Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hydrophobia: Prophecy

Old 01-09-2012, 05:16 AM   #1
ShadowHawk81

AA jaggies

The games graphics settings don't seem to improve edge tearing. Does this game support Nvidia where I can adjust Nvidia panel settings to improve this?
Old 04-17-2012, 11:12 AM   #2
BigfattyPlus

I am having the same issue. There is SO much teraing it's not even funny! Also, if you try and play this on a higher resolution, the game lags to Hell and back. Even on the lowest settings I still have some lag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqNOKVw2mPs

This is my test on trying to play the game. And the tearing looks a LOT worse than what Fraps is showing. I would LOVE if they would patch this so that I could play it because I am very interested in this game.

Sys Specs:
Windows 7 OS
AMD Phenom II X4 840T Processor (4 CPUs) ~2.9GHz
6144MB RAM
DirectX 11
ATI Radeon HD 4200 (2940MB)
BigfattyPlus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 12:55 PM   #3
cannondale06

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigfattyPlus View Post
I am having the same issue. There is SO much teraing it's not even funny! Also, if you try and play this on a higher resolution, the game lags to Hell and back. Even on the lowest settings I still have some lag.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vqNOKVw2mPs

This is my test on trying to play the game. And the tearing looks a LOT worse than what Fraps is showing. I would LOVE if they would patch this so that I could play it because I am very interested in this game.

Sys Specs:
Windows 7 OS
AMD Phenom II X4 840T Processor (4 CPUs) ~2.9GHz
6144MB RAM
DirectX 11
ATI Radeon HD 4200 (2940MB)
um you dont even come close to meeting the minimum requirements. you have an integrated gpu that is not even suitable for playing modern games. you have a decent pc but you need a real graphics card if you want to actually play games.
cannondale06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 01:41 PM   #4
synthemesc

Quote:
Originally Posted by cannondale06 View Post
um you dont even come close to meeting the minimum requirements. you have an integrated gpu that is not even suitable for playing modern games. you have a decent pc but you need a real graphics card if you want to actually play games.
True. The 4200 is more of a media card.

After looking at comparisons, the 4200 series is close to the same performance as a 9800 pro. The 9800 pro was a great card... Back in 2003.

You should not be surprised that its running badly.
synthemesc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 03:05 PM   #5
BigfattyPlus

But I have opther games on here that are newer that work fine! Starv Trek Online, Legend of Grimlock, Magic: The Gathering, and they all work fine. Why is this game any different?
Old 04-17-2012, 03:13 PM   #6
cannondale06

Banned
Quote:
But I have opther games on here that are newer that work fine! Starv Trek Online, Legend of Grimlock, Magic: The Gathering, and they all work fine. Why is this game any different?
those other games are not very demanding. you should look at the minimum requirements before buying a game. a 3650, which is about 3x faster than the 4200, is the minimum ATI card needed to play this game.
Old 04-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #7
BigfattyPlus

Okay, so what cheap graphics card could you recommend to me that's better?
Old 04-18-2012, 12:15 AM   #8
cannondale06

Banned
Quote:
Okay, so what cheap graphics card could you recommend to me that's better?
depends on what your power supply is and what resolution you would like to play at. coming from a 4200 though even the slowest card out there would be a massive improvement. if your power supply is weak then a 7750 can be had for around 100 bucks and is 15 times faster than your 4200.
Old 04-19-2012, 12:32 AM   #9
BigfattyPlus

7750 would get this game to look decent? What brand? Sorry, I'm a little new at shopping for graphics cards.
Old 04-19-2012, 01:13 AM   #10
Stixsworld

tbh its the method of AA the game options provide...its similar to that which is used in the Dead Space series it seems...its a very basec lame form of AA...

I honestly have the ingame AA settings maxed out and I have AA being enhanced my nvidia inspector to be 32xS and I also have injected SMAA on top to try and improve upon that...yet I still clearly can see jaggies...so it really does look like its using the same crappy if not crappier form of AA that the Dead Space series does...

I have also tried forcing AA to override via nvidia inspector and well all that does is freeze the game which then causes the typical .exe file has stopped working error...so dont due that...

Basecally this game is duped to have jaggies...

---Stixsmaster
Stixsworld is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Hydrophobia: Prophecy