Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stronghold series

Old 02-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #1
WutangK1llaBee

Stronghold (original) and Crusader Extreme fail to execute when I click play

I just bought the 5 pack stronghold series hoping to play the new maps on Crusader and come to find that the game won't open. When I click play the desktop cursor loads then it goes away like nothing happened. I have played crusader on this computer before but it was a while ago... maybe 6 months. What happened from then to now? I also noticed that the first Stronghold does the exact same thing but Stronghold 2 loads just fine. Am I missing something here? I ran both games as admin, tried checking the box for "Disable desktop composition", and tried running in compatibility mode for Windows XP SP2 and SP3. Someone help
Old 02-03-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
WutangK1llaBee

Nobody has input?
WutangK1llaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 11:29 AM   #3
WutangK1llaBee

Please help me :/
WutangK1llaBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 10:36 AM   #4
Naylor

I donīt have Stronghold so i canīt test out on my system.
But what i found out about problems like that is:

1.Use newest drivers for your system (mainly for your GFX-Card), even if it is a old game. Sometimes a Driver version have a little bug that only shows up on a handfull of games. If you updated your Drivers since last time Stronghold runs fine try the driver version you had installed before.

2.Try to disable your Virus Scanner but only for testing. No joke , after an update my Avira Antivir let Fallout3+New Vegas freez like hell. Now iīm using Avast Antivirus but the last update to Version7 was a joke.For example , Tomb Raider Anniversary didnīt start after i updated Avast to ver.7. It was started in Sandbox mode by Avast and crashed. At the moment i use the old Version 6 of Avast.

Try to find out what changed on your system.

Hope this helps a bit
Naylor is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stronghold series