Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation

Old 03-08-2012, 04:41 PM   #1
thescythianking

Series to teach about Wargame units

Tell me what you think. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tXJtfD1xxvA
Old 03-08-2012, 09:25 PM   #2
Yokozunayojimbo

You pronounced Chinook incorrectly its "Shin-ook" not "Chin-ook". Also the "military briefing" style voice is a bit annoying sounding just speak normally like everyone else does guys that talk like that get laughed at in the military I have seen it with my own eyes.

In the military in stead of saying "it can shoot so far way" we say "the maximum effective range of this weapon is X meters."
In stead of "it can fire X rounds per minute" we would say "The sustained rate of fire for this weapon system is X RPM.

I am just saying it seems that you are trying to make it sound realistic just giving you some ideas.

The URAL is called the Ural after the Ural mountains it is not an acronym.

Last edited by Yokozunayojimbo: 03-08-2012 at 09:36 PM.
Yokozunayojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2012, 02:11 PM   #3
Timberfox

Yokozunayojimbo, correcting punctuation and phrasing is the least helpful thing you could of done to improve his video. I was in the army, and as far as i know, most people said 'cha-nook,'so maybe you should write some letters to deployed soldiers to correct their pronunciation. Also, i dont think i've ever heard anyone say "the maximum effective range of this weapon is X meters" out of a training environment; anyone would just say "has a range of." Also, since this game does have different firerates/styles, pointing out that he needs to say "sustained rate of fire" is completely , he said it fine the first time.

Now that i've bashed on that guy for bashing on you, thescythianking, i'll give my input. Your video was about resupplying troops in a game, yet i had to sit through you basically just reading stuff from a spreadsheet for 6 minutes. You could cut that time by 75% just by being concise and saying what needs to be said.

For example, since your not talking about combat vehicles, you can just skip mentioning anything about stabilizers. On vehicles that have large operational ranges, you dont even need to mention specific numbers such as their operational range, or fuel capacity, because anyone watching your video likely wants tips, and it'll be easier to say "this command vehicle has enough fuel that you wont likely need to worry about it the entire game".

Also, since your talking about supply vehicles, mentioning their cost/capacity is good, and even better if you end up comparing that to their speed.

I hope that helped a bit.
Timberfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 06:13 PM   #4
blastpop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yokozunayojimbo View Post
You pronounced Chinook incorrectly its "Shin-ook" not "Chin-ook".
Well in practice the guys in the local unit call it "Chin-ook" whether right or wrong...
blastpop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2012, 09:59 PM   #5
Yokozunayojimbo

Well he must have changed the audio then because he did say chin~ook.Chinook is the name of an Indian tribe and you can look up the tribe which the CH-47 is named after the Chinook tribe there is a weather pattern in the US and Canada called Chinook wind that is pronounced with an emphasis on the Chin the tribe name which the CH-47 is named for is not pronounced that way maybe people in the UK military put emphasis on the chin but that is not correct.

http://www.howjsay.com/index.php?word=chinook

Timberfox I am not sure why you think I am bashing the OP.I merely gave him some ideas on how to make it sound more realistic as it seemed this was his goal.I could have used a better word than annoying but I still do not think that makes the entire post come across as bashing.Have you read the types of posts some people put on this site? The kind that are clearly bashing are very crass.

Last edited by Yokozunayojimbo: 03-10-2012 at 10:06 PM.
Yokozunayojimbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Wargame: European Escalation