Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blur

Old 03-29-2012, 09:22 AM   #1
raubhamster

Ridge Racer Unbounded, who buys it?

As the title says, who of you is going to buy Ridge Racer Unbounded (release is tomorrow)?

I'm annoyed by all the cheaters in Blur and so far I'm not ready to buy a xbox or ps3 yet to play it there, though it would be fun I guess.

I've met only a few of you nice guys in other games like NFS, Dawn of War or Battlefield 3.
So, who will I see in RRU?
Old 03-29-2012, 10:02 AM   #2
effedieffe

One of my best friends on PS3 has asked me the same and I went to the tube to see some footage but I have to say that it doesn't impressed me so much. Gas Guzzlers seems more interesting imo
effedieffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:22 AM   #3
raubhamster

The videos didn't impress me too. But the developers usually create good racing games, so hopefully they will do it this time too.
And when I saw the first Blur trailer half a year before it has been released I thought by myself what a crappy game this will be.
I bought it anyway without reading any tests or looking for videos.
And it was awesome!
raubhamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:56 AM   #4
Speedjunkie

like effe, i am not impressed from the stuff you could see so far. does anybody know, if a demo will be available?
Speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #5
FettMedStryk

The only thing that interested me in this game is that you can build your own tracks.
The racing it self doesn't impress me, it reminds me to much of split/second.
I will by it to PS3, if it has split-screen. So I can play with my friends.
But i could also by it and play it for a while, then go to GameStop and exchange it for an other game if I don't like it.

Here are some videos I found: Part1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uY8-iMdwfXo
Part2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89MPep7ahbw
Part3 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jywBVbTgBBM
FettMedStryk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #6
KazzyMac

Yeah, it seems a bit of a cross between Split/Second and Trackmania. To me that doesn't seem a bad combination, but it does mean that for a long time we aren't going to get another "realistic cars + semi-realistic handling + unrealistic futuristic neon power-ups". It's a shame, because I used to play Wipeout like a BOSS as a kid and Blur is literally the answer to "What would Wipeout be like with real cars?"

But yeah ... I'll be getting this today. Reviews are mixed; read the next part of my post if you decide to pick up the game.

A lot of people have been put off by the lack of a tutuorial explaining that you have to HOLD the handbrake/'drift' button to drift the car, rather than just tapping it as instinct tells you.

I read one particular review yesterday which was steadily bashing the game, up until the reviewer discovered the above. All of a sudden, he fell in love with the game due to the 'fun' button.

Anyways ... Blur will forever live on in my heart. Hell, the fact I've gotten bored of SSX already and gone back to playing it again must surely say enough.

edit

Fun, it's on Steam already. Downlooooooad.
KazzyMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 08:22 AM   #7
raubhamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KazzyMac View Post
I read one particular review yesterday which was steadily bashing the game, up until the reviewer discovered the above. All of a sudden, he fell in love with the game due to the 'fun' button.
Haha, I read the same one. At first he was pretty jarateed, then he figured out how to use the fun button.

Btw.: installing
Old 04-01-2012, 03:07 AM   #8
Xtremefunky

Banned
Lightbulb i had bought it.

I had bought Ridge Racer Unbounded, and its really funny.
Who like Blur, will love Ridge Racer Unbounded ^^. The Drift Handling is very GOOD. The game have no Powerups, but a "Powermod" and a "Boostmod". With the Powermod you can destroy onther drivers...actually its the same like Blur. But a litte onther "Powerup" Mod.....

Result: Who love Blur (like I), will love Ridge Racer Unbounded ^^

Video of Drift-Handle (made by me): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jsJI71No-c

P.s. What think you ? I`m a good drifter ?? in RRU ?
Xtremefunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:39 AM   #9
KazzyMac

That car's a to drive so yeah, you're pretty good. You might want to keep an eye on your speed though; on some sections you're going far too slowly through corners and wasting the Power you get because of it.

I've also got some Youtube footage up now, recorded from xbox 360. I'm not perfect either but apparently me just putting footage up of the game on Youtube prompted Rageous into saying he'll buy it so we just need to get a lot of people to buy this and we can have fun with it; it's a good game.
Old 04-01-2012, 08:37 AM   #10
Xtremefunky

Banned
Thumbs up Im the same opinion

Quote:
into saying he'll buy it so we just need to get a lot of people to buy this and we can have fun with it; it's a good game.
I think the same ^^.

Yes, i look to the speed, and i think with the Boost mod i get mor speed, but its not ture...the problem is I use my driftstyle from Blur, and if i drift and use Nitro, i get more speed, to drift faster, but in Ridge Racer Unbounded is not so, I remain slow....
But ok, i think Im fast enough....

And thanks for your FEEDBACK ^^
Xtremefunky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:39 AM   #11
raubhamster

The mp is total crap so far.
Maybe I'm the only one having these issues but I hate it.
The max players in a lobby were 3 so far, and they always disconnect during the race, so I'm alone and win. Maybe it's me that disconnects...who knows..
Hopefully they patch some things, the game uses steam but you can't invite players, add friends, nothing! You can try to find a game, that's all.

edit: In the RRU steam forum there are some of the devs trying to solve the problems until they will be fixed with a patch. So there is still hope!

Last edited by raubhamster: 04-01-2012 at 08:46 AM.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:46 AM   #12
Speedjunkie

from the stuff i could see from RRU so far, i grabbed deep into my gamebox and showed Split/Second the sunlight again. hell, this game is quite some fun, since it is like a Bruckheimer-movie
Speedjunkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:55 AM   #13
raubhamster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedjunkie View Post
from the stuff i could see from RRU so far, i grabbed deep into my gamebox and showed Split/Second the sunlight again. hell, this game is quite some fun, since it is like a Bruckheimer-movie

Hehe, I did the same about a week ago, installed it but then I played Blur.

RRU doesn't have such spectacular explosions and buildings collapsing, but still I would say they have pretty much in common.
Old 04-01-2012, 04:18 PM   #14
KazzyMac

I did the same; I played Split/Second for the week before RR:U was released, to get a general feel for the game.

RR:U seems more to sit somewhere between Split/Second and games like FlatOut and Project Gotham (an xbox racer produced by bizarre creations, using the same game engine as Blur). The explosions aren't as spectacular but that therefore puts more emphasis on racing skill rather than using trackside explosions to take people out.

Also I have been in a 7-player race on RR:U. I came third. I was screwed over at the start, got spun out :B
Old 04-02-2012, 08:46 AM   #15
raubhamster

Quote:

Also I have been in a 7-player race on RR:U. I came third. I was screwed over at the start, got spun out :B

Biggest lobby was 4 players for me. One disconnected right after the start. The other two left after 2 races.
I wish they would show you the amount of players online.
One of the devs said there are always 20-30 games running but with few players. Why don't they fill up the lobbies before creating new ones? Like in Blur. (Blur has perfect Multiplayerfeatures compared to RRU, so far, let's see what the patches will bring).

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Blur