Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2

Old 04-21-2012, 04:59 AM   #1
Sentinarian

Is anyone else bothered with this?

Hi all! Before posting my issue I'd just like to say I loved the first game and am really looking forward to the release of SEV2!

What bothers me about the demo is the German's AI. I've been playing on marksman difficulty, just to get a feel of the ballistics and work my way up from there. But I don't really see why I should even try. The AI on marksman can already spot me in a dark room, away from the window, 3 seconds after I enter it and then start throwing bullets at me with an accuracy that, at least, matches that of a sniper rifle.
They also seem to be fully aware of where I am aiming. I see one dodge for cover, I aim at where he will have to pass and just an inch before he is where I want him, he suddenly decides to shift his attention back to the other side of the road. If this is suppposed to be realistic, I can't imagine how the Germans lost the war...

Although I do really love the game, this is something that really bugs me as it is really frustrating when you've lined up that perfect moving target shot and they get away. Every f*cking time...
Old 04-21-2012, 08:15 AM   #2
Jaheebus

I find the AI terrible as well. First time playing Sniper Elite and I love the demo. I put everything on the hardest setting because I want it to feel rewarding when I place that perfect shot, but sometimes the AI just sort of crouch and do nothing, not even run for cover which just leads me to getting a perfect kill shot on them. Bit annoying.
Jaheebus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:16 AM   #3
lucky88shp

Yeah the AI is something that is very noticeably bad! The enemies just take cover in the open or on the same side of the object as you so you can just kill them anyways!
lucky88shp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:22 AM   #4
Hells High

Uh, guys, OP is saying the AI is too hard (lol).
Hells High is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2012, 09:27 AM   #5
Sentinarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hells High View Post
Uh, guys, OP is saying the AI is too hard (lol).
Hard in the sense that they just don't react realisticly. They aren't hard at all because all you have to do is wait 'till they get to cover and then just focus when they pop up to fire.
It's just frustrating that they always know where you are and who you're aiming at...
Sentinarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 09:10 AM   #6
Sentinarian

Okay, I just got a textbook example of how paranormal the AI can be.
I lined up a perfect 3 for 1. 2 headshots and the last one was a bit further so would go through his belly. I pull the trigger and get the slow motion. But yet, the second headshot is nowhere to be seen. When I get back to my scope I see the second guy crouched! So in the midst of a standard patrol, with nothing going on for days he suddenly decides to go from walking to crouch in 0.000000001 seconds... This really needs to be fixed!
Sentinarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:21 PM   #7
witekt

I've encountered all you mentioned here too on the highest level. Another thing... they sometimes hide behind a car with whole head visible. It is funny for first time, but for second, third and later you think this game is too easy. It reminds me of my children hiding behind the curtains .
witekt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:29 PM   #8
Darrknox

The community manager has stated this is the first level after the tutorial, and it's suppose to be somewhat simple.
Darrknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 01:59 PM   #9
alex0809

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrknox View Post
The community manager has stated this is the first level after the tutorial, and it's suppose to be somewhat simple.
Lol that sounds like a very bad excuse. As if they made the AI worse than in the full game here...
I was worried about this and it's a shame that this seems to be more or less true, I had the same impression. I don't remember the first SE so well, but I remember that the AI - even if it was maybe not technically that "good" - behaved how one should behave when someone is shooting at them, they first ran out of sight and then tried to surprise you which I found really awesome.
alex0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:28 PM   #10
BensonTito

Banned
I too was surprised at how they knew I was in that first room, it seemed a bit odd. I just walked down the stairs and all of a sudden there was a hail of bullets from hundreds of yards down the road...how did they see me?! I need to try it another time and see how it goes.
BensonTito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 02:31 PM   #11
RedReversed

Quote:
Originally Posted by BensonTito View Post
I too was surprised at how they knew I was in that first room, it seemed a bit odd. I just walked down the stairs and all of a sudden there was a hail of bullets from hundreds of yards down the road...how did they see me?! I need to try it another time and see how it goes.
Sometimes if you shot the guard before heading downstairs , they know youre there.
RedReversed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:00 PM   #12
MrPegiShixteen

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReversed View Post
Sometimes if you shot the guard before heading downstairs , they know youre there.
You can vault out of the lower window and instantly belly-crawl close enough to the guard lounging in the entranceway and pop him with the silenced pistol. I have done this.

But to then try and crawl across the road to the nearest safety there seems no way to do it because you just get fired upon. Unless someone has found a way of course but I doubt it as these guys need to be killed to move forward.

Stealth ideally should be available in the game I think, ie the choice to decide whether a situation can be avoided for the good of the missions level objective. Although to be fair who doesn't like blowing the nads off someone with a well appointed snipe.

Difficult one to manage I feel.
MrPegiShixteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:16 PM   #13
BensonTito

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPegiShixteen View Post
Stealth ideally should be available in the game I think, ie the choice to decide whether a situation can be avoided for the good of the missions level objective.
Agree completely, that's really what I was hoping for. I fear its getting a bit too close to a typical linear FPS :S

Bummer! :/
Old 04-28-2012, 03:57 PM   #14
Cipher-9

I am a little worried about this too... I have pre ordered already and love how the game looks. But the a.i. Has some issues... Being a sniper and trying to play stealthily is impossible if they spot you through a window Ina back room of a House on your belly. I want to take a shot and move to a new location and not be spotted. That's what a sniper is trying to do not get one shot and might as well throw down the sniper rifle, pull out the machine gun and go all Rambo on the rest of the level! I am hoping the final version has this ironed out better and the demo is just that.. A demo and a early tutorial area. A little less linear gameplay is another thing I'm looking forward to. Please don't let me down.
Cipher-9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 03:13 PM   #15
BensonTito

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedReversed View Post
I'll assume that wasn't sarcastic.

When I did it, I didn't shoot anyone before heading downstairs. As soon as I stepped off the stairs, the battle music started and I started hearing bullets :S Maybe I did do something wrong, or its just buggy at the moment, I will have to try again.

Last edited by BensonTito: 04-23-2012 at 03:17 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2