Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series

Old 02-12-2010, 10:43 AM   #91
darchangeldavid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jusupov View Post
Once that's out I've got mods for the enemy weapons, teammate casuals and as the latest mod partially working enemy armors as seen in http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CKgYjio8oLk

Much of it requires savegame editing.
I must say I am very excited to see how this all turns out. Would you be willing to do a youtube video of how you made all this possible. It might help a lot of others including myself so we can recreate the process on our own PCs.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:06 AM   #92
Darmoth85

Woot! This is a small edit but I've accomplished something with the helmets. I've figured out how you can "wear" one of the customizable head pieces and get the bonuses without it looking like you're wearing a helmet.

I've tried this with the Death Mask so far. (I always thought it looked ridiculous.)

Go to:
BIOGame->[SFXGamePawn_Player]: Helmet Appearances

and replace:
(Id=4,Name=335474,Description=335475,Type=Customiz ableType_Helmet,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMM_HGR_SHP_R.SHP c.HMM_HGR_SHPc_MDL",Female="BIOG_HMM_HGR_SHP_R.SHP c.HMM_HGR_SHPc_MDL",bHasBreather=True,bHideHead=Tr ue,bHideHair=True),GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEf fect_Gear_DeathMask"),PlotFlag=4450)

With this:
(Id=4,Name=335474,Description=335475,Type=Customiz ableType_Helme,GameEffects=("SFXGame.SFXGameEffect _Gear_DeathMask"),PlotFlag=4450)

Shep appears to be wearing no helmet but you get the 10% negotiation bonus of the Death Mask, it still of course has to be purchased. Should work with both male and female Shep. Tested at the armor closet with Femshep, voice might still be filtered however, I haven't yet tested it with the dialog.

EDIT: Tested, and it works perfectly in conversation. :3 Likely of course when you go to a world or environment without breathable atmosphere it'll revert to that N7 Helmet, but that's okay really... it might seem odd to be exposing your bare face to the vacuum. Hehe

Last edited by Darmoth85: 02-12-2010 at 11:20 AM. Reason: Test results
Darmoth85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 11:16 AM   #93
dioxin

Scars=(Threshold=(X=2,Y=10),Emissive="BIOG_HMM_HED _Alignment.Emissive.Face_EmisScars_01",Normal="BIO G_HMM_HED_Alignment.Scar.Face_NormScars_01",EyeEmi ssive="BIOG_HMM_HED_Alignment.Eye.Eye_EmisScars_01 ",FemaleEmissive="BIOG_HMF_HED_Alignment.Emissive. HMF_Face_EmisScars_01",FemaleNormal="BIOG_HMF_HED_ Alignment.Scar.HMF_Face_NormScars_01",FemaleEyeEmi ssive="BIOG_HMF_HED_Alignment.Eye.HMF_Eye_EmisScar s_01",Color=(R=0,G=0,B=0,A=0))

By changing EyeEmissive 01 to 05 you can keep the glowing eyes without the face scars after you use the med bay or go full paragon. However my playing around with the RGB has so far failed to change the eye glow color.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:48 PM   #94
Jusupov

If you don't know how to edit the ini I suggest you wait until there's a mod manager. Everything I've got working will be released with it.

Adding enemy weapons

First we need to load a package that has the enemy with the weapon
Code:
[SFXGame.SFXEngine]
DynamicLoadMapping=(ObjectName="SFXGameContent_Inventory.SFXHeavyWeapon_ScionGun",SeekFreePackageName="BioP_HorCr1")
Then we add it to the loadout screen
Code:
[SFXGame.SFXPlayerSquadLoadoutData]
HeavyWeapons=(Classname="SFXGameContent_Inventory.SFXHeavyWeapon_ScionGun")
The weapon may look like something we already have so we need to give it a different image for the loadout
Code:
[SFXGameContent_Inventory.SFXHeavyWeapon_ScionGun]
GUIImage=GUI_Codex_Images.HandCannon_512
There we go. Scion gun in the loadout screen under heavy weapons with the handcannon image to spot it. Does jaratepoor damage though.

Teammate clothes

First load the package, in this case Mirandas
Code:
[Engine.PackagesToAlwaysCook]
SeekFreePackage=BioH_Vixen_00
Under casualappearances we add
Code:
CasualAppearances=(Id=1073,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_HMF_MIR_LGT_R.LGTa.HMF_MIR_LGTa_MDL",Female="BIOG_HMF_MIR_LGT_R.LGTa.HMF_MIR_LGTa_MDL"),PlotFlag=-1)
Then edit the save game and set
Code:
stream_vixen_00 = true
Weapon modding works always (except in the case of some weapons), casuals only in the ship and even then you might have to further edit the savegame for them to work.

