Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Meet the Team

Old 02-27-2012, 12:36 PM   #1
wazdakka

Banned
How Meet the pyro might go down:

As we all known Mtp has supposdly done for a while and i have a theory for why VALVe waited to release it last:

Theory: VALVe wanted to go in a full circle with Mtp and was adding to it after each previous meet the team.

By this is mean that Mtp will acctully be scenes from all the previous Meet The.. movies with the pyro running in to saving the day.

I.e:
it will show a scene from the Meet the medic but the team colors will be switched, so it will be a blu medic and heavy vs a group of red soilders, the blu medic activates charge and the heavy prepares to mow down the soilders like in the original movie, but then a red pyro comes in and air blast and breaks the charge and the soldiers all fire crockets and the Blu heavys says "o this is bad"

next, a scene form Meet the engi; blue engie, sitting down saying "hey buddy in an engineer, which means "(next to him the lvl 3 tracks something and then fires its rockets), "i solve problems like..."*gibbed by reflected rockets*

Then from Meet the scout: blu scout is chased by red on the center area of well, red pyro airblasts him into the path of an incoming train *scream of scout, and pyro flashes thumbs up* to fellow teamates

etc, etc... you get where im going with this and the rest of the clips im sure you can use your imagination (espically meet the spy )

All these clips builds up to the pyro being ubered and burning everything, BUT then....fade to inside RED's fortress you see 3 doors: 1 for boys, 1 for girls, and the 3rd door has the pyro class icon on it; pyro goes in and the door closes followed by you hearing the sound of the pyro talking off its gas mask

*fade to TF2 music, and picture of pyro in class line up*

Welp what do you think?
Old 02-27-2012, 01:54 PM   #2
brother red

the machinima meet the pyro. wasn't that clips from the other films and the he/she/it comes in and saves the day
brother red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 01:56 PM   #3
wazdakka

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by brother red View Post
the machinima meet the pyro. wasn't that clips from the other films and the he/she/it comes in and saves the day
not really it was that they based scenes usisn clips from other Mtp as the foundation plus the pyro was really "saving the day",
wazdakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:04 PM   #4
Kickflip

Way too much emphasis on the Pyro's Airblast.

Thats not what he's about
Kickflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 05:58 PM   #5
The Brainslug !

Banned
Not the best idea, Machinma already did a similar idea, and it's really not amusing to the viewer of the video. How would you like it if meet the pyro was just some short clips of him killing somebody, with no jokes invloved, followed with a billion ing airblasts.
The Brainslug ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 05:25 AM   #6
wazdakka

Banned
tell me this would you rather have Mtp that validates the pyro being nothing more than a derp w+m1 or would you rather VALVe show that the pyro is a a powerful class when its utlitys are used?

i suppose your right about the machinima thing
wazdakka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-29-2012, 08:46 PM   #7
Kickflip

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazdakka View Post
tell me this would you rather have Mtp that validates the pyro being nothing more than a derp w+m1 or would you rather VALVe show that the pyro is a a powerful class when its utlitys are used?

i suppose your right about the machinima thing
You're thinking that this video is going to be like a similar to gameplay.

Having the Pyro lighting people on fire cinematically and in-game w+m1 are completely different things.

In Meet the Medic they don't use any gameplay at all, so while airblasting is more respecitble than herp derp w+m1 in the actual game, it wouldn't look so well on the big screen. Lighting people on fire in movies though? That's pretty cool to watch.

I'd say the video would be more like meet the spy, where BLU members are trying to survive and escape from the Pyro.
Kickflip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 12:39 PM   #8
2dor

Define "go down"
2dor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2012, 04:45 PM   #9
The Brainslug !

Banned
****THIS IS A HORRIBLE IDEA BOTTEM LINE****
The Brainslug ! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #10
Leoholbel

Quote:
Originally Posted by wazdakka View Post
what do you think?
It's not without sadness that I conclude the current TF2 player's view of the pyro revolves solely around airblasting. Pyro = fire in Greek you know? And the concept of the class actually revolves around fire. It didn't even have airblast as of game launch. And yet you described 3 example scenes in which he uses ONLY the airblast.

So, if this is how the meet the PYRO movie turns out, it'll be a major failure in gaming history.
Leoholbel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 02:15 PM   #11
Crystal2112

Thumbs down

1. The "Pyro going behind the scenes" idea has already been done in a fan-made video, and was done much better than yours.
2. Pyro shouldn't only be using an airblast. Keep in mind, he/she/it is the Pyro.
3. It's been confirmed that Meet the Pyro will be about how Pyro views the world through his/her/its eyes.
Crystal2112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 07:36 PM   #12
Smashbrother101

Yeah. It could use work. If they were to try and feature EVERY single Meet the Team video in one, the whole thing would be rather long and dull, and the joke would get very dull pretty quickly.
Smashbrother101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2012, 07:28 PM   #13
SL1KMONKEY

I have a suggestion.

Starts off two of the BLU classes in trouble. They're being chased by the Pyro. They find a hiding spot and see the rest of their team (cept BLU pyro) cowering because of the Pyro is after them. They all share their story on what the Pyro is. Each class shares their story and it shows a flashback of how badass he/she is and each has a theory on what the Pyro is.

I feel that would be a great suspense thriller to build up to an awesome climax ending.

any thoughts?
SL1KMONKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 06:41 PM   #14
Smashbrother101

What's with all the multi-class ideas?

It doesn't have be that complicated. It can be much similar than that.
Smashbrother101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 09:20 AM   #15
Sulfarius

I think the pyro will burn everything allong it's path... because it is a bloody murderer!
Sulfarius is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Team Fortress 2 > Meet the Team