Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super MNC

Old 04-23-2012, 03:40 PM   #1
Ickorus

The snowball effect

I've found in every single game I've played that there is a really bad snowball effect where when one team starts winning a little bit they're very soon winning a lot.

Just hoping that in the future we'll see some changes to address this issue and make the game a bit less predictable and a lot more fun.
Old 04-23-2012, 03:54 PM   #2
Gigoweal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ickorus View Post
I've found in every single game I've played that there is a really bad snowball effect where when one team starts winning a little bit they're very soon winning a lot.

Just hoping that in the future we'll see some changes to address this issue and make the game a bit less predictable and a lot more fun.
I agree. When the announcer starts with the hallucinating drug induced: "Start spawning more bots"

The is he talking about? $500 nets you a few bots that only 2 of them disable player abilities and bots don't stop players.

If a Team A is killing Team B consistently, aka Team Death Match, that team wins. The snowball effect comes into play: That is a single player can stop a whole lane and advance his lane by himself because the opposing team is dead and won't respawn at the same time.

Surprising people get mad when you tell them this is Team Death Match.

Last edited by Gigoweal: 04-23-2012 at 03:58 PM.
Gigoweal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:12 PM   #3
chaoztheory1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigoweal View Post
I agree. When the announcer starts with the hallucinating drug induced: "Start spawning more bots"

The is he talking about? $500 nets you a few bots that only 2 of them disable player abilities and bots don't stop players.

If a Team A is killing Team B consistently, aka Team Death Match, that team wins. The snowball effect comes into play: That is a single player can stop a whole lane and advance his lane by himself because the opposing team is dead and won't respawn at the same time.

Surprising people get mad when you tell them this is Team Death Match.
$500 nets you a Fuji, which can tank a lot of hits and take care of Shadys and Slims on it's own and two Scramblers which can disable enemy pro's abilities and let you kill them more easily.

Spawning bots is not for killing pros, though. It's to help push their bot waves back so that they can't take down Turret/the moneyball shield.

However, you can buy Bouncers for $1000 at the mid spawners. They're excellent at hurting pros.

The Blackjacks for $500 and Jackbots for $4000 aren't really worth it, imo.
chaoztheory1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:27 PM   #4
Genosidoh

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaoztheory1 View Post
The Blackjacks for $500 and Jackbots for $4000 aren't really worth it, imo.
Jackbots are nice against new players that don't know they can grapple it, stun it, pop juice and absolutely destroy it...

Have yet to see a Blackjack accomplish anything though.
Genosidoh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:19 PM   #5
AraxisHT

What it sounds like is happening, especially in Gigo's instance is that your teams are ignoring the annihilator. When the annihilator is activated by the opposing team, all your bots are destroyed and your team's pros take damage. In this instance it is in your best interest to buy as many bots as possible and to hold the enemy team off until your bots start spawning again and work their way down the map. The bots will stop the opposing team's bots when they meet. The opposing team can only attack turrets and moneyballs that the bots are already attacking.

This isn't deathmatch. If you play the game like deathmatch, you will lose. This game is objective based. You are only killing things to survive and to level up. Farm bots.

That said, there is a natural snowball effect that is inherent to this sort of game due to the fact that dying directly increases the power of the opposing team. The only solution is not to die.
AraxisHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 04:57 PM   #6
Ickorus

Quote:
Originally Posted by AraxisHT View Post
What it sounds like is happening, especially in Gigo's instance is that your teams are ignoring the annihilator. When the annihilator is activated by the opposing team, all your bots are destroyed and your team's pros take damage. In this instance it is in your best interest to buy as many bots as possible and to hold the enemy team off until your bots start spawning again and work their way down the map. The bots will stop the opposing team's bots when they meet. The opposing team can only attack turrets and moneyballs that the bots are already attacking.

This isn't deathmatch. If you play the game like deathmatch, you will lose. This game is objective based. You are only killing things to survive and to level up. Farm bots.

That said, there is a natural snowball effect that is inherent to this sort of game due to the fact that dying directly increases the power of the opposing team. The only solution is not to die.
The problem I'm finding is that even if my team is paying attention the snowball effect is already happening before the first annihilator and when the annihilator does become active if they're even remotely on the ball they'll be able to relatively easily fend off your team.
Ickorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:11 PM   #7
AraxisHT

Quote:
The problem I'm finding is that even if my team is paying attention the snowball effect is already happening before the first annihilator and when the annihilator does become active if they're even remotely on the ball they'll be able to relatively easily fend off your team.
In that case, be sure you don't die. Give up kills if it means you don't die. If you and your team do that, they won't be able to get that much of a leg up. In this situation it really is just a case of "Pro Tip: Be Good"

Also, don't forget to farm bots.
AraxisHT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 05:51 PM   #8
NuclearKangaroo

that doesnt always happens, killing bots actually gives you more money than killing players i think

the main thing you accomplish by killing players is deying them bot kills, like in most MOBAs
NuclearKangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #9
Rikety

Quote:

Funny how this was posted after they nerfed money gain from player-kills 'n streaks.
If you think this is bad, it used to be a lot worse.

