Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gotham City Impostors

Old 05-23-2012, 08:03 AM   #1
laffles

Banned
Performance with a gtx690..

So after not playing for a while and upgrading my card, though I'd give this a spin, after it taking over an hour to update GFWL.

Got into a game and still FPS can drop to low 40's on a £900 graphics card.

This game is unoptimized garbage. It's as simple as that
Old 05-23-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
StriderTR

1. The 690's drivers are far from mature. So you can expect performance issues in some games.

2. It's a dual GPU card, not all games scale the same, and some even scale down. Especially older games or older engines.

You can't place all the blame on the game. That next gen video card was not designed with DX9 or older engines in mind.

It could even be a configuration issue with your PC, or in the game. You should try tracking correcting the problem, or figure out whats causing it, instead of blaming the game itself. heh
StriderTR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #3
laffles

Banned
1. drivers have been perfect for every game I've played so far, inclusing several DX9 games

2. lets say the game was only recognizing 1gpu, this is still bad, 680 is more than enough for this game

3. see number one

It's the game.
laffles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2012, 07:34 PM   #4
Zikron

Unhappy

Noticed the game was patched today so I came back here to see if they fixed the optimization issues I have so I can get to play it. This thread has crushed some of my hope. Here to hoping the patch came out after this thread was created.

But yes Laffles, it is the game/devs. I love how the official forum patch notes only contains info the the PS3/360 versions kinda reaffirms what I thought.

Sorry to be so negative but I REALLY want to be able to play this game because it is awesome but I can't at least not with a steady frame rate on hardware that can run Skyrim/Battlefield on high settings.
Zikron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2012, 06:21 AM   #5
Sonikku

The change in graphics card does nothing for this game, since Gotham City Impostors needs a good CPU. The graphics card can be somewhat neglected compared to what CPU you need...
Sonikku is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 06:37 AM   #6
I R HAXSHOR!

i dont quite think so, my i5 2500k @ 4.2,1gb gtx 460, 8gb ram struggles on this game yet i get lots of fps drops yet i can play bf3 in a 64man server on med/ high and ill never drop below 50fps. itsan optimization issue not hardware
I R HAXSHOR! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 03:02 AM   #7
Tranceholic

am on 2x680s and I get over 120 fps on highest on a 120 mhz monitor 1080p

you should have went for basic 2x670s , but obviously you are trying to show to everyone that you got it you got it , well congrats .. now go bite it.
Tranceholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 07:51 PM   #8
Zikron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranceholic View Post
am on 2x680s and I get over 120 fps on highest on a 120 mhz monitor 1080p

you should have went for basic 2x670s , but obviously you are trying to show to everyone that you got it you got it , well congrats .. now go bite it.
Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to this thread, I assume no one in real life really cares about your computer so you thought you would get some love by insulting someone on some Steam forums.

The OP is right, the dev team in charge of the PC version of this game dropped the ball and has made it unplayable on a wide variety of machines. Which is sad because the game is a lot of fun but the terrible optimization has led to there being almost no one to play with.

This is the only FPS where I wish I had purchased it on the console where there is still a community and the game doesn't run like garbage.

I don't understand it, Monolith was behind this game and they made FEAR on the PC but had the console ports developed by Day 1 Studios. I assume they lost a lot of good engineers since then which has left the PC community with this mess. No surprise their next game is a console exclusive…
Zikron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:52 AM   #9
Tranceholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zikron View Post
Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to this thread, I assume no one in real life really cares about your computer so you thought you would get some love by insulting someone on some Steam forums.

The OP is right, the dev team in charge of the PC version of this game dropped the ball and has made it unplayable on a wide variety of machines. Which is sad because the game is a lot of fun but the terrible optimization has led to there being almost no one to play with.

This is the only FPS where I wish I had purchased it on the console where there is still a community and the game doesn't run like garbage.

I don't understand it, Monolith was behind this game and they made FEAR on the PC but had the console ports developed by Day 1 Studios. I assume they lost a lot of good engineers since then which has left the PC community with this mess. No surprise their next game is a console exclusive…

I guess no one cared about a thing you said ... congratulations you have consoles ...
Tranceholic is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > D - G > Gotham City Impostors