Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Closed Thread

Old 02-12-2010, 09:13 AM   #16
n0bby

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImBack87 View Post
Taken directly off the Store page

Buy S.T.A.L.K.E.R.: Call of Pripyat Loyalty Promo
Loyalty Promo grants a discount off Call of Pripyat if you already own the Steam Version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. Please note that you need to have Clear Sky or Shadow of Chernobyl registered to your Steam account before purchasing Call of Pripyat to receive the discounted price.
But the OP seems to be saying that it's NOT the "Loyalty" version he's been gifted.

If so, then it's got to be a case for Steam support to deal with.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:17 AM   #17
ImBack87

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0bby View Post
But the OP seems to be saying that it's NOT the "Loyalty" version he's been gifted.

If so, then it's got to be a case for Steam support to deal with.
He's talking about the 20 dollar = Loyalty version
Old 02-12-2010, 09:24 AM   #18
n0bby

Quote:
He's talking about the 20 dollar = Loyalty version
Sorry. I'm in the UK, and the pricing here is £20 for the full version, £15 for the Loyalty discount. Normally, dollar prices for pretty much everything in the world of retail is the same in £/$. So I assumed the $20 version would be the "full" version.

Plus the reported prices quoted on the site for the STALKER games seems to be fluctuating like crazy!
Old 02-12-2010, 09:46 AM   #19
ShadowMageAlpha

Quote:

Loyalty Promo grants a discount off Call of Pripyat if you already own the Steam Version of S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Clear Sky or S.T.A.L.K.E.R. Shadow of Chernobyl. Please note that you need to have Clear Sky or Shadow of Chernobyl registered to your Steam account before purchasing Call of Pripyat to receive the discounted price.
Here's the problem, from that, me and my friend got that who bought the game mattered. Apparently it's who gets the game and plays it that matters. He got the discounted price, but I got a game I can't play.

I WAS gifted the Loyalty version, but I can't play the damned thing.
Old 02-12-2010, 09:49 AM   #20
Ciaos

That seems to be a mistake on Steams part. Get your friend to contact Support for a refund I guess.
Old 02-12-2010, 10:41 AM   #21
ImBack87

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShadowMageAlpha View Post
Here's the problem, from that, me and my friend got that who bought the game mattered. Apparently it's who gets the game and plays it that matters. He got the discounted price, but I got a game I can't play.

I WAS gifted the Loyalty version, but I can't play the damned thing.
Of course, it's who gets the game that matters. Otherwise, one user would have been able to gift a tons of 20 dollar copies of CoP to his friends who never owned a STALKER game. One copy of SoC or CS isn't going to get you a discount on an infinite number of CoP licenses, it's common sense.
Old 02-12-2010, 11:40 AM   #22
Saffire123

Lol, I dont see what the problem is. It says right on the site that you need to own previous versions of STEAM'S Stalker to get the discount. You have the retail versions. Tough luck?
Old 02-12-2010, 12:15 PM   #23
ShadowMageAlpha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saffire123 View Post
Lol, I dont see what the problem is. It says right on the site that you need to own previous versions of STEAM'S Stalker to get the discount. You have the retail versions. Tough luck?
The problem is he got the discount, but noone got the game, effectively.
Old 02-12-2010, 12:25 PM   #24
jizaz_craist

Buy the THQ pack, it's a steal - you'll get a ton of awesome games for 50 dollars. The original Stalker is one of them.
Old 02-12-2010, 01:24 PM   #25
n0bby

Quote:
Originally Posted by jizaz_craist View Post
Buy the THQ pack, it's a steal - you'll get a ton of awesome games for 50 dollars. The original Stalker is one of them.
I have to say - that's good advice!
Old 02-12-2010, 01:31 PM   #26
chopstix

Quote:

That only mentions purchases, not gifts though. It could be easily misunderstood only the purchaser needs the copies, not the person receiving it to activate it.

Last edited by chopstix: 02-12-2010 at 01:33 PM.
Old 02-12-2010, 04:14 PM   #27
Lady Murasaki

Volunteer Moderator
Hey folks,

The Loyalty package was only intended for users who had the original games through Steam. As a result, giftees who attempt to access a gift of the Loyalty version will not be able to redeem it unless they, too, have the originals through Steam.

To avoid this issue in the future, we have disabled gifting for the Loyalty version.

Going forward, if you would like to gift Call of Pripyat to a friend, you will have to gift the standard version regardless of whether or not they have the steam versions of the original games on their account.

If you purchased this title as a gift for another user prior to this fix and the giftee cannot access it now, please be sure to contact Steam Support immediately for assistance!
Closed Thread

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series