Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series

Old 05-17-2012, 08:54 AM   #1
GreyMack

My First experience with a Hacker

There's been a lot of talk of cheaters and hackers recently and although i have often suspected some people I was never totally 100% certain, that is until last night..

I was on the =GWR= server (1000 tickets) sometime in the early evening with my mate on Caspian Border and it became apparent early on that our side we're getting a doing, so we both decided to do a bit of sniping, something I'm rubbish at but at least i wasn't getting killed every 20 seconds. Towards the end of the game my mate said checkout the guy top of the leader board and there was player called "mYwhOleSquad" and he was something like 65 for 8. Suddenly i noticed a lot of my team mates were querying was he a flier, the answer came back no he was infantry which made the score all the more impressive or dubious depending on your outlook.
There were quite a few calls for him to be kicked but i wasn't 100% sure he had been cheating I mean 65 for 8 is no definitive reason.

Onto game 2 and the guy is still playing. Within minutes it's obvious our team is struggling again and then he kills me. I'm at D on Caspian border the one on the hill above the forest I'd killed a couple and I'm standing near the stationary rocket launcher and he kills me.................with the repair tool. When I see the kill cam he is indeed repairing a tank but that's odd I thought I wasn't aware of a tank creeping up behind me, but maybe he was there I couldn't be sure.

By this time others on the server were calling him a cheat again but he was just laughing at them. So I re-spawn at D and he kills me again using an A91 and this time in the kill cam I see him standing at the tower at A....now I'm like wtf.

I re-spawn again this time at B - checkpoint and bang killed again this time with the repair tool and the kill cam shows him still at A. and his score is now 40 for 1.

So now there's like no question, so I start typing in that he's cheating while I'm in the deployment zone, bang I'm down again, repair tool again the kill cam shows him firing a machine gun like a demented bunny on the other side of the map.

So I type in that I'm not re-spawning and the guy is killing the game. Sadly the 31 players on his side say nothing because probably they're not bothered and they want to win, plenty of people on my side though are complaining and I typed we all should report him on battlelog, anyway finally I see a guy type in 'irules' then after a few seconds he types 'ivotekickmywholesquad' and the next thing he's gone. Now I'm not sure if it was because of all the threats of being reported or he was actually kicked, i think he ended up 56-1

I looked at his battlelog page and he has written on it ' if your reading this your just a cry baby' but there's no question he was hacking and was quite blatant about it so i clicked on report player or whatever it's called.

I really don't understand what people like that get out of it but it ruined the game and despite our sides best efforts we couldn't pull back the lead his cheats gave him and his side.

The answer of course is to leave the server where the cheat is but sometimes it's hard to do it feels like he's won.
Old 05-17-2012, 09:04 AM   #2
SmellyCoDFish

I have run into hackers on several occasions up until I quit playing BF3.

Hacks are rampant to spite what anyone says. Some are obvious but a lot more of them are very discreet about it. Its up to DICEA to fix this problem, but alas they don't even fix stuff like the M26 DART glitch in a timely fashion. Reporting known hackers does nothing and when DICEA does finally do something, its just a stats wipe and they continue on their marry way.

I think the game is doomed. So sad, it has so much potential. =(
SmellyCoDFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 09:05 AM   #3
cylon

They aren't a myth.

Most you can tell because they headshot 20 people in 4 seconds with a sniper rifle. The best one that i experienced was sitting in an anti-air vehicle (with active radar on it, so i know no-one was around) on Kharg Island by flag B!

I get hit by a helicopter, get out on the far side of the vehicle to repair it and get STABBED by someone standing ontop of the scaffolding by flag D. The killfeed was also full of ... [knife] ... ... [knife] ... ... [knife] ... ... [knife] ... on everybody :P
cylon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 10:12 AM   #4
ScopeCreep

Blatant cheaters like the kind Cylon mentioned are simply out to ruin the experience and troll. Its the ones that use their hacks conservatively and try to make their 4:1 KDR convincingly normal that are the most insidious. As for menbers of his own team simply going along with it...deep down they're no better.
ScopeCreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 12:51 PM   #5
Brain_Explodes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScopeCreep View Post
Blatant cheaters like the kind Cylon mentioned are simply out to ruin the experience and troll. Its the ones that use their hacks conservatively and try to make their 4:1 KDR convincingly normal that are the most insidious. As for menbers of his own team simply going along with it...deep down they're no better.
Not to side with the hacker but sometimes you don't really see when you're playing on the same team. If you're actively taking and defending flags, you're not really paying attention to what another squad is doing. You might feel the game is somehow really going your way, but you won't feel him hacking if you're not following and observing him. And when the game is really smooth, you usually don't read chat at all.
Brain_Explodes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2012, 08:05 PM   #6
ScopeCreep

OK, I'll admit I was simplifying things when I wrote that. But I have been on too many servers where the team with the hacker knew it and accused anyone calling the hacker out with "QQ more noob" insults. You do make a good point, though.
ScopeCreep is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Battlefield series