Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vigil: Blood Bitterness

Old 06-29-2007, 06:49 PM   #1
JeffM4

Meridian4
Exclamation VIGIL: Blood Bitterness FAQ

USEFUL LINKS:
Game Page
Demo
Trailer
Purchase
Additional Info
Game Guide

WHAT IS VIGIL: BLOOD BITTERNESS?
Vigil: Blood Bitterness plunges the player into the dark and disturbing story of an ancient civilization that is being destroyed by Evil. Ritualistic killing and blood lust blur the line between your own kind and the evil you seek to annihilate.

Your ultimate goal is to free yourself from this tormenting place and understand the origin and the purpose of this uncanny Evil. An Evil that annihilates all in its path, it has no shape but seems to follow a precise scheme, drowning everything under a black essence; it is impossible to stop or even to slow down. Since its birth, the universe is slowly disappearing.

Engrossing cut scenes bring you every brutal detail as the gothic sci-fi story unfolds and plunges you into confusion. The chilling music, menacing characters and stylized black and white presentation draw you deeper into this gruesome, episodic 3D adventure game.

Before you embark on your quest remember this, Vigil: Blood Bitterness is not made of a series of puzzles to solve rather the entire game is a puzzle. What you do in one area of the palace may have an effect on a seemingly unrelated area of the game.

(The second episode is already in production and will continue to raise the quality of this experience.)

Features:
• Easy point-and-click playability
• Engrossing story with deeply disturbed complex characters
• 3D graphics with revolutionary black and white art with dynamic camera angles
• Challenging puzzles to solve
• Compelling pre-rendered cut scenes with voice acting
• Clues in text, picture, and video form
• Game saves and multiple player profiles
• Subtitled cut scenes

WHAT ARE THE SYSTEM REQUIREMENTS?
Windows XP/2000
1.2 GHz Processor
256 MB RAM
128 MB DirectX compatible 3D graphics card
DirectX compatible sound card
DirectX 9.0
255 MB of available Hard Disk Space

WHAT ARE THE CONTROLS?
Movement
Left-click anywhere in the area to move. Red smoke will appear to show you that the movement order has been taken into account.

For better control ensure that you click on the ground.

Interaction
Right-clicking will open doors or secret passages, and will allow you to pray.

Pause Menu
While in-game, press the Escape key to display the ‘Clues Menu’. Click the ‘Clues’ button to access the gallery. At times, it will be impossible to enter the ‘Clues Menu’. In this case, a white icon with a black cross will appear in the upper left corner of the screen.

In the gallery, you can watch videos, read documents, review some of your monologues or listen to the sounds you have unlocked. You can also write notes in the ‘Notes’ section.

The ‘Notes’ section is saved between games. To access a level’s other gallery elements you must have finished the level in that particular game.

Pay attention! Clues are distributed in all the elements of the gallery...

IS THERE A GAME WALK THROUGH?
You can find a complete Vigil: Blood Bitterness walk through that provides hints and solutions here.

WHERE CAN I GET SUPPORT FOR THIS GAME?
If you are experiencing problems with Vigil: Blood Bitterness you should contact Meridian4 support.

If you are having a problem with your Vigil: Blood Bitterness order or your Steam account from which you purchased the game, please contact Steam Support.

We would like to thank you for your interest in Vigil: Blood Bitterness.

Enjoy the game!
Old 07-09-2009, 08:48 AM   #2
DeadMan88

Quote:
The second episode is already in production and will continue to raise the quality of this experience.
so does this still hold true, or is this truly the end of the bitterness? had fun with the game, despite all the bugs, ending was a bit weak though. would really like to see another episode though, maybe involving one of the brothers.
DeadMan88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2009, 09:38 AM   #3
Impreza `

Thumbs down

I like how one of the features is "subtitled cutscenes" but the cutscences don't even work. Basically, if they don't work, there is no way the story can be told. I ran around Act 1 randomly not knowing what the heck I was supposed to do until I randomly right-clicked on one of the circles in the floor that allowed me to move on.

Vigil has my award for "Most Interesting Game that doesn't Work".
Old 08-28-2009, 11:22 PM   #4
culmor30

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadMan88 View Post
so does this still hold true, or is this truly the end of the bitterness? had fun with the game, despite all the bugs, ending was a bit weak though. would really like to see another episode though, maybe involving one of the brothers.
Also, will this second episode be a free addition to the game?
culmor30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2010, 09:17 AM   #5
CrazyTerabyte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Impreza ` View Post
I like how one of the features is "subtitled cutscenes" but the cutscences don't even work. Basically, if they don't work, there is no way the story can be told. I ran around Act 1 randomly not knowing what the heck I was supposed to do until I randomly right-clicked on one of the circles in the floor that allowed me to move on.

Vigil has my award for "Most Interesting Game that doesn't Work".
I completely agree. But at least people on another thread found an workaround for playing the videos: go to windowed mode by pressing Alt+Enter.
CrazyTerabyte is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Vigil: Blood Bitterness