Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Homefront

Old 04-13-2012, 11:07 PM   #1
Ming_Merciless

Smile Multiplayer not working

Anyone still playing this game I have been on a few times but alas I cannot get the multiplayer to work anymore.It just hangs and continues searching for servers. I get the message homefront has stopped working windows will look for a solution for this problem. I can't get the server software to work either. The single player is fine and have read this on the official forums but tech support has long gone. I got this game from the UK on disc when it first came out and not steam download, bar the one you need for the rest of the game when you first install.

There are few that have it in our clan and I want to set up server for our competitions running on our website. I know this is a non issue as ran it before on here but I am running windows 7 64bit, 8gbs g-skill sniper, i5 2500k, powercolor 5870 over-clock with 3 monitors. I ran it before on i5 760 my old pc but neither me or my friends can get the multiplayer to work anymore.

Any ideas would be grateful as I do like the game just been busy playing crysis 2 bc2 bf3. many thanx

ps. verifying the game files makes no difference all is fine, re-installing the same.

Last edited by Ming_Merciless: 04-13-2012 at 11:51 PM.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #2
Ming_Merciless

so everyone has it working and just a few of us guys here in Oz that doesn't and those on the homefront official forums..no one has any other ideas? maybe this is the wrong area eh?
Ming_Merciless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 10:02 AM   #3
Feelgood

Have you considered it may be a router issue? I know there were similar problems with the guys in the EU with their routers. Take a look at this thread.

http://www.homefront-game.com/forums/topic/6599
Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 06:50 PM   #4
Ming_Merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
Have you considered it may be a router issue? I know there were similar problems with the guys in the EU with their routers. Take a look at this thread.

http://www.homefront-game.com/forums/topic/6599
Thanx for the response, that was the first I checked out, thought it may have been tunngle as well so uninstalled that..after all my tries contacted THQ after 2 emails this is what they come up with:

Response : Thank you for contacting THQ Customer Support. Can you try this from a different internet connection? I understand that is a big request, but I need to see where the crash is occuring or if it is related to the connection.

Which is basically what's in those others posts..all other games are fine l4d2, dead island, spiral knights for the kids..had all the ports open..

What I don't understand is it worked and now it doesn't and nothing has changed..it's a mystery, oh it's a mystery(toyah wilcox)..and a friend has the same issues after getting him to try but others don't..

Anyway I am installing on the other pc and see if that makes any difference in case it's this pc for some reason that should whittle down the issue
Old 04-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #5
Feelgood

Interesting. Did you check to see if anything has happened with your firewall? Like an update that could do this? If so, you may need to add an exception to your firewall for Homefront.
Feelgood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:32 AM   #6
Ming_Merciless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Feelgood View Post
Interesting. Did you check to see if anything has happened with your firewall? Like an update that could do this? If so, you may need to add an exception to your firewall for Homefront.
All is well with the router..it's this pc I am running it on as I downloaded it through steam on the other pc and nps with it..so there is something on this pc that is stopping it for some reason doing the matchmaking.

I am in the process of downloading it all again on here instead of using the disc and see what happens, if that doesn't work it means a clean install of 7 and start all over again...12gb in 4 hrs download time ain't to bad while playing BF3, lol. here's hoping..just tested and no chance ahh well will just have ot play it on the other pc

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Homefront