Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stronghold series > Stronghold 3

Old 02-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #1
Crawdaddy79

Blackstaff mission shows how broken Stronghold 3 is.

After all the patches there are still some serious flaws in how the game plays.

1. The very first enemy you encounter, on a hill, can't be touched by your archers until you run through half the valley, and by then at least two of your soldiers are dead. [EDIT: Normally, this would make sense, except there is actually less line of sight in the middle of the valley than there is further away.]

2. Grouping seems absolutely necessary. I tried and there is no audio/visual indication that your grouping attempt was successful. It does work, though. However...

3. Groups aren't remembered in save games (a serious WTF). I reloaded after my entire group of peasants were wiped out by traps only to find that I'll have to separate everyone into the 5 groups I previously created all over again.

4. Sometimes when you tell your archers to attack, they say "ALRIGHT SIRE" and they just sit there, getting rained on by enemy archers. Also, sometimes telling them to attack (and they audibly confirm to you that the command was accepted) interrupts their movement entirely.

I think I really gave this game a fair shot. I was able to enjoy it somewhat for the first five missions, dealing with little bugs and other issues that took little away from the game. The Blackstaff mission though, grabs my head by the hair and grinds my face into everything I was trying to ignore previously. I quit.

Last edited by Crawdaddy79: 02-26-2012 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-26-2012, 09:48 AM   #2
zxdragon777

Question Stronghold3 bugged all over the place

this is a seriously bugged game , it crashes for no reason and you have to start again from scratch or try saving every few minutes so annyoying . Your units fail to carry out your commands and you end up losing half your units before you even realise they are not attacking or going to where they were sent . I'm sorry but for the money Firefly have charged for this game it needs some serious patching and game testing as i'm doing the inbuilt missions and it's full of bugs and crashes so they have obviously just thrown it out with little or no testing . even when purchased at half price ( wish i hadn't wasted my money and time ) . I hope this thread is left on as this is a complaint that the game has been released far to early or should we only buy games that have been out for at least a year . I wish i had read the forums prior to my purchase i would have definately not purchased this game until i read that it had been sorted out . I am so annoyed because i really liked the first 2 of this series and quite liked the storyline quests but am so disappointed on Stronghold3 not because it's a bad game just between the bugs and crashing whilst playing makes it awful , and i only bought it after 2 patches had come out i wonder how bad it was when first released . Anyway i hope the developer manages to sort these problems out and beneath the surface is a really good enjoyable game .
Hope this post helps people make an informed decision
Cheers to everyone out there happy gaming
Andrew
zxdragon777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 11:23 AM   #3
Achilleslastand

Both of you fellas should have consulted me before throwing your money away on this half baked pc game.
Achilleslastand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2012, 05:58 PM   #4
Levi

Geez, its still that bad off? I'm starting to wonder if it'll ever be playable. My 50 dollars I spent are looking pretty wasted right now.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 03:55 PM   #5
Crawdaddy79

Looks like I'm going to have to wait for the next patch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-o1xlE506A
Crawdaddy79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 05:55 PM   #6
stronger

FireFly Studios
If you use the new Attack/Move and click to the left of them on the flat ground do your archers move ?
stronger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 06:53 PM   #7
Crawdaddy79

It works, but I'd still like to be able to click "attack" and have my archers attack.

Then again, they would only attack the one guy clicked on anyway, so it's probably best to attack-move everywhere. Do you have plans to add a button on the interface to be like a toggle switch?

Also wouldn't mind a help screen in the tutorial book that lists all the controls/hotkeys. Not able to figure out how to enable freelook mode. Is this not available in the SP campaign?
Old 03-02-2012, 10:08 AM   #8
FireFlyNick

FireFly Studios
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
It works, but I'd still like to be able to click "attack" and have my archers attack.

Then again, they would only attack the one guy clicked on anyway, so it's probably best to attack-move everywhere. Do you have plans to add a button on the interface to be like a toggle switch?

Also wouldn't mind a help screen in the tutorial book that lists all the controls/hotkeys. Not able to figure out how to enable freelook mode. Is this not available in the SP campaign?
Thanks for the suggestions, I will pass them on for you.

In the meantime you can find a print-friendly list of keyboard shortcuts here:

http://www.fireflyworlds.com/index.p...500&Itemid=347
FireFlyNick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 06:21 PM   #9
Crawdaddy79

Could you (or someone) maybe add the free look hotkey to that list?

I only just now found it mentioned on the news updates on your main site, that it's Alt + F to "unlock" it.

Any plans to add a waypoint system so we can move troops around obstacles without having to babysit them?

Am I being unreasonable for expecting these things?
Old 03-07-2012, 06:24 PM   #10
Levi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crawdaddy79 View Post
Am I being unreasonable for expecting these things?
Only as unreasonable as I am for expecting my buildings not to randomly stop working while fully staffed.

I wish refunds were possible. After 4 months of waiting the game shouldn't be in this state.

Last edited by Levi: 03-07-2012 at 06:27 PM.
Levi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Stronghold series > Stronghold 3