Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Insane 2

Old 02-03-2012, 09:58 AM   #1
Wurzel_Pummage

Options resetting themselves

Hey there. Is anybody else suffering from their options being reset every single time they boot the game? It never seems to remember them at all and I was wondering if anyone had a solution
Old 02-03-2012, 11:14 AM   #2
Batguano

No, it is keeping my settings.

Look under your MyGames directory

(In Windows 7 it is C:\Users\<Your User Name Here>\MyGames\Insane2\)

There should be a user_config.cfg text file that you can open and it should have all your settings.

Most are pretty self-explanatory for the grahics. You might have to puzzle out the input settings.

I guess you could set the game up the way you want from within the game and then alt-tab out and make a copy of this file. Then exit out of the game and write over the original cfg file with this copy you just made and set the read-only flag on it.

Might make the game crash if it can't write to the cfg file though.

I just changed som stuff around and then fiddled with the settings in the game and what I changed in the cfg file did not get changed back to the default values, so you may just be able to change the cfg file to be what you want and then run the game and not bother with the in-game setups.

Figure out how to unpack the pak files and you can fiddle with them also.

Bats
Batguano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:12 PM   #3
Wurzel_Pummage

Thanks for the reply.

I had already tried dabbling with the config file to see if that would sort it but it made no difference unfortunately. The game still resets everything every time which is a shame
Wurzel_Pummage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 02:00 AM   #4
Wurzel_Pummage

I have found a solution! It's not too much hassle but it would be nice if the developers fixed it so it wouldn't need to be done again in the future. I'll post it in case anyone else gets this problem.

Basically what was happening was every time I changed my settings in-game, it changed the relevant information listed under 'cvars' in the 'user_cfg' file located at:
D:\Users\xxxxxxxx\Documents\My Games\insane2

But the 'config' file located within the game's own folder was unaltered, leaving the 'cvars' section blank. I copied that entire section from the 'user_cfg' file and pasted it in then saved it and the game remembers my settings every time I boot it up now

Hope this helps anyone else!
Wurzel_Pummage is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Insane 2