Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mafia series

Old 03-11-2012, 09:32 AM   #1
ozgeek

Mafia: Don't know where to go

First mission: Taxi chase.

Outran the baddies and was told to go to a place but I don't know where to go. All I have on screen is a compass pointing in the direction but there is no way to show me how the heck get over there. Map? GPS? "I show you the way", ok. Drives up the block. they says nothing for next 15 minutes but complains that I am taking too long. SHOW ME THE F way.

but no...all I am doing is driving around at 15kph. The slowest I've ever seen. The driving in this so far sucks. I actually fell asleep driving around at a snail's pace not knowing where they want me to go.
Old 03-11-2012, 10:20 AM   #2
raupi

What you are calling a compass is actually an indicator where to go. The Arrow in the top left corner (image) shows you the direction your target is. There is also a map in this game, i'm not sure how to toggle it. Could be a key or a menu item, check the controls to find out more.
raupi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:41 AM   #3
Symbiotic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozgeek View Post
First mission: Taxi chase.

Outran the baddies and was told to go to a place but I don't know where to go. All I have on screen is a compass pointing in the direction but there is no way to show me how the heck get over there. Map? GPS? "I show you the way", ok. Drives up the block. they says nothing for next 15 minutes but complains that I am taking too long. SHOW ME THE F way.

but no...all I am doing is driving around at 15kph. The slowest I've ever seen. The driving in this so far sucks. I actually fell asleep driving around at a snail's pace not knowing where they want me to go.
Yeah, the driving in Mafia I is pretty bad. You can switch between automatic/manual and that was the only way I could get my cars up to a decent speed.
Symbiotic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2012, 11:55 AM   #4
drekorig

If you press Tab, it'll bring up the city map, which shows all the routes around town. A blue X should mark the waypoint, if not, take the Giuliano Bridge (the huge red bridge in New Ark, which resembles the Golden Gate of San Francisco), then after you passed through, and you see a tramline, hit a sharp right, and go through the tunnel. After that, hit the left, then follow the route. It should take you to Salieri Bar, where you have to go.
drekorig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 05:25 PM   #5
skidmark13

You have to get out of the car at one point and finish on foot through alleys, green arrows give clues where to turn. After a few tries you'll figure out which way to turn.
It's a great game, give it a chance, once you get accustomed to the system you'll have a blast!
No game's perfect, you have to work with what you get.
skidmark13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:44 AM   #6
mjc0961

Quote:
Originally Posted by skidmark13 View Post
You have to get out of the car at one point and finish on foot through alleys, green arrows give clues where to turn. After a few tries you'll figure out which way to turn.
It's a great game, give it a chance, once you get accustomed to the system you'll have a blast!
No game's perfect, you have to work with what you get.
It's not a great game at all. It's about 90% driving, and what's not driving is really clunky shooting or melee combat. And tons of game bugs that force you to reload checkpoints. The story? It's okay, but it's nothing special (they even ripped one part straight out of The Godfather), and certainly not worth all the undue praise this game gets.

Personally TC, my recommendation is that you go to Control Panel, Programs and Features, and uninstall Mafia. Your blood pressure will thank you for it.
mjc0961 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mafia series