Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series

Old 07-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #1
SabreXT

T2 approved mods?

T2 will have mod support. It will also have anti-cheat systems.

With that said, I do wonder if mods that aren't cheats, like skins, or mods that are fairly balanced, like the T1 respec potion mod, will be classed as cheats.

I heard of people getting VAC banned for playing Dead Island with mods. Would a similar situation happen with T2 do you think?

I also heard of TF2 servers being "pure" servers, which deactivate mods automatically. I think it would be interesting the choose a character to be "pure" at character creation, so that way modded SP characters, and unmodded MP characters could be easily filtered.
Old 07-23-2012, 06:14 PM   #2
chairsgotoschoo

the devs support mods so you wont be vac banned plus this game wont have vac, i hope they do have the pure server things but as far as i know they havent said anything on that
chairsgotoschoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 02:08 AM   #3
ekidoca

Look at Dungeon defenders system, you have the "Ranked" server and the "Normal" server, the ranked you only play with the official maps, but you can lvl up to lvl 90 with the right map if you play on the mods server.
ekidoca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 05:22 AM   #4
Webbstre

Runic's "Anti-Cheat" measure is just to scan other players' characters to see if they've given themselves a stupid amount of skill, hit, magic or stat points. We don't know what else it will do, but it's not trying to create a pure cheat-free experience. They basically just want you to have fun, and if you want to play multiplayer to do it with people you trust.
Webbstre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:03 AM   #5
Flying Ace

glad to hear that they support mods, but also want to keep out cheaters

off-topic

will progress on a character be updated both on single player and multiplayer? like will you be able to use the same charactor do something in single player and when you play multiplayer start at that point? or do multiplayer games always start from the beginning and progress each game session with the same people?

same question for inventory will you be able to use your items and give them to different characters you have?
Flying Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2012, 08:30 AM   #6
chairsgotoschoo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flying Ace View Post
glad to hear that they support mods, but also want to keep out cheaters

off-topic

will progress on a character be updated both on single player and multiplayer? like will you be able to use the same charactor do something in single player and when you play multiplayer start at that point? or do multiplayer games always start from the beginning and progress each game session with the same people?

same question for inventory will you be able to use your items and give them to different characters you have?
i think there's is a chest you can put stuff in so those items carry from character to character and if i remember right in the beta your single player character could go online
chairsgotoschoo is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series