestruck and dumbfounded that a gamer should install this game on more than one machine AND his notebook AND then have the nerve and update the graphics card on his main machine (thus needing to re-activate TW2 yet again).

I complained to him about this excrement-y DRM at length, but he would just shake his virtual head and go on to chastise the next poor sould that would dare enter his DRM domain.

Yeah, and also I never bought that pirates DLC because that whole experience SUCKED!
Shpadoinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 12:29 PM   #11
Uriziel

how does the multiplayer work? is there co op? is the netcode decent?
Uriziel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2011, 01:45 PM   #12
Yoster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uriziel View Post
how does the multiplayer work? is there co op? is the netcode decent?
Works great - and yes it's coop. It's a separate set of levels you load from a town starting point. There are only a few in the main version, but the Pirates DLC brings more.

Do NOT let the DRM stop you from getting this. A simple call to the company and they give you additional codes. It has never been a problem for me.. silly excuse to avoid a game imo.
Yoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 05:31 AM   #13
DirtyHarry50

Quote:
Originally Posted by graspee View Post

Oops. I guess I won't be seeing anyone in Summer, at least not as far as this goes unless it changes. Too bad.
DirtyHarry50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:19 AM   #14
DiceDuP

Not that I'm a fan of DRM, but over the years i'd be cutting off my nose to spite my face if I was so intent on keeping DRM games from being played on my PC's. What I can never understand are people who think that activation limit DRM means that once they've used up the limit then that's it - they can't play the game anymore.

Well, this simply isn't true. I've had various games with this type of DRM and I've ran out of activations, but been given more when I send a ticket/email to where it tells me to. Some types of these DRM applications will even return activations after a period of time automatically.

So, my question is this - how many of you - hand on heart - can say that truthfully they have owned a game with activation limits on and have come to the point that they can no longer ever re-install or play their game because of hardware upgrades? By this I mean you've had a game you can never ever play again - not that you have applied for more activations and got them.

So many are quick to jump on this anti-DRM bandwagon just for this very reason, and not because they are against the principle of DRM, and they are ill informed. I have TW2 and I'm now going to get this expansion. I feel confident that if I should run out of activations - I will get more.
DiceDuP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 11:02 AM   #15
graspee

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiceDuP View Post
What I can never understand are people who think that activation limit DRM means that once they've used up the limit then that's it - they can't play the game anymore.
If the publisher and developer have gone out of business then that's exactly what it means.

Quote:
Some types of these DRM applications will even return activations after a period of time automatically.
This one (TW2) doesn't.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Two Worlds