Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Faction series

Old 03-31-2012, 06:16 PM   #1
high6

Can't play RFA due to low FOV. Any fix?

I can't play RFA for more than 10 minutes before the insanely small FOV starts destroying my eyes giving me a headache. I really enjoyed RFG and want to play RFA but the low FOV hurts too much. Is there a fix for the low FOV or did I just waste money on RFA?
Old 03-31-2012, 07:47 PM   #2
MADDOGGE

Found this on the net but since I haven't used it I can't vouch for it working as advertised.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTJo1i4_LtY
MADDOGGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
high6

Quote:
Originally Posted by MADDOGGE View Post
Found this on the net but since I haven't used it I can't vouch for it working as advertised.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aTJo1i4_LtY
Tried that and it doesn't work for me. Was released almost a year ago though so its probably outdated.
high6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Egg_Chen

Click on "Red Faction series" at the top of this thread to go back to the front page of this forum, and scroll down to the other thread about RFA's FOV.

Granted you do have to read past the first page on that thread, but the various fixes are only on page 2....
Egg_Chen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:41 PM   #5
high6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Egg_Chen View Post
Click on "Red Faction series" at the top of this thread to go back to the front page of this forum, and scroll down to the other thread about RFA's FOV.

Granted you do have to read past the first page on that thread, but the various fixes are only on page 2....
Thank you, somehow I missed that thread. The trainer didn't work but the modded files did the trick. I would like 90 FOV but I can at least play without my eyes bleeding at 75 FOV.

It amazes me that games these days are still released without an FOV option. I can't play with anything less than 70 FOV. Not only do I get motion sickness but the eye strain hurts terribly. My eyes still hurt from trying to play RFA last night.

Good thing I only paid 5$ for RFA though. I would not pay 60$ for a game without an FOV option.
high6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Red Faction series