Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-27-2009, 09:22 AM   #1
metaljonas
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
Can I get new weapons on 360?

I have TF 2 on 360. How do I get new weapons??? Like the Scouts sandman, and the Pyro's axe!
 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #2
rmbrasengan
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
I don't think 360 players can, heard it was for PC updates only. Correct me if I'm wrong.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:23 AM   #3
Relto
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Reputation: 123
Posts: 577
Buy it on the PC.

It's extremely unlikely that the 360 version will ever be updated.
Relto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #4
Nekomancer
 
 
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Reputation: 3002
Posts: 16,420
Quote:
Originally Posted by metaljonas View Post
I have TF 2 on 360. How do I get new weapons??? Like the Scouts sandman, and the Pyro's axe!
You can't. There are no class updates for Xbox360, yet. Valve is working on them, but it will take a while (more like forever).

So, for now it's PC exclusive.
Nekomancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 09:30 AM   #5
jon_hill987
 
Banned
Join Date: Feb 2009
Reputation: 15
Posts: 778
Basically you can't use the new weapons because Microsoft are greedy [illegitimate children] and refused to let Valve give the TF2 updates for free to XBox users even though Valve didn't want to charge.
jon_hill987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:32 PM   #6
MMXBL
 
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2007
Reputation: 44
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by jon_hill987 View Post
Basically you can't use the new weapons because Microsoft are greedy [illegitimate children] and refused to let Valve give the TF2 updates for free to XBox users even though Valve didn't want to charge.
The above should be rewritten to....

Basically you can't use the new weapons because Valve was greedy and F'd up, they released a pre-beta game to retail with no practical way to update it post-release either on the PS3 or Xbox 360.
MMXBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 12:52 PM   #7
Phydeaux
 
Guest
Posts: n/a
If this is pre-Beta, it's damn fine quality for it.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:08 PM   #8
MMXBL
 
Banned
Join Date: Oct 2007
Reputation: 44
Posts: 1,558
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phydeaux View Post
If this is pre-Beta, it's damn fine quality for it.
I would say near final graphics overall pre-beta game code. Or the alternative is everyone put the game down days after release because it sucked. Most of my friends refuse to play after the first day until the netcode was fix, 2 years later and you can still hear the crickets from Valve's PR.
MMXBL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 01:13 PM   #9
Tedthecomando
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Reputation: 1
Posts: 97
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMXBL View Post
The above should be rewritten to....

Basically you can't use the new weapons because Valve was greedy and F'd up, they released a pre-beta game to retail with no practical way to update it post-release either on the PS3 or Xbox 360.
sounds about right
Tedthecomando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:02 PM   #10
rocker25
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Reputation: 393
Posts: 3,227
You must be living under a rock if you don't know the answer. AND I'M BAAAAAAAACCCKKKKKK
rocker25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 02:59 PM   #11
skunkslayer
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Reputation: 0
Posts: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by Relto View Post
Buy it on the PC.

It's extremely unlikely that the 360 version will ever be updated.
19.99 on steam right now. I installed but but have yet to find the time to play it.
skunkslayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > The Orange Box


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:17 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Site Content Copyright Valve Corporation 1998-2014, All Rights Reserved.