Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sacraboar

Old 10-31-2009, 11:17 AM   #1
avorntur

Bug thread

Since there isn't a general bug thread yet I though I'd start one

2 bugs I found:
  • On first starting the game the mouse cursor is invisible, but you can press on buttons, by going to options, control options and disabling "Use System Cursor" you get a visible cursor.
  • With a multiple monitor setup the game does not capture mouse movements (IE when trying to move the camera to the left my mouse ends up at the left monitor instead).
Old 10-31-2009, 11:30 AM   #2
Holgmo

Makivision Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by avorntur View Post
Since there isn't a general bug thread yet I though I'd start one
Good idea. Thanks!

Quote:
On first starting the game the mouse cursor is invisible
This happens in rare occasions on some Nvidia cards. The easiest way to solve this is to press
"CRTL + BACKSPACE"
in the Main Menu. This toggles the mouse cursor from system cursor to ingame cursor.

The ingame cursor might be less responsive than the system cursor. Try changing it back when you apply new drivers from Nvidia because this is driver related. Hopefully the problem is solved in the next version of the drivers.

Quote:
With a multiple monitor setup the game does not capture mouse movements (IE when trying to move the camera to the left my mouse ends up at the left monitor instead).
We have no solution for this at the moment. A kind of workaround is to move the camera with keys. Standard is WSAD and arrows but you can change the configuration in the options.
Holgmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:29 PM   #3
avorntur

Quote:
Originally Posted by Holgmo View Post
This happens in rare occasions on some Nvidia cards.
I'm using a Ati HD3870, so maybe that gives you further understanding of the problem. Got the 9.10 drivers.

Using the arrow keys to move works good indeed
avorntur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2009, 12:53 PM   #4
Holgmo

Makivision Games
Thanks! Very helpful information!
Old 11-01-2009, 06:46 AM   #5
NobleKale

Game has crashed to desktop twice when attempting to run a game on the first Tower Challenge.

No error message, no memory hang-on, game just quits out.

Running on:
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual
Core Processor 3800+
2.01GHz, 1.00 GB Ram

Graphics card:
NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GT

Quote:
Quote:
With a multiple monitor setup the game does not capture mouse movements (IE when trying to move the camera to the left my mouse ends up at the left monitor instead).

We have no solution for this at the moment. A kind of workaround is to move the camera with keys. Standard is WSAD and arrows but you can change the configuration in the options.
This one is also occuring for me.

EDIT: Make that 4 times. Looks like tower mode is definately fscked here. Pretty disappointing, as the rest of the game is actually quite a bit boring so far.

Last edited by NobleKale: 11-01-2009 at 06:50 AM. Reason: Update.
Old 11-01-2009, 07:22 AM   #6
Holgmo

Makivision Games
Quote:
Originally Posted by NobleKale View Post
Looks like tower mode is definately fscked here.
Bug found and fixed. Will be corrected with the next update (tomorrow or Tuesday). Thanks for the info.
Old 11-01-2009, 10:27 AM   #7
NobleKale

Quote:
Bug found and fixed. Will be corrected with the next update (tomorrow or Tuesday). Thanks for the info.
Looking forward to trying it out.

Pity if it doesn't make it tomorrow (which is now today) - it's a four day weekend here, and I was vaguely planing this as my entertainment.
Old 11-02-2009, 07:05 AM   #8
Alucardy

hello
i am running the game at 1280x1024 resolution, but it's like the game actually is a bit bigger than that. in fact i can't see completely the minimap and the unit table (just a little slice). also when i move the cursors above the units on the third column i can't see their cost(always because it's out of the screen).
Alucardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 10:04 AM   #9
Holgmo

Makivision Games
Thanks for the feedback. I put that bug on the to-do list.
Old 11-02-2009, 10:26 AM   #10
Alucardy

i am a bit desperate. running win7 64bit to use my 4gbs of ram has been the worst choice since ever. from driver to software, nothing is supported. now i managed to get audio working, but on some fullscreen games i get distorted unbearable sounds.
king's bounty and sacraboar.
premise that it's an audio issue and not your game's fault, have you got any clue of what i should look for?becuase other games, such as nation red or atomic tank, work fine. and all windowed games work well too.
Alucardy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2009, 12:04 PM   #11
Holgmo

Makivision Games
Sacraboar uses OpenAL. Not sure about King's Bounty though. Maybe you could re-install OpenAL?
Send me the dxdiag-file of your machine. I will have a look. Maybe I can give you some hints.

Please send the file to
support (at) makivision (dot) com.
Old 11-07-2009, 07:44 AM   #12
NobleKale

Quote:
This now seems fine on my end. Thanks
Old 11-07-2009, 05:07 PM   #13
impoc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alucardy View Post
i am a bit desperate. running win7 64bit to use my 4gbs of ram has been the worst choice since ever. from driver to software, nothing is supported. now i managed to get audio working, but on some fullscreen games i get distorted unbearable sounds.
king's bounty and sacraboar.
premise that it's an audio issue and not your game's fault, have you got any clue of what i should look for?becuase other games, such as nation red or atomic tank, work fine. and all windowed games work well too.
I have Win7 64bit as well, I haven't had the problem with this game, but I have Borderlands and Dragon Age and I get distorted sounds every so often when I'm playing them, I can only assume its the sound card drivers, I have Creative Sound Blaster Audigy 2 ZS and before I installed Win7, the update manager said there might be a problem with compatibility, the only drivers from Creative are Beta drivers so I can only assume that thats the problem
impoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2010, 11:42 PM   #14
Nypyren

To the developers: You can fix the "mouse exits screen" on multiple-monitor systems by using the ClipCursor Win32 API call.
Nypyren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2010, 11:07 AM   #15
Broo2

In regards to the comment on no Mouse cursor not visible comment: "This happens in rare occasions on some Nvidia cards"

It is doing the same thing on my ATI HD5850. Also having the multi-monitor issue.

Win 7 x64
i7 860 w/ P55 MoBo
ATI 5870
Dual monitors

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > Sacraboar