Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PuzzleQuest: Challenge of the Warlords

Old 01-01-2012, 08:32 PM   #1
LethalFinch

Puzzle Quest Won't launch

I've had Puzzle Quest for a few weeks now. When I first installed it after purchasing it, everything went fine. I've played the game with out issues on 3 separate occasions through out the past few weeks.

However, as of today, it will no longer launch. When I try to launch the game, a little steam window pops up so briefly that it's not even possible to read what the window says (all though I'm fairly certain that it's the typical window you see pop up while launching most steam games). the window just disappears and then absolutely nothing happens. not even an error message or black screen or anything. just nothing happens.

I have been to the developers website and there are minimal troubleshooting resources with no contact information what so ever.

I've browsed every thread in the steam forums in regards to this issue however every solution presented has not fixed the problem. I have tried every suggestion I've found on the forums and through google searches and have taken every conseivable step for troubleshooting this issue, short of reinstalling windows which absolutely not an option.

Help and assistance with this issue would be greatly welcomed.

My PC:

Windows 7 x64 Bit Service Pack 1
8 GB RAM
AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Edition @ 3.20 GHz
ATI Radeon HD 5770 @ 1GB DDR5 RAM

I'm becoming quite frustrated with having to troubleshoot 50% of the games I buy here on steam. In fact, over half of my time using steam is spent trouble shooting game issues rather than actually enjoying and playing the games I've bought. I'm pretty close to calling it quits with PC gaming and going back to my xbox. Now i understand why PC games are cheaper than console games.....

Last edited by LethalFinch: 01-03-2012 at 05:07 AM.
Old 01-04-2012, 02:00 PM   #2
QWERTY

Try check files correct via steam
QWERTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 02:10 PM   #3
LethalFinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by QWERTY View Post
Try check files correct via steam
Yeah, already did that a bunch of times.

Guess I should mention that since I wasn't getting any responses here I started another thread in the "Help & Tips" listing here on the steam forums:

http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2451087

Anyone reading this who's willing to help out should have a look. It shows everything that's been done so far (to no avail) and there are others that have chimed in as well.

Thanks
LethalFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:47 AM   #4
LethalFinch

Here's I video I made that shows the issue in action:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ks6znCqTGY8

Cheers
Old 06-10-2012, 06:19 PM   #5
LethalFinch

*Update*

Just a quick update:

It's been months since I started this thread and I still cannot get this game to run. I've tried every suggestion that's ever been thrown my way, and it seams that the developer has closed it's doors for business which means there is absolutely zero technical support for this game.

I heard somewhere on the forums here that every steam account is entitled to one refund only. Can anyone here verify this? And if this is the case, what avenue do I use to take advantage of this?

Thanks
Old 07-22-2012, 01:02 AM   #6
razorblade79

Here is a possible solution:

go to the directory where the game is installed;
start up the game directly;

if it says something (openAL) is missing, look for the other .exe file (with AL in the name) in that directory and run it once. it will install on your system and puzzle quest should work again.

cheers
razorblade79 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > PuzzleQuest: Challenge of the Warlords