Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X-Blades

Old 05-09-2009, 03:08 AM   #1
mesaone

This game is...

running 4 gigs RAM, quad core 2.86gHz, PNY 9800gt NOT OVERCLOCKED! cuz I play dead space ya heard? LOL anyways, to continue, I run Vista 64 like alot of us not-so-experienced dudes, nHancer, and I have everything updated as of yesterday.

I don't care if nobody likes this game. I do, and so I post up. Until they re-release those genesis controllers with World Warrior in 'em, I will play this game.

Yeah anyway for some reason I can run HL2 on max everything, and this game slows (<30FPS in texture-heavy scenes, and when those trenchcoat guys come in, forget it. framerate drops to less than 12 on highest settings on the second level, but WOW does it look good)

I like this game.
With my card and current settings (nHancer thank you so much) medium texture settings (regretfully because this game looks amazing on full), and I forced VSYNC in my driver settings and kept AA and everything off.... Someone got a better idea on how to run this smoothly?

SO MY POINT IS: has anyone figured out the best way to run this without sacrificing framrate? It makes me mad that I can run Farcry2 and Crysis smoother than this game.

Last edited by mesaone: 05-09-2009 at 03:23 AM.
Old 05-23-2010, 02:21 PM   #2
dave75111

In Windows XP with a lower spec than you, the game runs perfectly for me maxed out at 1680x1050, it isn't a demanding game at all. Maybe it's a Vista 64 issue.
dave75111 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 05:11 PM   #3
Under Oath

Quote:
Originally Posted by dave75111 View Post
In Windows XP with a lower spec than you, the game runs perfectly for me maxed out at 1680x1050, it isn't a demanding game at all. Maybe it's a Vista 64 issue.
probably is. the reason i switched to win7 was cause of all the trouble vista game me
Under Oath is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > X-Blades