Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crash Time series

Old 09-01-2009, 06:40 PM   #1
Teriander

Looks Good!

Wow this game looks pretty cool. I never heard of it until just now and Im thinking about getting it. Does anyone have any feedback they can provide on it? Is Crash Time 2 the lastest of the Crash Time series? When did this game come out? Is it worth getting?
Old 09-01-2009, 08:15 PM   #2
Blackopunit2

Its Ok. I seem to go to it just to crash. The missions so far havent been too good. But it IS an arcade game so if you like arcade racing then go for it! The split screen works wonderfully also.
Blackopunit2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2009, 08:42 PM   #3
Teriander

Actually Im the opposite, I dont like arcade games, Im more of a simulator type guy myself. Oh well, Thanks for the reply though!
Teriander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2009, 11:22 PM   #4
shurcooL

I'm a simulator guy too. Live For Speed is one of my fav racing sims, whereas I despise the likes of NFS and such.

However, I gave this one a shot (downloaded the demo) and I was pleasantly surprised. It was pretty cool. The graphics are really nice, and it runs well unlike TDU.

The driving physics weren't all that bad either, overall. Although the game doesn't really accommodate slow driving... Even when pushing the gas pedal only slightly and driving at 60 km/hr, it'll stay in 1st gear at 7k rpm. I guess this can be somewhat fixed by using Manual instead of Auto transmission.

I must be the only person who enjoys a mix of fast and slow driving... I actually like to drive realistically and not crash into stuff. Quite the opposite of what the game was made for, I guess, haha. It was fun though.

P.S. I checked their site, and apparently Crash Time 3 is supposed to come out November 2009. o.O

Last edited by shurcooL: 09-03-2009 at 11:42 PM.
shurcooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2009, 10:27 AM   #5
633csi

I agree with ShurCool. Crash Time is about driving, and it takes place on the autobahn. The German title is something like Cobra 11 burning wheels 2. I'm sure they renamed it to Crash Frenzy2 to compete with Burnout, or sell it to Americans who can't drive... something like that lol

It's a very realistic type of driving game with intelligent traffic and a great damage model. The cars handle better than TDU and about the same as Live for Speed. There are a variety of cars to pick from such as vans, trucks, sports cars, japanese imports... you get the idea. I use a manual transmission with the G25 (and 3d vision) and its great for cruising at low speeds in any car, the nitro is set for the clutch pedal. Force Feedback also works for driving or crashing.

The split screen is awesome, it can be played similar to Live for Speed cruise. There is no time limit you can customize the options like traffic density. some find cruising boring others might enjoy it. Travel as a pack and merge onto the express way and blast around traffic... slow up and do it again... kinda like the real thing. PLayers can also use turn signals and hazards and choose from a variety of cars unlocked in single player. In the end Crash Time 2 is a solid $20 driving game with fun replay value, I would have gladly payed $40-60 just to have it.

Last edited by 633csi: 09-04-2009 at 10:33 AM.
Old 09-04-2009, 10:44 AM   #6
shurcooL

633csi, I agree with you too.

I've started liking it even better after spending some more time on the demo with my Logitech G25. With Manual gears, you are in much more control of the car in terms of what RPM your engine will be at (still not as good as LFS due to forced automatic clutch).

I am really impressed with the AI both of civilian cars and the special cars (racers/police/bad guys). It makes for some really fun chase scenes.

It's *MUCH* better than the highway driving in GTA San Andreas (I can't compare to GTA IV because I haven't played it yet unfortunately).

The physics are also excellent for an arcade game. The cars lean forward/back and left/right when doing turns very realistically. You can really tell that the big truck has tons of weight by the way it drives on the highway, as it leans a lot when making turns. It feels very realistic and gives you a better idea of which way it's turning/etc. In other words, it won't suddenly make an impossible move that you couldn't have expected, as if it weighted nothing.

The Force Feedback support, now that I think about, isn't bad at all either.

All in all, this is a pretty high quality product (I like the voices too, I don't know what you guys have against them lol), surprisingly, so I would recommend anyone interested in racing/driving games to check out the demo at least.

IMO it's much more enjoyable than Test Drive Unlimited, as the car physics there felt terrible and driving cars wasn't very fun at all. On the other hand, here the driving is very enjoyable and reminds me a lot of real life (especially with the G25 :P ).

The only thing I have against buying the full game is that the next version (Crash Time 3) is supposed to be released November of this year... I hope it'll be on Steam right away and not with a 1 year delay like this one.

Last edited by shurcooL: 09-04-2009 at 10:53 AM.
shurcooL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:12 PM   #7
nfspdf

The game

I like the game .It not like nfs but I was shocked when I saw this.Just a great game.Now if thy can make one for the USA that would be sweet .
Old 06-27-2010, 11:33 PM   #8
subyman

I really like this game. I'm a sim and arcade fan and this game happens to do both. The driving physics really are pretty good with the exception of the off road vehicles. I had a blast playing through the campaign. The dialog was very corny and funny. I'd say it is well worth it. I played Crash Time III and am considering picking up CTII.
subyman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > Crash Time series