Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ricochet (GldSrc)

Old 04-04-2012, 08:45 PM   #1
POGEfest

Call for Communication

The lack of communication between Valve and the Ricochet community has been a frustrating experience. While continued support for current and future products is greatly appreciated, fans of the Ricochet series have waited years for a word on when the franchise will return.

So, instead of focusing efforts in a negative and disrespectful way, we have decided to gain Valve's attention by delivering a basic message:

Your oldest and longest running fanbase would like better communication.

Waiting patiently for over twelve years is a daunting task, especially when E3 comes and goes without any beat of a Ricochet pulse, time and time again. Valve has never stated anything that information was scheduled to be released towards the end of 2008, and we believe that if they have chosen, for whatever reason, to withhold this information, fans should at least be acknowledged in some way, regardless of developmental plans for the next Ricochet project.

There has never been any inkling of an announcement for Ricochet 2, and if Valve have decided to do other things for the time being, that is fine; all that we ask for is a basic response on the matter, and to let fans know whether or not the Ricochet multiplayer experience is set for a refresh.

In addition: This message is in no way, shape or form attempting to rush the development of the Ricochet series; in fact, most members (who have signed via Steam Forums) agree that Valve should take the time needed to deliver a complete and polished product.

If you agree with the above message and statements, please reply with a thumbs up (you may also join the Steam group) and share your support constructively.

Hopefully such attention will be recognized by Valve, and the community's voice will be heard.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #2
Dark Lyra

Maybe in the meantime, we should get some modders to create a Ricochet mod for Team Fortress 2.
Dark Lyra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:59 AM   #3
Pigula

In my humble opinion there will not be any new Ricochet, because it's simple uneconomic for Valve. There are very few Ricochet lovers compared with for example Day of Defeat. Much more likely is a new ricochet mode made by some modders. This call or petition won't change anything. You can't stop time, games are older and older, now or then people will stop playing it.
Pigula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 03:27 PM   #4
Judge Doom

I see what you did there
Judge Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:48 PM   #5
Myself =P

Ricochet was awesome, full populated and successful game, would love to see a Source version, with frenetic action!
Myself =P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 11:13 PM   #6
ideanator

Where's the steam group?!?!???!1
ideanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 11:07 AM   #7
Noon

Hi,
Good news ^^ !!

“We’d like to be super transparent about the future of Ricochet 2,” said Newell, “but the problem is that the twists and turns that we’re going through would probably drive people more crazy than being silent about it until we can be very crisp about what’s happening.”

“Everyone who’s working on Ricochet 2 continues to work on Ricochet 2.”
Noon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 05:06 PM   #8
SlashBlack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noon View Post
Hi,
Good news ^^ !!

“We’d like to be super transparent about the future of Ricochet 2,” said Newell, “but the problem is that the twists and turns that we’re going through would probably drive people more crazy than being silent about it until we can be very crisp about what’s happening.”

“Everyone who’s working on Ricochet 2 continues to work on Ricochet 2.”
that was a joke from gabe, they were talking about ep3
SlashBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 03:53 PM   #9
POGEfest

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlashBlack View Post
I refuse to believe this.
POGEfest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:30 PM   #10
kjath

Quote:
yeah, this was a joke to make people frustrated by thinking they were working on Ricochet (an unimportant game in most peoples eyes) over Episode 3 (the most important game ever, in everyone else's eyes).
kjath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2012, 03:35 PM   #11
mes_gots_its

Quote:
Who the hell cares about Half Life? Ricochet is the best game EVAR! We need to see more communication between Valve and their most hardcore fans.
mes_gots_its is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 03:47 AM   #12
freeman4all

Come on people do you honestly believe Gabe was really talking about Ricochet (2?). I'm not coming on the Ricochet thread to insult anyone, but when he said the "GIANT STORY ARC" to me that threw up a huge Orange flag.
But who am I to say that there will never be a said Ricochet 2, there very well might be in the future.
But there is one thing that is for certain and that is HALF-LIFE 3, try looking up HL3 "news" and articles, you can spend weeks reading up on HL3.

Last edited by freeman4all: 05-31-2012 at 03:54 AM.
freeman4all is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 10:33 AM   #13
Ded-

Banned
I SUPPORT THIS
we all want a new ricochet
Ded- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 06:04 AM   #14
Marley TBS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ded- View Post
I SUPPORT THIS
we all want a new ricochet
Seconded,

I want to see where Valve takes the monumental Ricochet story in the future. Man, its going to bigger than L4D.

Marley TBS.
Marley TBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2012, 09:10 AM   #15
OFC_Petrick

Anyone ever tried Ricochet: Source? Should have been HL2DM serverside mod, not standalone mod though.
OFC_Petrick is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Ricochet (GldSrc)