Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2

Old 04-25-2012, 07:11 AM   #1
RevolverAce

Bullet drop

Dont you guys think bullet drop is a bit to much. you have to adjust your aim for a target at 180 meters, while this gun could fire at 600 meters. even your thompson doesnt have that kind of bullet drop. This kinda leave me to believe there arent any real long range shots.
Old 04-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #2
SEV2Community

As part of our development of the game we consulted an expert military historian who had also worked on the first game. He told us that average sniping distances in urban warfare in the latter stages of WWII were between 130 and 250 metres. In the real world, there would be no bullet drop over these kind of distances. However, we have exaggerated the bullet drop as it's such an intrinsic part of gameplay, providing a challenge for players of all abilities, while creating an environment that is true to history.
SEV2Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:26 AM   #3
rAdIOhEaD

yes it is, the bullet drop is very aggressive and not realistic at all, I think they overdid it because they wanted people to feel realistic bullet drop in such small distances.
This has been brought up on the official forums, but there hasn't been any reply, maybe a mod can fix this in the future but there is no way you have to compensate this much with this rifles for such small distances.

The ultimate irony of all this is that, playing in a setting with "no bullet drop" might end up being more realistic than any "realistic bullet drop" setting this game has.

Last edited by rAdIOhEaD: 04-25-2012 at 07:29 AM.
rAdIOhEaD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:37 AM   #4
BowtomePhil

Quote:
Originally Posted by rAdIOhEaD View Post
yes it is, the bullet drop is very aggressive and not realistic at all, I think they overdid it because they wanted people to feel realistic bullet drop in such small distances.
This has been brought up on the official forums, but there hasn't been any reply, maybe a mod can fix this in the future but there is no way you have to compensate this much with this rifles for such small distances.

The ultimate irony of all this is that, playing in a setting with "no bullet drop" might end up being more realistic than any "realistic bullet drop" setting this game has.
Which is what people want to you can have it, so you can have no bullet drop(realistic) or bullet drop, which adds a bit of skill. SO we all win ......woooooh
BowtomePhil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:36 AM   #5
SEV2Community

And, ultimately, this is a sniping game rather than a sniping simulator. We have to balance realism with rewarding gameplay. No bullet drop would be 100% accurate, but not a lot of fun for what should be a challenging and interesting game.
SEV2Community is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 01:01 PM   #6
ferrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV2Community View Post
And, ultimately, this is a sniping game rather than a sniping simulator. We have to balance realism with rewarding gameplay. No bullet drop would be 100% accurate, but not a lot of fun for what should be a challenging and interesting game.

Quote:
Key features:
Sniping Simulation - Sniper Elite V2 features detailed sniping simulation with advanced ballistics, taking into account gravity, wind, velocity, bullet penetration, aim stability and more. Guaranteed to provide players with the most realistic simulation of military sharpshooting yet available.
http://store.steampowered.com/app/63380/
ferrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 03:23 PM   #7
Darrknox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrit View Post
Simulation=Simulator

lrn2English
Darrknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:17 PM   #8
Monolyth

Distance isn't everything.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W4xO0k9LcIU&hd=1
Monolyth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2012, 04:27 PM   #9
jimrad1

I can understand the need for game play, and being a long time Sniper Elite fan, I have to agree that the exaggerated bullet drop really takes away from the immersion. A lot of immersion was added for realism sake, so going the opposite direction with bullet drop doesnt make a lot of sense. I certainly dont want laser shots, but fairly realistic ballistics at range would of been welcome. I think to compensate for game play, the developers should of considered just making the shots longer, or harder to hit. Have the AI take more advantage of cover rather than partially cover themselves. This would of made up for game play without the addition of exaggerated bullet drop in my opinion. I know historically speaking engagements were of shorter range, but historically they also found better ways of seeking cover. Just my 2 centavos.
jimrad1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 04:24 AM   #10
ferrit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darrknox View Post
Simulation=Simulator

lrn2English
Troll or Thick?
ferrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2012, 06:05 AM   #11
Darrknox

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrit View Post
Troll or Thick?
lol, nice projecting
Darrknox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:57 PM   #12
Bad_Motha

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by SEV2Community View Post

The whole issue here though is not the bullet drop of the sniper rifles, but there is none with SMG or Pistol. Instead those two weapons types simply have a limited range instead. This is complete BS though because you could have AI standing 200m away and hit you dead on with an MP40. Yea OK!!!
Bad_Motha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:57 AM   #13
Inquisitioner

Leave the 100% realism to ArmA-series
Inquisitioner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 08:03 AM   #14
RevolverAce

Arma 2 doesnt have wind effects, well without mods.
RevolverAce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 11:09 AM   #15
Vasily Zaytsev

Bullet drop @ short range you should not get,u should be allowed to zero your scope as a setting, devs?
Vasily Zaytsev is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sniper Elite series > Sniper Elite V2