Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Wonders

Old 01-05-2012, 02:11 AM   #1
Manveru125

AoW SM PBEM games

This forum seems a bit quiet to me, but as I would really like to play this game online sometime, possibly with PBEM. Is there anyone still playing here?
Old 01-06-2012, 02:21 AM   #2
Davespice

Too right!

I’ve been running a group on steam called Age of Wonders Multiplayer for the past six months or so (has about 60 members now). A few times I have attempted to get a few PBEM games going, as you can see from the sign up threads below. I think one of the main problems is this forum, you can’t use your steam login to access it. So a lot of the Steam users cannot be bothered to create a login with this forum for the purpose of signing up to a PBEM game. We also post on a turn log type thread on each turn so everyone in the game knows who’s turn it is.

Another problem has been reliability of new players. They have a tendency to abandon ship without saying anything when they start losing, which basically screws up the whole PBEM game for everyone. That said though I know of a couple of reliable people who are here. Koutacles and FenixFury are both reliable people.

So I expect we could get a game going. We just need people to commit to see it through and be reliable in sending on their turn to the next player.

If you want to get into PBEM I recommend you look at the Age of Wonders Email Wrapper, it allows you to automate the sending and receiving process of your PBEM turn files.
Davespice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 02:57 AM   #3
Manveru125

Nice! And yes I've already signed up for that group a few days ago I've been played AOW2/SM a long time ago on PBEM with some friends. Perhaps I can get one or two to join in as well (not sure, but I can ask).
How do you guys handle tactical combat? Always lets AI do battle, or if it's against AI you can attack with manual battle and automatic vs humans (to keep it fair as it's PBEM).

Anyway, at least sign me up for a game! Can't wait
Manveru125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 03:13 AM   #4
Davespice

Okay cool. Yes you can do tactical against AI enemies but you have to do auto against humans. Them's the rules. If you like I could reset the No Light Without Shadow sign up thread and start from scratch? Just reply to that post to say which side you want to take.

Last edited by Davespice: 01-06-2012 at 03:19 AM.
Davespice is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Age of Wonders