Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blackwell series

Old 02-08-2012, 07:08 AM   #1
Ragnarmir

Unhappy B.U. steam achievements don't want to work :(

Hello. I have a problem. I completed Blackwell Unbound and opened almost all achievements, except Commentary Mode and Trying to cut down. After, I turned on commentary mode in main menu and started new game. I ended it with 13 cigarettes and with comentary mode. But Steam says nothing. This achievements are locked. But in the game Achievement window, I have all 10 achievements completed I can't unlock the via Steam. Tryid to relaunch the game many times. I skipped credits, I didn't skip them. Nothing helps
Old 02-08-2012, 12:04 PM   #2
WadjetEye

Wadjet Eye Games
Hi. Are you using the beta version of Steam? Others reported that using the beta version causes the achievements to stay locked in their Steam client.
WadjetEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2012, 01:33 PM   #3
Ragnarmir

Thanks for your answer, you've done a really nice game
But I don't use beta client. I tried to reinstall Blackwell Unbound. Deleted all files in game directory. I keeped 1 save. Started the game. In game all achievements were locked. I loaded my save, ended the game, but steam didn't unlock that 2 achievements again. But my game now shows me, that I earned all of them. Thats crazy. I even tried to use beta client after I noticed some guys, who had equal problems. Nothing happened. Returned to normal not-beta-steam, still nothing
I think the only way is to delete the game and all saves. Then download it again and start new game. 3rd time. But I'm afraid, that this achievements will not unlock...

Last edited by Ragnarmir: 02-08-2012 at 01:37 PM.
Ragnarmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 12:40 PM   #4
N1claus

Same situation here, with Blackwell Convergence. Up until yesterday, everything seemed to work fine, I played up to the Roosevelt Island location, unlocking every possible achievement on the way. Today, I finished to game, but while the in-game achievements menu shows everything properly awarded, Steam won't unlock them. I do not participate in the beta either.

I wonder if Steam's official update yesterday has something to do with it, nothing else has changed on my end.

EDIT: To confirm that it isn't a problem either with Steam in general or something on my end, I just unlocked a couple of achievements on Sonic CD. Worked just fine.

Last edited by N1claus: 02-09-2012 at 02:44 PM.
N1claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
WadjetEye

Wadjet Eye Games
There was an official update? Ugh. That must be it. We had to do some serious finagling to get the achievements to work. I'll look into it!
Old 02-09-2012, 11:25 PM   #6
Ragnarmir

No, there wasn't any updates. All games are in original state.
Thanks for your help.
Ragnarmir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:27 PM   #7
DCtc

I'm having this problem as well in Blackwell Unbound.
I got all the achievements fine in the first game, so I'm not sure what the problem is. I've tried re-installing, but to no avail.
DCtc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 01:11 AM   #8
N1claus

Ragnarmir, I'm talking about the update of the non-beta Steam client, dated 07-02-12 (or 02-07-12 if you live in bizarro land). For me at least, it was the only thing that changed before Blackwell Convergence's achievements stopped unlocking.

And yet another Steam update is downloading as we speak. The beta must be bearing fruits for official updates to be released so frequently.
N1claus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:24 AM   #9
sCinix

Same here. Finished Legacy and then noticed that achievements aren't unlocked on Steam. However they are unlocked in the game.

Using non-beta Steam client.

Last edited by sCinix: 02-13-2012 at 09:25 AM.
sCinix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 08:55 AM   #10
nomecopies

Quote:
Originally Posted by sCinix View Post
Same here. Finished Legacy and then noticed that achievements aren't unlocked on Steam. However they are unlocked in the game.

Not using non-beta Steam client.
Same problem here.
nomecopies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 04:17 AM   #11
TorcidaVerde

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sCinix View Post

Using non-beta Steam client.
yup.. +1
TorcidaVerde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 07:02 AM   #12
TReeTooN

yeah, achievements does not work :/
TReeTooN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 01:17 PM   #13
WadjetEye

Wadjet Eye Games
We *think* it's because our Steam plugin needs to be recompiled with the new version of the Steam API. If that's so, then the savegames won't break. Cross your fingers.
Old 02-14-2012, 07:05 PM   #14
Cpt. Sqweky

*Crosses fingers*

I'm having the same problem with Legacy.
Cpt. Sqweky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2012, 09:33 AM   #15
bomiboogie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WadjetEye View Post
We *think* it's because our Steam plugin needs to be recompiled with the new version of the Steam API. If that's so, then the savegames won't break. Cross your fingers.
Crossing, crossing...

I've also noticed in Blackwell: Legacy that Achievments are appearing only in-game. I'm sure you will find a solution.
bomiboogie is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blackwell series