Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series

Old 02-13-2012, 12:46 PM   #1
Westwick

Going to buy warband.

Tried the demo it was cool. Not awfully fond of the pricetag but hey, I don't see many sales approaching.

So a few questions for a newb getting into M&B. Apologies if there's already a new player guide. I'm really just looking for some insider knowledge.

Should I buy on steam or from their website?

Are there important patches or mods to avoid annoying things?

Any other suggestions/tips?
Old 02-13-2012, 12:54 PM   #2
Czqnielsen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwick View Post
Tried the demo it was cool. Not awfully fond of the pricetag but hey, I don't see many sales approaching.

So a few questions for a newb getting into M&B. Apologies if there's already a new player guide. I'm really just looking for some insider knowledge.

Should I buy on steam or from their website?

Are there important patches or mods to avoid annoying things?

Any other suggestions/tips?

Hey, you should've bought the game during the sale. All the three games for like 15 bucks or something.

If you buy on steam you should be able to download it from their website, but not vice versa.

The game is fine as it is, but if you go to forums.taleworlds.com you will find there are hundreds of good mods, both multiplayer and singleplayer. If you played through the game and want to try something new, it is as easy and downloading a mod and putting it into your modules folder, that way your default game is not affected by you installing the mod and you can change between them whenever you like just by selecting it from a drop-down menu.

I got 120 hours in warband, and like 20 hours in With fire and Sword, and I enjoy both really much, it's definitely the best indie game I have bought ever (Warband that is).

EDIT:

Oh and you should post on the taleworld forums, they're a lot more active than the Mount & Blade steam forums.
Czqnielsen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 01:40 PM   #3
Revill

I would suggest you to install Diplomacy mod. It adds many diplomatic features that should help you.
You can find some help in this wiki: http://mountandblade.wikia.com/wiki/...nd_Blade_Wiki#.
However, finding out some game features by yourself brings you much more satisfaction
Good luck playing this awesome game!
Revill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 04:49 PM   #4
Mebbwebb

Floris Mod Pack 2.5

Best completion of mods out there.
Mebbwebb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 05:34 PM   #5
Westwick

Thanks for the great response!

I'll get it on steam and carry on where I left off in the demo.
Also thanks for the heads on the mods to try.

Cheers folks.
Westwick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 05:57 PM   #6
azxcvbnm321

I'm playing Floris Mod Pack 2.5 right now. It's an excellent mod and I don't know why anyone would ever go back to Native with Floris out there.

Still my favorite mod is Prophecy of Pendor. It's a mod for advanced players who get tired of how easy Mount and Blade becomes in mid to late game. It also adds new storylines, new map, new weapons and stuff, new economic options and buildings, new factions, new minor factions, special spawns and too many things to list. It does NOT have diplomacy mod tacked on though, which is probably it's biggest weakness, but overall I find the balance and gameplay to be better in Prophecy of Pendor. You should give both mods a try.
azxcvbnm321 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mount & Blade series