Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Pirates and Zombies

Old 03-26-2012, 10:57 PM   #1
indonesia

This game should have multiplayer

Um just sayin'
Old 03-26-2012, 11:43 PM   #2
AmericanSoldier

games like SPAZ- Space Rangers, Starscape, Starfarer, etc. they don't have multiplayer either.
Why should this game be any different.. it's great as it is.
AmericanSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 12:47 AM   #3
indonesia

i've only heard about the games you mentioned and i have never played them myself.

i don't know if you're old enough to remember this but the game: subspace is somewhat similar to spaz and it's multiplayer.

i think spaz would be a fun game to play with or against friends.
indonesia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 01:17 AM   #4
AmericanSoldier

the games i mentioned that are like SPAZ... i've never played them either.
but it's just my opinion that games like this are meant to be singleplayer, although multiplayer would be cool, i don't think that'll happen to SPAZ... but i heard something about SPAZ 2...

Last edited by AmericanSoldier: 03-27-2012 at 01:30 AM.
AmericanSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:07 PM   #5
brokenguns25

I agree. Just imagine Spaz with a DOTA style map and gameplay. Someone needs to make it.
brokenguns25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:55 AM   #6
h4ngedm4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by brokenguns25 View Post
I agree. Just imagine Spaz with a DOTA style map and gameplay. Someone needs to make it.
OMG! I have totally fantasized about this same thing. 2d top down space shooter with dota context (creeps, lanes, objective structure, progression, shop). But I don't think it will ever get made
h4ngedm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 01:44 AM   #7
MithranArkanere

The more, the merrier.

This rules apples ALWAYS to any game.
MithranArkanere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 05:11 PM   #8
Cobra5

http://www.stellar-impact.com/

DOTA games aren't my cup of tea so I haven't tried it, but yeah, someone made a game like that.

SPAZ is great fun the way it is but I'd love co-op. I mean you have at least three ships anyway. From a developer standpoint, multiplayer is a lot more involved then just "adding it in" though...
Cobra5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 06:55 PM   #9
h4ngedm4n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra5 View Post

DOTA games aren't my cup of tea so I haven't tried it, but yeah, someone made a game like that.

SPAZ is great fun the way it is but I'd love co-op. I mean you have at least three ships anyway. From a developer standpoint, multiplayer is a lot more involved then just "adding it in" though...
Thanks for the Stellar Impact link! It looks cool but with no demo $20 is a bit much when dota 2/lol/hon are free. Hopefully they go to a f2p model or release a demo in the future.
h4ngedm4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:18 PM   #10
mriguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cobra5 View Post

Avoid Stellar-Impact! The game had a great push by Total Biscuit but the developer wasted far too much time trying to figure ways to monetize DLC rather than improving the game and fixing the bugs. It is sad because the game had lots of potential. Community is already dead and has given up. This was my most regrettable indie purchase to date. I expect it to go F2P within the next few months in a last ditch effort to save the game.

I would love a MP version of S.P.A.Z.

Last edited by mriguy: 04-07-2012 at 10:28 AM.
mriguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 06:09 PM   #11
StrikerSmith

SPAZ could work perfectly in Multiplayer. Just think of Freelancer
StrikerSmith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 09:39 AM   #12
setzway

To begin; NOOO-! to SPAZ multiplayer being like dota or similar. While I know why people find that type of game fun, I am among those that hate dota. I don't know how exactly multiplayer should be implemented with a game like SPAZ. I know MinMax said that in SPAZ 2 there will hopefully be multiplayer.

Personally I was thinking multiplayer would at first be cooperative. As in players would be able to do missions together/whatever and either A) each person controls their own personal ship and together you guys make a fleer. Or B) Each person has their own fleet of three-four ships, thus enabling huge battles to unfold with the players' ship count going to 9-12 from 3-4. Since PvP in general is on a significant rise as of late, I think it would probably have to play differently. I could see the possiblity of each player have 3-4 ships, but I don't see that being viable. Instead it would probably be like the Arena, each person only has one ship predetermined and loaded based on whatever the "challenge" is. That way it could open arena type PvP up more, like one player starts with a medium ship and decent equips, whereas the other players start with smalls, surplus equipment but good cloak/shields. It would play like an FFA but obviously you would want to take out the big player first. I could also see objective based game modes using starbases/outposts as well, it could be pretty fun.

However, all we can do is speculate using SPAZ as an example. Whereas SPAZ 2 might just use a different engine or have radically different gameplay. I guess we will have to wait and see. I think SPAZ 1.5 will have multiplayer, I think I read that the devs were thinking about adding it in and making SPAZ 1.5 to be centered around multiplayer so that can guage how to implement it in SPAZ 2 as well as using the game to bridge the story gap between SPAZ and SPAZ 2.
setzway is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Space Pirates and Zombies