Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy

Old 05-03-2012, 11:29 AM   #1
ChillinHax3r

Post Possess

How do you deal with it? Personally it's one of the main reasons I toss points into hack like a crack addict uses crack, but it's sort of clunky and ineffective, sometimes the NPC will deny your orders and start to faff about, other times executing "Murder the guy in the general area of my pointer"-button ceases to answer my prayers. Think if instead you simply entered their being and controlled them, a hacker could actually just enter another NPC and do all the objectives like that, or get maimed by the PSI creature thingies, damn buggers and their lack of cyber brains. . .

Currently simply using hack is a more efficient solution, because NPCs are better at controlling themselves, and you can't do objectives without being there in person, or the markers don't show and you've only got a vague idea of their general area.

And essentially you're using the better of your points in hacking, so you can compensate for your small will- I mean stature and muscles.
Old 05-03-2012, 12:11 PM   #2
Lurkys302

It's really buggy to be honest, most time the enemy will start yelling like an idiot and it takes a bit before they attack

I really think that we should be able to control them fully, by being able to aim and move around at our will, after a while we could get disconected if we go too farther away from the signal from our cyber brain. Or we could have a 60 seconds time limit too.
Lurkys302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2012, 01:18 PM   #3
ChillinHax3r

Time limit would be a bit iffy, but the distance limit would be nice, especially since you can see signal strength, and distance top o' the screen. Another note, ability to suicide would also be useful.
ChillinHax3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 02:39 AM   #4
Streumon

Streum On Studio
We'd like to add a kind of resistance to the hacked NPC under your orders. That's why sometimes he seems to take a long time to obey.

A hacked NPC has been convinced that he's your ally, so the job is done. But in the case of a possessed NPC, you give him multiple orders, so each time he tries to resist these orders (more or less depending on the character).
Streumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 10:57 PM   #5
Lurkys302

Quote:
Originally Posted by Streumon View Post
We'd like to add a kind of resistance to the hacked NPC under your orders. That's why sometimes he seems to take a long time to obey.

A hacked NPC has been convinced that he's your ally, so the job is done. But in the case of a possessed NPC, you give him multiple orders, so each time he tries to resist these orders (more or less depending on the character).
I think that it should be made more obvious also why is the viewmodel so wierd?
Lurkys302 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 04:53 AM   #6
Streumon

Streum On Studio
Yes you're right.

It's because you don't see a view model.
It's probably a bit confusing but it's the way the Source Engine (and most of the engines) works.
Streumon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 11:24 PM   #7
Scheinfarben

Possess has a very distinct role in the life of a hacker.

For me as a puppet master, I have two uses for the ability, assassination and scouting.

A hacked NPC immediately goes berserk on whatever the nearest enemy target is. Sure, he may be more competent than you controlling him directly, but that's precisely the problem, you aren't controlling who he's shooting at. And hacked targets have the nasty habit of leading a few baddies back towards your quiet corner before being finished off.

When I possess an enemy, I want him to kill a specific target. In the perfect world, I want him to be able to move through the enemies unnoticed, find the leader, and shotgun him to death before anyone realizes what's happened.

For scouting ahead, you can hack someone and likewise run them through an enemy position before you try to attack it. You don't even have to use them to kill anyone at that point, you can simply reopen the hack menu and get to work.

I think that as it is, the power is unique and useful. Another tool in the hacker's kit.
Scheinfarben is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > E.Y.E: Divine Cybermancy