Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips

Click here to go to the first staff post in this thread.  
Old 01-26-2010, 03:39 PM   #1
1stStone

support.steampowered.com - Support not working

The support for valve is not working for me. I click support and go the screen for verify email ect. I ask it to send it so I can verify. It NEVER does so I keep getting back to that same screen from ANY support button. So you never get my emails about my REAL issue.

I have been trying to contact you for two weeks. So far I have sent you at least 8 emails that are never answered. Just yesterday I got your email at suppport.valve.com or somesuch email for you. I get this back.

"Thank you for contacting Valve.

Your message has been received, however, due to the sheer volume of email we get on a daily basis we may not be able to personally respond to your inquiry.

If you are looking for information about Valve products, check out our website at http://www.steampowered.com

For support information go to http://support.steampowered.com

-VALVe"

With your email NOT being sent to me and with your support stuck until I reply to that coming email how in heck am I supposed to contact you for support?

By the way my original prob was (overlay not loading) which lead me to uninstall (since you never the F asnwered me in my emails!) which now leads me to a dup CD or at least one that has been used. OF COURSE it was used! BY ME!. SO.

GIVE ME MY GAME BACK! AND YES I HAVE SENT YOU THE PIC IN JPG FORMAT SHOWING THE MANAUL BACK AND THE CD KEY. You just never answer your Flying mail.

Old 01-26-2010, 03:47 PM   #2
damaged

Use the ticket system, the replies can be read over your browser.
damaged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 06:52 PM   #3
1stStone

Thats a cery good suggestion. To use the support system. If it would only work for me.

As I stated above, I cannot use the help system. See the little "sent" in the last part of that next paragraph? IT FAILS to send that email. It fails to resend it as well. So very time I TRY to get help thru the system I am stuck right here at this screen. Do you understand now? The system has to send me an email to verify my email address. Its already BEEN activated as well by the way! The system just does not recog that. Let me post my email about that as well so you do not misunderstand my prob.

Steam SupportHome You're Almost Done
Please confirm your account by following the instructions in your welcome email. If you have not received the welcome email you can have it "resent".

Last edited by 1stStone: 01-26-2010 at 06:55 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 06:57 PM   #4
1stStone

So you see I HAVE activated it thru the support system. When I try to access the support button I still get that "send" message contained in first post

Your Steam account: Email address verificationMonday, January 25, 2010 6:38 PM
From: "Steam Support" <support@steampowered.com>Add sender to ContactsTo: xxxxxxxxxxxxx (my email here)

Dear 1ststone,

In order to help maintain the security of your Steam account, please verify your email address by clicking the following link: http://www.steamcommunity.com/action...085_-xxxxxxxxx.

Your email address will be used to assist you in changing your Steam account credentials or regaining access to your Steam account, should you ever need help with those things.

Thanks for helping us maintain the security of your account.

The Steam Support Team
http://www.steampowered.com

This notification has been sent to the email address associated with your Steam account.
For information on Valve's privacy policy, visit http://www.valvesoftware.com/privacy.htm.
This email message was auto-generated. Please do not respond.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
© Valve Corporation. All rights reserved. All trademarks are property of their respective owners in the US and other
countries.

Last edited by 1stStone: 01-26-2010 at 07:00 PM.
Old 01-26-2010, 07:03 PM   #5
1stStone

Damaged

when I try your link I still get this message with same prob. TY for trying to help, Brother!

You're Almost Done
Please confirm your account by following the instructions in your welcome email. If you have not received the welcome email you can have it resent.

Contacting Steam Billing and Support
Old 01-27-2010, 02:38 PM   #6
1stStone

Still needing help here, Admin.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:40 PM   #7
damaged

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1stStone View Post
Still needing help here, Admin.
Have you tried a different browser? And if you don't get the emails, then use a different email address.
Old 01-27-2010, 05:25 PM   #8
1stStone

Since emails and CD keys are associated with steam accounts that is not possible. Thats why they are asking for confimation of correct email before allowing support..
Old 01-27-2010, 05:26 PM   #9
damaged

Quote:
Since emails and CD keys are associated with steam accounts that is not possible. Thats why they are asking for confimation of correct email before allowing support..
Check SPAM folders, etc, otherwise contact your email provider, it has to be a problem with them.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:48 PM   #10
1stStone

damage
I did check spam folders, of course. Its just some screw up far as I can see, brother. As shown above my email is already id'ed thru their own process.

Thats not a bad idea on the check with my email suppier. I am doing that now. Will report on the outcome.

Again, ty for your help.

I am hoping this post sinks to the bottom of the very large pile already here; from other probs. I am retired and very persistant.

Steam should solve this simple prob for me. I simply want my prob solved.

Does ANYONE know of a ph # I can call or another email for them that will get answered? Tried a number today posted by them and could only get machines.
Old 01-27-2010, 07:57 PM   #11
TheMG

Volunteer Moderator
Quote:
You do not have to use the same email address for a Support account as for your Steam account, the two are not connected.

The confirmation is there to prevent people from signing up using an incorrect email address, or to sign up on the behalf of someone else (using an email they don't have access to). It also helps reduce spam (automated) registrations a bit.

Last edited by TheMG: 01-27-2010 at 08:01 PM.
TheMG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 09:03 PM   #12
1stStone

I just wish I could get that email that they send. I have asked thru their service to resend but I never get it to proceed to the support prob area. And yes I have checked my spam ect.
Old 01-27-2010, 09:05 PM   #13
1stStone

Surely soneone who can actually do something about it will see this post and at least investigate it or ask to be contacted by me.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:42 AM   #14
1stStone

Valve Corporation
PO Box 1688
Bellevue WA 98009

I will try writing by snail mail as thats seems to be the only way to contact a real person. Let you know how it goes.
Old 01-28-2010, 08:55 AM   Click here to go to the next staff post in this thread.   #15
jmccaskey

Valve
From your first post it sounds like your problem is that when reinstalling you are creating a new account and trying to re-register the cdkey to a new account.

You can't do that, instead you're account still exists and the cdkey is already tied to it. Just login to the same account you used previously on your new install and you'll have all the same games already owned.
jmccaskey is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Discussions > Help and Tips