Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead

Old 09-25-2009, 07:52 AM   #16
Azul_Lycan

Quote:
Originally Posted by EinsamFechter 1 View Post
I also play on the 360, in fact my gamertag is also my forum name. I use the rep and the complaint system on people. I issue bad rep if they do something like this. I also issue complaints against cheaters. I just also like to take the grief back to the griefers. So I will wait them out and make sure they either rage quit or die on the level they decided to hide somewhere and call votes to return to the lobby. I have also been known to gun down griefers that like to team kill. When they start to shoot me i will avoid their shots and then go ahead with mowing them down. I am like an anti-griefer. if I see a griefer on the opposing team, I target them when playing as SI. I have a special place in my sights for griefers and I can almost bet that most of my bad rep is from griefers that I turned the tables on.
I don't normally give bad reps to people who grief or cheat unless they are constantly doing it, I give people two chances, if both are blown I'll do it and kill them myself, however I HATE people who are being destroyed in the 1st chapter and want to return to the lobby and then kick the entire opposite team then act all high and mighty, that really is unfair... but I digress there are a lot of griefers lately from what I can tell.

Side note: add me if you want, GT is the same as my forum one without the underscore.
Old 09-25-2009, 08:11 AM   #17
Mattf121

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aelok View Post
I'm fine with them making hero closets null in versus mode, which is actually a good idea, but they should have gone the extra step and made these closets unspawnable inside, and/or make it so the infected's ghosts can't wander inside to spawn.

Camping is a problem in versus, so them intending to remove that aspect is a good idea, they should have just thought it through a little better...

Apparently the PC version isn't quite like this?
PC version not updated yet so we'll see...

I'm glad that they've made the closet doors indestructible, but they need to block infected spawns in there too, otherwise I can see all sorts of problems that can arise from this.
Mattf121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:12 AM   #18
PrincessPeach

Banned
I think they should add a timer that if survivors are in one place too long, Special Infected get instant respawn.
PrincessPeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 08:35 AM   #19
ForbidAn

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessPeach View Post
I think they should add a timer that if survivors are in one place too long, Special Infected get instant respawn.
Been suggested before, and it could work, But...it's kinda helps out rushing and most people are trying to come up with ideas to prevent that.
ForbidAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:28 AM   #20
Aelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForbidAn View Post
Been suggested before, and it could work, But...it's kinda helps out rushing and most people are trying to come up with ideas to prevent that.
The timer on instant respawn for staying in one place too long could be tweaked to never come into play unless the survivors are just camping.

Anti Camping idea:
If a survivor stay in Section A for 2 minutes, the infected get half respawn timers and 2x more frequent CI hordes. If survivors stay in triggered area for 5 minutes, infected get instant respawn and constant CI horde. If survivors stay in triggered area for 10 minutes, the infected get back to back tank spawns. If all living and unincapped survivors proceed 1 section ahead, the spawns return to normal.

Anti Rushing idea:
If a survivor passes through X amount of sections within Y amount of time, infected get instant respawn and CI horde size exponentially increases with each section added to the rush detection formula. With each section added to the rush formula, survivors will get exponentially less items to find throughout the chapter. If survivors manage to rush a large number of sections, they will not get a complimentary tank spawn at their end safe room. The formula is based off the lead survivor, so you can't leave 1 guy idle or incapped and rush the map.
Aelok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:36 AM   #21
E0GH4N

Quote:
The formula is based off the lead survivor, so you can't leave 1 guy idle or incapped and rush the map.
But then 1 guy can grief by rushing ahead... Rushing is hard to fix O_O

EDIT: Then rusher guy will get owned by ending tank if the infected are smart and leave him, and the rest of the team get owned by the insta-spawn SI. Practically their only chance would be to camp, which would just put them deeper in the crap.
E0GH4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:47 AM   #22
Aelok

Quote:
Originally Posted by E0GH4N View Post
But then 1 guy can grief by rushing ahead... Rushing is hard to fix O_O

EDIT: Then rusher guy will get owned by ending tank if the infected are smart and leave him, and the rest of the team get owned by the insta-spawn SI. Practically their only chance would be to camp, which would just put them deeper in the crap.
If a guy runs off ahead, kick him.
The formula only activates after an amount of areas have been skipped very quickly, and hopefully an aware team will realize they have a griefer and kick him. Besides, the hordes of CI will cause 1 rusher to come to a stop via incapping him, which should reset the "rush coding" back to normal.

