Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher, The

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 08-06-2009, 12:55 PM   This is the last staff post in this thread.   #1
KrisK

Valve
Lightbulb The Witcher: Director's Cut confusion.

People who owned the game prior to the Director's Cut's release on Steam will not automatically receive the DLC. These people will need to opt-in to it. You can add it to your Steam account through this link:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/20902/

Because it contains some controversial content that was not advertised at the time of purchase, we have made this addition optional.

People who purchased the game after July 31st, 2009 will automatically have the Director's Cut DLC integrated into their game, as the store page now reflects the changes.

If you are having difficulty adding the Director's Cut DLC to your account, please contact Steam Support.

Last edited by KrisK: 01-06-2010 at 05:02 PM.
Old 12-22-2010, 08:09 PM   #2
DuncanSalazar

My question is this: where can I go to access the extra material, like soundtrack, making of? It was supposed to be with the Director's Cut package, right?
Old 12-22-2010, 11:07 PM   #3
jon_infektion

Under steamapps>common they have their own separate folders
Old 02-13-2011, 04:18 AM   #4
darrenecm

Still confused.

That link at the top says I already own this. The thing is, there's been a patch version 1.5 for this game but when I'm ALT-TABBED out of the game and I hover my cursor over the Witcher minimised window icon on my taskbar, it shows I'm running version 1.4.5.1304.

Shouldn't Steam automatically handle all this patching nonsense?
Old 02-13-2011, 04:54 AM   #5
Mr.SwingKing

Quote:
Originally Posted by darrenecm View Post
I'm running version 1.4.5.1304.
Thats the newest. Patch v1.5 = 1.4.5.1304
Mr.SwingKing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2011, 10:35 AM   #6
Throstle

What is the controversial content that was not advertised? More blood? Naked people?
Throstle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2011, 07:25 PM   #7
Nintendog66

I believe the Director's Cut has the uncensored "sex" cards.

Last edited by Nintendog66: 05-08-2011 at 07:28 PM.
Nintendog66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2011, 08:43 PM   #8
Tr0yJ

What is the extra content please? It's a little confusing reading the Wiki about the page.

Is it just the cards? Or is it the cards & videos?
Tr0yJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2011, 11:51 AM   #9
Threesixtyci

It's mainly the Cards and the Dryad/Water Spirit texture.

And I may be confusing this with another game, but I think the finishing moves aren't fully shown in the regular US version. Think the zoom in cinematic that happen during instant kills, pans the head decapitation out of frame.
Threesixtyci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2011, 04:27 AM   #10
Whiplashr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SwingKing View Post
Thats the newest. Patch v1.5 = 1.4.5.1304
I have the retail version, but mine is 1.5.0.1304. Are the versions just different between retail and steam?
Whiplashr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 07:41 AM   #11
F4LL0UT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threesixtyci View Post
And I may be confusing this with another game, but I think the finishing moves aren't fully shown in the regular US version. Think the zoom in cinematic that happen during instant kills, pans the head decapitation out of frame.
You probably ARE confusing it with another game. There's no real "zoom in cinematics" during instant kills. These kills just happen without any special effects (in either version I have played). However, you may be right about the finishing moves being censored somehow.
F4LL0UT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 11:31 AM   #12
zabumafoo

Question Still can't find the game guide....

Thanks for the help finding the OST, but I still can't find a few things. According to the steam page "Multilingual game disc, D'jinni Adventure Editor, Two new adventures offering 5+ hours of gameplay, Official Soundtrack, Music Inspired by The Witcher album, Making-of videos, Official game guide, Map of The Witcher's world" should all be included. I can't find the map, manuel, or game guide anywhere. Am I just stupid or are they missing?
zabumafoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 06:49 PM   #13
Nevalla

Quote:
Originally Posted by zabumafoo View Post
Thanks for the help finding the OST, but I still can't find a few things. According to the steam page "Multilingual game disc, D'jinni Adventure Editor, Two new adventures offering 5+ hours of gameplay, Official Soundtrack, Music Inspired by The Witcher album, Making-of videos, Official game guide, Map of The Witcher's world" should all be included. I can't find the map, manuel, or game guide anywhere. Am I just stupid or are they missing?
I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who couldn't find the game guide! I can live without the videos and soundtrack, but I'd like to have the map and guides for reference if needed.
Nevalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 09:43 PM   #14
Satoru

The world map, game guide, manual are in the c:\program files\steam\steamapps\common\thewither enhanced edition\

World Map - Terraria.jpg
World Map.jpg
manual.pdf
WitcherEE Guide US.pdf

The movies are in the subdirectory
\Making of Movies

The OST is under the subdirectory
\soundtracks

To launch the Adventure Editor, go into Steam, Right click on "The Witcher" and select "Launch Adventure Editor". Alternatively you can click on "launcher.exe" in that directory and select the Adventure Editor in the menu.

------------

Note this is pretty common practice for a lot of 'extras' included in games. Just look in the common\<gamename> directory in the Steam directory. Right clicking the game generally shows extra programs like the Adventure Editor, or they can be installed separately in the "Tools" part of the Steam interface.

Last edited by Satoru: 11-27-2011 at 09:45 PM.
Satoru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 04:44 PM   #15
Nevalla

Thank you very much for the help!
Nevalla is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Witcher, The