Enemy armor/models
Start with a package the model is in
Code:
[Engine.PackagesToAlwaysCook]
SeekFreePackage=BIOP_ShpCr2
and add the mesh/model/skeleton as a fullbodyapperances

Code:
[SFXGame.SFXPawn_Player]
FullBodyAppearances=(Id=3000,Name=351273,Description=351274,Type=CustomizableType_Torso,Mesh=(Male="BIOG_COL_ARM_NKD_R.NKDa.COL_ARM_NKDa_MDL",Female="BIOG_COL_ARM_NKD_R.NKDa.COL_ARM_NKDa_MDL",bHideHead=True,bHideHair=True),PlotFlag=-1)
Doing this and editing a savegame to use the fullbody id AND being in the collector ship will result in the player looking like
http://i47.tinypic.com/jzfk1i.jpg

I've only just started doing enemy stuff so haven't really tested it, that collector model works on the first time you are in the collector ship but it might not work elsewhere.
Jusupov is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 12:52 PM   #95
EarlZ

Can anyone teach me how to permanently unlock the Machine Gun soldier weapon, Ive managed to add it to my character with the save editor but its not permanently unlocked.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:29 PM   #96
Blistex

Quote:
Then edit the save game and set

Code:
stream_vixen_00 = true
How do you change this?

Gibed save editor displays it but won't allow me to make any changes to that collection.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:33 PM   #97
Jusupov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blistex View Post
How do you change this?

Gibed save editor displays it but won't allow me to make any changes to that collection.
Are you using the rev25?
Old 02-12-2010, 02:02 PM   #98
Blistex

Quote:
Are you using the rev25?
Yes it is.

The text is a light tint of gray. I can highlight the text but can't delete / type anything.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:13 PM   #99
Jusupov

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blistex View Post
Yes it is.

The text is a light tint of gray. I can highlight the text but can't delete / type anything.
Yeah I forgot about that. Just wait until there's a version you can edit those with.
Old 02-12-2010, 02:21 PM   #100
RoadCrewWorker

Try this one:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...86018977796479
You can use either the Gibbeds or my version of the editor in this zip, they both use the included dlls that enable editing those entries.

Hardly debugged so handle with care and make backups.

Heres the skinny: We know how to point the game into the right direction to load custom models, textures and so on, but the game has its own system of unloading (and consequently making the 'pointers' fail) the files that contain the stuff we want. Apparently its location/load zone based so walking from one room to another will make the game plug in some files and unplug others. If those have the models we hacked in they'll just vanish after the transition.

Last edited by RoadCrewWorker: 02-12-2010 at 02:34 PM.
RoadCrewWorker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2010, 02:43 PM   #101
Jusupov

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadCrewWorker View Post
Try this one:
http://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php...86018977796479
You can use either the Gibbeds or my version of the editor in this zip, they both use the included dlls that enable editing those entries.

Hardly debugged so handle with care and make backups.

Heres the skinny: We know how to point the game into the right direction to load custom models, textures and so on, but the game has its own system of unloading (and consequently making the 'pointers' fail) the files that contain the stuff we want. Apparently its location/load zone based so walking from one room to another will make the game plug in some files and unplug others. If those have the models we hacked in they'll just vanish after the transition.
And the way to get around some of the stuff is editing the location, but even that doesn't work for everything.

Captains cabin
biop_nor

-322,7063, 2650,667, 611,1744

0, 47163, 0

Last edited by Jusupov: 02-12-2010 at 02:47 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:15 PM   #102
dioxin

Once you've unlocked the loyalty quest of your party member, you can use their loyal texture for your edited casual wear as well. For example, Female="BIOG_HMF_MIR_LGT_R.LGTa.HMF_MIR_LGTa_MDL", FemaleMaterialOverride="BIOG_HMF_MIR_LGT_R.LGTb.HM F_MIR_LGTb_MAT_1a" will get you Miranda's shiny black uniform. Female="BIOG_HMF_MIR_NKD_R.NKDa.HMF_MIR_NKDa_MDL" will also get you her naughty disheveled uniform from the engine room romance scene, but only during the romance scene itself. I'm not sure what resource needs to get loaded for that to work in other situations. Bioware did something quite clever in using hand movements and obscuring camera angles in making you think fabric is being shifted around where she actually swaps models out of camera.
Old 02-12-2010, 08:27 PM   #103
Raging Hamster

I am lost. I still can't figure out how to make myself undeadable.

An editor will be released? I hope anyway.
Raging Hamster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2010, 08:57 AM   #104
Mr.Mongoose

As this runs on the UT3 engine, I don't suppose there is some net code floating about in there?

Because Co-Op would quite possibly make this the greatest game ever.
Old 02-13-2010, 10:24 PM   #105
blackmesa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raging Hamster View Post
I am lost. I still can't figure out how to make myself undeadable.

An editor will be released? I hope anyway.
What are you looking for when you say undeadable?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Mongoose View Post
As this runs on the UT3 engine, I don't suppose there is some net code floating about in there?

Because Co-Op would quite possibly make this the greatest game ever.
Not sure about co-op, and I doubt heavely modifying the ini file alone would make anything possible. But there seems to be quite alot of functions related to multiplayer within a few of the pcc's. I'm assuming it's related to whatever default multiplayer is built into the UT3 engine. Still it's interesting stuff.
blackmesa is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > M - P > Mass Effect series