Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Old 06-10-2009, 05:47 PM   #1
rocker25

Lightbulb Valve can do this in the meantime.

Yeah, we know the updates are coming, and while the majority of 360 players are very patient, we need something to pass the time.
I was thinking a map pack, since that won't really affect the RAM. So if they were to release a map pack, what maps/gamemodes should there be? Here's mine:

Pipeline
Goldrush
Sawmill
CTF_Well
Old 06-10-2009, 05:58 PM   #2
Helelos

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocker25 View Post
Yeah, we know the updates are coming, and while the majority of 360 players are very patient, we need something to pass the time.
I was thinking a map pack, since that won't really affect the RAM. So if they were to release a map pack, what maps/gamemodes should there be? Here's mine:

Pipeline
Goldrush
Sawmill
CTF_Well
Emails were already sent months ago asking this and no response. Also, they apparently fixed the RAM issue

They won't respond to emails about the 360 version, they're treating us like garbage at this point
Old 06-10-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
rocker25

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helelos View Post
Emails were already sent months ago asking this and no response. Also, they apparently fixed the RAM issue

They won't respond to emails about the 360 version, they're treating us like garbage at this point

1. I never said anything about sending an email, but if the need arises, i will.
2.Huh, thought the COD4 2 gb RAM thing was a pack of lies, but cool no more memory problems
3. Not responding to emails? Seriously, stop spit shining the pc players sentries Valve. WE EXIST.
rocker25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 08:33 PM   #4
fnalkhamis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Helelos View Post

There is no more RAM issues? where does did valve say that
Old 06-10-2009, 08:59 PM   #5
Helelos

Quote:
Originally Posted by fnalkhamis View Post
There is no more RAM issues? where does did valve say that
In the latest issue of UK OXM

"Team Fortress 2, still getting update. Valve took time out shoveling new features into the PC version of Team Fortress 2 to say it's still planning on an update for the 360 version, having worked out a way to fit it into the Xbox's memory limit. Being Valve, it didn't set a date. Boo."
Old 06-13-2009, 10:28 AM   #6
wits

Adding new maps would also you use up the RAM. There would have to be many new textures loaded up into it.
wits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 11:14 AM   #7
iexplode

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by wits View Post
Adding new maps would also you use up the RAM. There would have to be many new textures loaded up into it.
Yes, but not at the same time as the old ones. Do you even understand how RAM works in games?
iexplode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 07:35 PM   #8
CarlZalph

They could get a huge chunk of it from the HL2 maps + models.
We seriously don't need them.
CarlZalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:24 AM   #9
devilmyroy

Quote:

Pipeline
Goldrush
Sawmill
CTF_Well
OR we could get all of the maps considering we have to pay for them!
devilmyroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 01:25 AM   #10
ShoeMaster

OR we can modify the console and play hl2 maps as new maps.
ShoeMaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 08:47 AM   #11
MMXBL

Banned
Quote:
Why would you say the majority are patient. Xbox users dumped this game in mass in October 2007. Everyone I know dumped it after the first day, than after they claimed a patch to fix networking problems, they tried again and it was still a crap product.

There is nothing to be patient about, the game was not even close to being complete at release.

You pass the time by playing games that are completed at release.
MMXBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 05:30 PM   #12
rocker25

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMXBL View Post
Why would you say the majority are patient. Xbox users dumped this game in mass in October 2007.

I was talking about the people who still play the game.

Last edited by rocker25: 06-15-2009 at 05:29 PM.
rocker25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2009, 06:09 PM   #13
iexplode

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMXBL View Post
Why would you say the majority are patient. Xbox users dumped this game in mass in October 2007. Everyone I know dumped it after the first day, than after they claimed a patch to fix networking problems, they tried again and it was still a crap product.

There is nothing to be patient about, the game was not even close to being complete at release.

You pass the time by playing games that are completed at release.
Says Mr. -8 rep.
iexplode is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box