Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2

Old 04-21-2012, 08:41 AM   #1
édredon

Alt+Tab problem

Hi,

I am not posting in the bug report thread as the Alt+Tab problem is already present. I understand DirectX makes full-screen management tricky, and a lot of work as to be done by the developer himself, but is there any hope this issue will be fixed?

For an illustration purpose, here is my experience with the problem:
  • The first time I tried alt+tabbing, I got that black screen, an infinite sound loop and the game was hung.
  • I decided not to Alt+Tab. I played one hour, totally forgot about the issue and... damn, I got trapped.
  • I looked for help on the Web, and I decided to play in window/borderless mode. That solves the issue but it is not exactly the same as real full-screen. For instance, I wanted to change the gamma but I could not. I also had to disable some desktop utilities that impact desktop windows.
Old 04-21-2012, 09:58 PM   #2
Qrome

Most Source games tend to have this problem. Try pressing the Windows button on your keyboard instead, which should bring you to the desktop. By doing this, I can usually resume the game without any issues.
Qrome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:43 AM   #3
bottleHeD

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qrome View Post
Most Source games tend to have this problem. Try pressing the Windows button on your keyboard instead, which should bring you to the desktop.
Interesting, I'll try this next time.
bottleHeD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 07:24 PM   #4
stevethepocket

They added instant Alt+Tab switch to some of their games late last year (TF2: DoD:S, Garry's Mod I think), but they never bothered porting it over to the rest of them. Not even the newer ones. I suggest you use the feature suggestion option in Steam support (yes, it has a thing where you can recommend features/improvements in individual games) to recommend that they do this.
stevethepocket is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > H - L > Half-Life 2