A griefer any other way would just grab an auto shotty, blast the team's health away, then jump off a ledge. I really don't see much of a difference in the end, except a rush griefer could be kicked rather quickly.

The tank at the end is only meant to come into play if the survivors rush ~40-60% of the map, so I highly doubt 1 rush griefer could cause a bonus tank at the end before the rest of the team realizes hes a .

Keep in mind L4D2 will have rolling crescendos, so there is literally nothing in the maps anymore to cause the survivors to come to a hault, there NEEDS to be something like this or L4D2 will be worse than L4D1.

Last edited by Aelok: 09-25-2009 at 11:50 AM.
Old 09-25-2009, 11:50 AM   #23
E0GH4N

Sorry, I think up too many complex scenarios and then say them without thinking. lol.
You beat me though. Congrats! XD
E0GH4N is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 11:54 AM   #24
Aelok

Well I guess a griefer could cause a tank at the end on certain maps like No Mercy 1, because the entire apartments are skippable.
Then again, areas like that hopefully won't come into play in L4D2. Skipping an area should be a decision of risk vs reward, and not rushing through it as fast as possible so you can be the infected again.

This is the X360 forum, so I don't really know why i'm making suggestions at all, considering Valve's track record with X360 ports, the odds of them seeing this are sadly miniscule.
Old 09-25-2009, 12:53 PM   #25
ForbidAn

Quote:
The timer on instant respawn for staying in one place too long could be tweaked to never come into play unless the survivors are just camping.

Anti Camping idea:
If a survivor stay in Section A for 2 minutes, the infected get half respawn timers and 2x more frequent CI hordes. If survivors stay in triggered area for 5 minutes, infected get instant respawn and constant CI horde. If survivors stay in triggered area for 10 minutes, the infected get back to back tank spawns. If all living and unincapped survivors proceed 1 section ahead, the spawns return to normal.

Anti Rushing idea:
If a survivor passes through X amount of sections within Y amount of time, infected get instant respawn and CI horde size exponentially increases with each section added to the rush detection formula. With each section added to the rush formula, survivors will get exponentially less items to find throughout the chapter. If survivors manage to rush a large number of sections, they will not get a complimentary tank spawn at their end safe room. The formula is based off the lead survivor, so you can't leave 1 guy idle or incapped and rush the map.
But what is to determine if they are camping/rushing or not? Them standing still for too long? They could just run around in a single room for the whole time. Staying in one section for too long? They could just run to section 2 then turn and dash back to section 1. You shouldn't punish someone because their playing style is that of something slower. There needs to be a player controlled, kill able source of counter. Aka a SI or UCI.

Rushing is pretty much the same. You shouldn't punish someone for a certain play style, just give some form of counter. That's why L4D1 REALLY needs the Spitter. She counters BOTH! D:
ForbidAn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2009, 01:05 PM   #26
Aelok

Sections would be something like Blood Harvest 1's camp site start area up to the bridge, the bridge up to the overhanging building, and then the rest of that chapter. 3 sections total here. So it wouldn't work off of them standing still, thats just much too easy to counter.

As you progress to a new section, it would become linked with previous sections, so if you move between two sections (one new area and the place you just came from), the game would see this as still staying in 1 large section, still activating the anti camping coding, after the time has passed. With each new section to come to, the anti-camping timer resets, then that new section becomes part of the "already reached" section that grows as you progress through the map.
This way you have to keep progressing through the chapter to keep resetting the timer. Of course the timer should be very leisurely as to not effect gameplay mentality. It would ruin the game if the survivors were constantly thinking "hurry, we only have a few minutes left to get to the next area or we get hordes and faster SI!"

The exact amount of time to activate the coding would need tweaked for slow travelers to be differentiated from campers, maybe even custom made for certain larger areas, but you get the idea.
It's a problem if the coding goes off when it shouldn't, because of back tracking for a med pack or exploring every room of a large section, but it's not a problem if the coding takes a few more minutes to activate when survivors are actually camping, since time isn't really a factor anymore in that situation.

This sort of makes sense too. At the menu screen you can hear gunfire but see no survivors, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to assume the infected would eventually wander their way to where they last heard the gunfire, explaining why more CI and SI appear if you stay in an area for too long, instead of leaving them behind. Then again this is a zombie apocalypse, reason doesn't have to be perfect, or even present sometimes.

Last edited by Aelok: 09-25-2009 at 01:07 PM.

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Xbox 360 & Playstation 3 Game Discussions > Left 4 Dead