Now, you can afford a few mistakes early on. If you keep your head cool and focus on bots you're able to catch up to a slightly higher leveled player.
Rikety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 03:23 AM   #10
uksimj

One annilator can turn around every match. Never quit. Never give up.
uksimj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 04:14 AM   #11
Ickorus

Another snowball issue is the jackbots that constantly spawn when both moneyball turrets are down, they pretty much end the game and your team has absolutely no way of fighting back because they decimate every bot wave so even if the match was very close before the turret went down you're screwed after it.

I mean I know other MOBA games have powerful creeps come when the turrets are down but they can be fought back fairly easily if you know what you're doing and they don't appear in anywhere near the same frequency.

Last edited by Ickorus: 04-24-2012 at 04:16 AM.
Ickorus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:45 AM   #12
NuclearKangaroo

Quote:
Another snowball issue is the jackbots that constantly spawn when both moneyball turrets are down, they pretty much end the game and your team has absolutely no way of fighting back because they decimate every bot wave so even if the match was very close before the turret went down you're screwed after it.

I mean I know other MOBA games have powerful creeps come when the turrets are down but they can be fought back fairly easily if you know what you're doing and they don't appear in anywhere near the same frequency.
thats why late game annihilators become so important, they are by far the best counter jackbots the enemy team buys
NuclearKangaroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 10:15 AM   #13
Gigoweal

I really liked the Assault class so I read up the Assault class guide available at the site(http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=43) and got to playing. I've been playing really great since and I think I'm getting the hang of this, tell me if I'm wrong:

*Leveling up fast is important at the beginning of the game. You do this by performing well, killing a lot bots & players. You deny the other team's chance at level up by controlling key areas patrolled by your bots and pushing them back.

*Annihilator switch IS A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME. Your team has to go for it.

*Kill the opposing team or push them back. Yes protecting your bots is good, protecting your turrets is more important but if your team can't manage to get kills or control areas don't expect to be able to even defend the bots.

*Lonewolfs please go play something else or if you are alone GET OUT OF THERE. Characters consist of leveling up, you can only 1vs1 anyone who isn't surrounded by bots or players....or if the partner beside him/her really suck.

Last edited by Gigoweal: 04-24-2012 at 10:19 AM.
Gigoweal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 05:23 PM   #14
MUDA MUDA MUDA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gigoweal View Post
I really liked the Assault class so I read up the Assault class guide available at the site(http://www.uberent.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=43) and got to playing. I've been playing really great since and I think I'm getting the hang of this, tell me if I'm wrong:

*Leveling up fast is important at the beginning of the game. You do this by performing well, killing a lot bots & players. You deny the other team's chance at level up by controlling key areas patrolled by your bots and pushing them back.

*Annihilator switch IS A VERY IMPORTANT PART OF THE GAME. Your team has to go for it.

*Kill the opposing team or push them back. Yes protecting your bots is good, protecting your turrets is more important but if your team can't manage to get kills or control areas don't expect to be able to even defend the bots.

*Lonewolfs please go play something else or if you are alone GET OUT OF THERE. Characters consist of leveling up, you can only 1vs1 anyone who isn't surrounded by bots or players....or if the partner beside him/her really suck.
On leveling. Correct. You will get demolished if you don't kill bots and keep your levels in line with your opponents. The key to keeping up with good players is to actually kill bots in both lanes. You don't need the killing blow in this game, just tag it before it dies and you get credit. Most maps have spots where the lanes come close together. Use that to your advantage and kill double the amount of bots and watch as you get an advantage that helps you kill more pros that gets you more of an advantage.

On annihilator. "have" to go for it is a bit extreme. You actually don't need it at all under the right conditions. Heres an example:

The enemy team moves most their players into the jungle at the 3:30 mark and starts to fortify the zone. You can spawn bots in both lanes at this point and push both lanes. They have no players on the field to defend so both their front turrets die. Your bots move forward. So you then get hit with the annihilator and just fall back to your front turrets, spawn more bots, defend the push and end up ahead with no turrets destroyed to 2 turrets destroyed.

Also it's never worth suiciding for the annihilator unless it will guarantee your team will get it.

On killing the team. You actually never need to kill a player to win, so long as you push lanes you can win without a single kill. Push bots first, when players get in your way damage them, if they put themselves out to far kill them. It's one long push.
MUDA MUDA MUDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 06:17 AM   #15
Edell

As said above, one annihilator can turn the odds in your favour.

Also, if Jackbots start spawning, try to coordinate a team effort to take them down before they reach your money ball. One Jackbot down = tons of cash and extra bonuses to grab that'll help. You usually need 2 or 3 graples to bring a Jackbot down.

Snowball effect only exists if your team doesn't know how to react accordingly.

However I agree, it's usually very difficult to have proper teamplay with random team mates.
Edell is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Super MNC