Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magicka

Old 03-06-2012, 03:39 PM   #1
funkymarlon

Yo Magicka team. Magicka - the second coming.

1. GAMEPLAY
Click to move.
2. GAMEPLAY
Instant targeting with the mouse.
3. GAMEPLAY
Join on the go. Leave/join, suits you sir.

and just like that from odd curiosity to most brilliant game in existence.... well somewhere up there anyway.

Get to work you monkeys!
Old 03-06-2012, 09:48 PM   #2
skiddlywibble

Magicka with more RPG elements would be cool. Keep the freefrom spell system, but make staffs and such have a greater effect on the system (like, say, one which would grant access to a special element or reverse the spell priority).
skiddlywibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:11 PM   #3
funkymarlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddlywibble View Post
Magicka with more RPG elements would be cool. Keep the freefrom spell system, but make staffs and such have a greater effect on the system (like, say, one which would grant access to a special element or reverse the spell priority).
I like Magicka because it's nothing like an RPG. I wouldn't want all the games in the world to be grinding for loot or levels... I would like to think that after some serious thought... maybe in a corner with the lights and possibly heat switched off - would persuade you, to see that grinding for anything in a game like Magicka is utterly and completely pointless and out of place. Silly nutter.
funkymarlon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 05:42 PM   #4
PolarisOrbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by skiddlywibble View Post
That would be cool. Some really simple effects could change the game a lot: like one staff that no matter what element combination you mix it always comes out in a certain shape (spray, projectile, etc.)

This may just be semantics, but I don't think I would call that another RPG element because staffs are already customizable. It's just adding depth to something that already exists, not adding a new element
PolarisOrbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:34 PM   #5
skiddlywibble

I didn't say anything about grinding or levels. RPG elements don't require Skinner box techniques, and if you'll read what I said with a little more care, I mentioned that a greater emphasis on pickups would be fun. No permenant change, just items that change the spell system in small ways to open up new possibilitys.

Think about the Cyber robe. It changes your "element" from life to electricity. It's a small change, but it can have a big effect on how you play. A potential item that could have a large effect on play could be a staff that slightly alters the priority that elements take: right now, rock seems to have the greatest, as any spell containing a rock element becomes a projectile; if the staff made spray elements (currently the lowest priority) dominate over other elements then you would suddenly have a very different selection of freeform spells.
skiddlywibble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2012, 11:52 PM   #6
funkymarlon

RPG elements = grinding. Name a game that proves that wrong.
Old 03-07-2012, 08:44 AM   #7
Vimescarrot

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymarlon View Post
RPG elements cover a wide array of aspects, one of which is grinding, another of which is nifty items that do fancy things.
Vimescarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
funkymarlon

oh god. why do i bother. fine fine there is no such thing as grinding for loot.
so, magicka 2 can start from a wand and sword factory where players can gear up how they see fit... and halfway thru the game maybe go back to said place and respec their gear... is that it? are we all satisfied now?
Old 04-16-2012, 09:15 AM   #9
Munchkin9

Quote:
Originally Posted by funkymarlon View Post
Couldn't let this go.

I'm sorry what? Are you completely insane?

Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, all the Wizard of the Coast games actually, Drakensang, Dark Messiah, Gothic (all of them), Risen for that matter as well. And that was just from looking at my game cds right next to me. I can keep going if you want.

Think before you speak. And if you still think your right. Then shut the f**** up, because obviously you can't think at all.

Quote:
i hate click to move.. outdated crap system.
why magicka doesnt have asdw as movement combined with the aim of the mouse i don't know :/
was wondering if i could figure out how to change that (just for solo play if nothing else)
Your turn. I want you to take a moment and think, very quickly you should (emphasize should) realize what you just makes no sense. Exactly how are the 'w' 'a' 's' and 'd' keys up for grabs? I mean there definitely not used for anything important right now or anything.

Last edited by Munchkin9: 04-16-2012 at 09:19 AM.
Munchkin9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 10:34 AM   #10
jsmucha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin9 View Post
Couldn't let this go.

Baldur's Gate, Icewind Dale, all the Wizard of the Coast games actually, Drakensang, Dark Messiah, Gothic (all of them), Risen for that matter as well. And that was just from looking at my game cds right next to me. I can keep going if you want.

Think before you speak. And if you still think your right. Then shut the f**** up, because obviously you can't think at all.

Your turn. I want you to take a moment and think, very quickly you should (emphasize should) realize what you just makes no sense. Exactly how are the 'w' 'a' 's' and 'd' keys up for grabs? I mean there definitely not used for anything important right now or anything.
-I was about to post something similar but... you phrased it well. Good job.
jsmucha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 11:40 AM   #11
funkymarlon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munchkin9 View Post
Couldn't let this go.

All of thouse games you listed. Play your save games and compare that to a new game with new characters. Work it out.

Also WASD for the mechanics described by me earlier should work just fine.

Also, you didn't actually bring anything to the discussion. But there you go, if you can't think please ask politely for an explanation.

Edit. *spoiler* (altho i didn't think it would be)
The spells would be bound to other keys

Last edited by funkymarlon: 04-24-2012 at 11:48 AM.
Old 03-07-2012, 02:02 PM   #12
Vimescarrot

You're the one who's getting stroppy...
Vimescarrot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2012, 03:24 PM   #13
funkymarlon

The road to Steam forums is paved with good intentions
Old 03-10-2012, 06:34 PM   #14
funkymarlon

So, players start in a broken wand depot...
Old 03-10-2012, 06:55 PM   #15
funkymarlon

Well, actually the weapon imbue thingy could use some more magicka in it. Say longer lasting and/or slightly more powerful stuff that would give an option to a viable melee style of play. Throw that into the broken wands section I suppose. Or is it senile wands?

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Magicka