Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas

Old 05-04-2012, 06:05 AM   #1
mrmotinjo

Red face LOOK! It's a cool game! And it's 50% off! And you can't buy it!

A piece of constructive criticism, if I may.

I've said it a while ago, and I'll say it again- it's bad practice to show me, in big red letters, how there is this awesome game on sale, but if I click on that banner, I get redirected to the home screen.

If you possess the means to restrict games to certain regions, please also restrict the news and advertising related to those games. I do not want to see what I can't buy and play.

And yeah, the game in question is Batman: Arkham City. I've played Arkham Asylum, I played it and I loved it, and I wanted to get the sequel, but not only is it "not available in my region", I also get to see all the ads and news about it being on sale.
Old 05-04-2012, 06:09 AM   #2
PieceOfMind

Someone in another region could buy it for you and gift it.
PieceOfMind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:22 AM   #3
Edeslash

It's an absolutely minimal problem, if a problem at all. I can't believe it's making you so angry. I highly doubt Valve will do anything about it. They simply don't need to.
Edeslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 06:28 AM   #4
mrmotinjo

They already have fixed a similar issue where we'd get news about the unavailable games in the "News" section, but right now it's in the Spotlight on my Steam store page. It's pretty much the first thing I see when I open Steam (ok, the Sniper Elite V2 banner is the first one, but whatever), so I kinda had to rant about it :P

I know that I could get someone from another region to get it for me, but with the regional price differences involved, I'd rather not do that.

*edit* oh and also, nowhere in my post did I state that I was angry, or annoyed, I was trying to make constructive criticism and stated my opinion on the current situation.

Last edited by mrmotinjo: 05-04-2012 at 06:31 AM.
mrmotinjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 10:51 AM   #5
behy7ooo

Same thing here. Instead of motivating people to buy original games and keep to money flow, thus putting food on developers table, they do this. Well no wonder the games get pirated, what am I supposed to do now, if I cant buy my best sequel to the batman universe. I have the first one arkham asylum, but this is outrageous...
behy7ooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2012, 03:00 PM   #6
kirknetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmotinjo View Post
A piece of constructive criticism, if I may.

I've said it a while ago, and I'll say it again- it's bad practice to show me, in big red letters, how there is this awesome game on sale, but if I click on that banner, I get redirected to the home screen.

If you possess the means to restrict games to certain regions, please also restrict the news and advertising related to those games. I do not want to see what I can't buy and play.

And yeah, the game in question is Batman: Arkham City. I've played Arkham Asylum, I played it and I loved it, and I wanted to get the sequel, but not only is it "not available in my region", I also get to see all the ads and news about it being on sale.
Well there are workarounds to that, I've traded with a few people who want games that are not available in their region. It's a little inconvenient for your part to find someone to get it for you. But there are a lot of people who are willing to get you copies, myself included.
kirknetic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:48 AM   #7
Roxor

Oh, this annoyance again. I ran afoul of it during the last few big sales. Every time there was something massively discounted, but which was unavailable in Australia. Hell, during the December coupon giveaway, I ended up with a coupon for a game which was unavailable down here. I eventually managed to trade it with someone overseas, so it wasn't a complete waste, but I'd still rather not have had to deal with the inconvenience in the first place. If we can't buy it, we'd rather you didn't tell us about it.

Last edited by Roxor: 05-08-2012 at 07:52 AM.
Roxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:17 AM   #8
mspacapan

Banned
I'm happy to see all the sales if available or not in my region
mspacapan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 10:24 AM   #9
Cut

JUst live in the USA. Problem solved
Cut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 07:07 PM   #10
Roxor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cut View Post
JUst live in the USA. Problem solved
I am astonished by the level of arrogance contained in that one short post.
Roxor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 04:30 PM   #11
notdeadyet01

It uses GFWL.

Is GFWL allowed in your region
notdeadyet01 is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Suggestions / Ideas