Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Resident Evil series > Resident Evil 5

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 02-20-2012, 09:35 PM   #1
SnipersAngel

Raccoon City for PC?

Hey, I been trying to see if Resident Evil Raccoon City is coming out on PC.
I have heard that it is, but I don't see any info on it or a date of the release.
I heard it might only come out as a DLC.
Does anyone know, for one, if this game is coming out for pc?
And if so when?
Old 02-20-2012, 10:12 PM   #2
notdeadyet01

here you go.
notdeadyet01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:38 PM   #3
Liln360

Yes it coming to PC but there no date which is sad. It will probably 1 or 7 months after the game has come out the Console.
Liln360 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 11:15 AM   #4
DragonFlyM13

Quote:
Originally Posted by notdeadyet01 View Post
+1 i'm gonna use that site the next time someone asks me a PC question haha XD
DragonFlyM13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 06:42 PM   #5
Dark_090

We have higher standards that's all.

But seriously I thought the RE series could not sink any deeper than what happened with RE5. Old days forever gone.
Dark_090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:53 PM   #6
Planeforger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_090 View Post
But seriously I thought the RE series could not sink any deeper than what happened with RE5. Old days forever gone.
I'm struggling to think of ways in which RE5 differed greatly from the rest of the series.
- RE4 had already completely changed the setting, enemies and gameplay mechanics
- RE1 had already introduced the cheesey characters, hilariously bad action movie dialogue, the giant monsters to kill, and the campy atmosphere (seriously, try not to laugh at the original PS1 intro to RE).
- RE3 had already armed us to the teeth, and pitted us against rocket-launcher-dodging quick time events.

I mean, the co-op focus seems to be the most outlandish part...although survival horror games have featured a male and female protagonist pair since long before the first RE game, so that seems to fit the traditions to an extent (and it sure as hell beat hearing "Leon! HELP!" every five minutes).

Maybe I'm just biased, since I played RE5 in co-op first, and it's one of the best co-op games I've ever played, but still...I always get the impression that those who complain about where the series is going are completely glossing over all of those moments in previous games where youre, I don't know, firing acid grenades at a giant snake.

/rant

Anyway, RC looks interesting. I'm not sold on the concept yet, but if the mechanics feel anything like RE 4 or 5, it could be a solid game.
Planeforger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 11:23 PM   #7
Cedge

Quote:
I highly, highly recommend you play Revelations. It's a fantastic combination of the best of the old and new RE games. Really top-notch game.
Cedge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:28 PM   #8
teH_angRy_nIgHt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cedge View Post
I highly, highly recommend you play Revelations. It's a fantastic combination of the best of the old and new RE games. Really top-notch game.
But then I need to own whole niche console that I otherwise have no interest with. It's 3DS exclusive because the game is in "3D". Wonderful, that feature is so well developed and relevant on a portable device.
teH_angRy_nIgHt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #9
jenovaweapon

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by teH_angRy_nIgHt View Post
But then I need to own whole niche console that I otherwise have no interest with. It's 3DS exclusive because the game is in "3D". Wonderful, that feature is so well developed and relevant on a portable device.
Yeah, it's a real "niche" console when it's the successor to the Nintendo DS, one of the best selling consoles ever made.

It actually is done well for the current games and will continue to be expanded on. But no, continue being misinformed on what little you know and not trying it out yourself.
jenovaweapon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:01 AM   #10
GirlPower23

Quote:
We have higher standards that's all.

It's a spinoff title that has absolutely nothing to do with the main franchise. A Resident Evil version of L4D is welcome in my book.
GirlPower23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2012, 06:11 AM   #11
DocShady

Quote:
But seriously I thought the RE series could not sink any deeper than what happened with RE5.
63 hours and counting and on my 7th play through. I would tend to disagree.
DocShady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2012, 09:19 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #12
MikeBlaszczak

Valve
NOthing to do with Steam Community, so this moves to General.
MikeBlaszczak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:08 AM   #13
ScottJAw

Yea.. not a huge fan of the RE series since I only played 1&2 back on PS1 I believe.. got 5, only played about half way through before I got bored but RC looks awesome. Not holding my hopes too high since I despise Capcom at the moment but I'll probably check it out on xbox.
ScottJAw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 07:42 AM   #14
arash010

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottJAw View Post
Yea.. not a huge fan of the RE series since I only played 1&2 back on PS1 I believe.. got 5, only played about half way through before I got bored but RC looks awesome. Not holding my hopes too high since I despise Capcom at the moment but I'll probably check it out on xbox.

laser teeth whitening
arash010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 12:12 AM   #15
Leon Belmont

Resident Evil sadly won't be the same

It seems that none of us won't see any old RE game in Steam, Capcom won't make any remakes, for PC, remember that most of the companies forgets the PC gamers!
Leon Belmont is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Resident Evil series > Resident Evil 5