Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Post Apocalyptic Mayhem

Old 01-18-2012, 02:47 AM   #1
djmattyg007

very poor PC port

This is the laziest PC port I've ever seen. All the in-game graphics assume I'm playing with an Xbox 360 controller. If I'm not, I lose lots of functionality in the in-game menus. It was only after reading briefly through the forums that I discovered that it was my fault for not randomly mashing the Function keys to discover they were mapped to various controller buttons. And there's my usual gripe of not being able to navigate menus with a mouse. It's insulting to PC gamers.

Oh, and the 337MB update to remove the Christmas theme when the game is only 450MB in total? That's a really good job there.
Old 01-18-2012, 10:39 AM   #2
kaak

it is not a port

/topic
kaak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2012, 10:58 AM   #3
Max Conrad

Like kaak said, it's not a damn port. Do yourself a favor and learn what a port actually is before your spread your stupid everywhere.

Also, dude, are you kidding me?
Quote:
It was only after reading briefly through the forums that I discovered that it was my fault for not randomly mashing the Function keys to discover they were mapped to various controller buttons. And there's my usual gripe of not being able to navigate menus with a mouse. It's insulting to PC gamers.
You just press up, down, enter and escape to navigate through menus. You seriously had a hard time with that? Is this the first time you've ever used a PC or something? Plus, hey guess what? YOU CAN MAP EVERY KEY COMMAND TO WHATEVER KEY ON THE KEYBOARD YOU WANT OR ON CONTROLLERS TOO.

Sheesh. Whine whine whine. Complain complain complain.

If you don't like the game, go somewhere else. If you wish to publish constructive feedback on the game instead of a pathetic rant, do that instead but REMEMBER, get your facts straight before you do. Makes you look.. kinda stupid when you go off about something that isn't true.

Later.
Max Conrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 12:09 AM   #4
djmattyg007

After seeing the default Xbox 360 controller graphics all over the menus, and no way of getting rid of them by changing my default control scheme to a keyboard, I think it's pretty reasonable to assume it's a port. The fact that it isn't makes it even worse.

I can't map every Xbox 360 controller button to my keyboard. I can't map the X, Y or bumper buttons used in the menus to any keys on my keyboard. They're not listed anywhere and I have to press every key on the keyboard to somehow work out what they're all mapped to.

I have published constructive feedback on the game. To me, it looked like a really lazy port, and it was therefore not worth buying, because it's my belief that assuming everyone by default has an Xbox 360 controller is an insult to PC gamers.
djmattyg007 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Post Apocalyptic Mayhem