Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series

Old 02-26-2010, 09:24 AM   #871
liamsharkey

Banned
so any idea when the full stalker complete will be released for clear sky?
liamsharkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 10:05 AM   #872
syrupwontstopem

Hey is it normal in Stalker Complete that a lot of anomalies aren't visible?
Sometimes I see the shimmering air of an anomaly, but a lot of times the anomalies I run into just don't have any graphical animation. They function just the same.. but the space where it is looks like any other regular patch of dirt. Is that normal?

I don't really know because I started off my first real playthru of ShoC with Stalker Complete (tried it out once or twice on vanilla but stopped pretty early for one reason or another).
syrupwontstopem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:10 PM   #873
Rob316gold2

yes this is normal! some anomalies are not powerful enough to be noticed. some say that there level of visibility determines their lethality. Also depends on what type of anomaly you are seeing. The electric ones and acid ones are visible. but the ones that try to crush you and suck you up in the air are pretty hard to spot some times so i just listen for my detector to pick them up. you may not immediately spot them from your current point of view so try staying where you are and just look around. the majority of the anomalies i fall into are just off camera and i always catch their very edge
Rob316gold2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #874
Jakhound

love the mod and the tweaks its done to the game to make it that much more enjoyable but I'm getting huge problems running it even some what smoothly on my 3.0ghz Duo AMD Athlon, 3 GB of ram, 2x Ati 2900 512mb Pro setup and running on XP. I know ATI has had problems with this game but that was 3 years ago. I'm running it on 1650x1080 because its really the only res that looks normal on my monitor things just dont look the same without it being on that res. Then i have to have the game on low overall settings to get it to just play and i do have dynamic lighting on, af off, and aa off. Also have all up to date drivers for my cards and sound card just encase. Hell i just repartitioned my comp just the past few days ago so theirs barely anything on it. My biggest problems come from basically looking anywhere near NPC movement and zoning in to new zones its not like it goes down to 15 fps which in my book is still playable to me but this basically cuts it down to 1 fps and complete stop and go framerate. Or is this mods overhaul to the textures really that demanding of your comp? Anyone mind pointing me in the right direction?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:27 PM   #875
Rob316gold2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovok01 View Post
This is on my desktop, the video card is not intergrated. I am also using a sound card instead of on board sound.

Would it be useful if I try and get video footage of what happens ?
probably would help. hmm... the only thing that i can think of is your graphics card. i stopped using my 8800 because it had too many issues with stalker and moved up to a gtx 260.

the issue with my gpu was the drivers just stopped improving support for my card so i just keep it as a backup card for now. the same could be for you. how does basic stalker perform for you?

also going back over your previous posts i noticed that you said you only tried static and dynamic lighting. were you referring to dynamic rendering 1 or 2? dynamic(1) is basic DX9 where as Full dynamic(2)is dx9c. have you tried all three rendering options?
Old 02-26-2010, 01:35 PM   #876
Rob316gold2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakhound View Post
love the mod and the tweaks its done to the game to make it that much more enjoyable but I'm getting huge problems running it even some what smoothly on my 3.0ghz Duo AMD Athlon, 3 GB of ram, 2x Ati 2900 512mb Pro setup and running on XP. I know ATI has had problems with this game but that was 3 years ago. I'm running it on 1650x1080 because its really the only res that looks normal on my monitor things just dont look the same without it being on that res. Then i have to have the game on low overall settings to get it to just play and i do have dynamic lighting on, af off, and aa off. Also have all up to date drivers for my cards and sound card just encase. Hell i just repartitioned my comp just the past few days ago so theirs barely anything on it. My biggest problems come from basically looking anywhere near NPC movement and zoning in to new zones its not like it goes down to 15 fps which in my book is still playable to me but this basically cuts it down to 1 fps and complete stop and go framerate. Or is this mods overhaul to the textures really that demanding of your comp? Anyone mind pointing me in the right direction?
the hitching is normal for stalker something about how the game caches ai and stash contents. as for using 2 hd2900 pros, those not exactly top of the line cards. probably on par with nvidia 8800gts 320\640 which neither of these two models handled stalker very well either. also from past records of others experience stalker doesn't like sli\Xfire. so it may just be using only 1 card for playing. as for the mods demands they have gone up by about 5-20 percent. depending on what your IQ settings are at.

Last edited by Rob316gold2: 02-26-2010 at 04:53 PM.
Old 02-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #877
bubbahotep7

Any way to increase FOV within this mod? Thanks.
bubbahotep7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 07:01 AM   #878
SDE_Bellisarius

Banned
Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbahotep7 View Post
Any way to increase FOV within this mod? Thanks.
Yes there is, and works like a charm

FOV Switcher (1.6) im using it at 75 degrees FOV instead of the default 55, tried the 95 but it warps too bad on widescreen monitor

It looks mighty good at 75 but you can set it at many diferent settings between 55 and 95, the lil app has some presets built into it

FOV Switcher was made compatible with all Xray engine (stalker) games:

"It is intended for:
STALKER SHADOW OF CHERNOBYL v1.0003-v1.0006
STALKER build 3120
STALKER CLEAR SKY v1.5.04-1.5.07 (only versions with nodvd installed)
STALKER CLEAR SKY v1.5.10 (only versions with nodvd installed)
STALKER CALL of PRIPYAT v1.6.00-v1.6.01"
SDE_Bellisarius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 04:37 PM   #879
AmnesiacJack

Any idea why it's giving me this error?

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : data
[error]Function : CVirtualFileReader::CVirtualFileReader
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xrCore\FS.cpp
[error]Line : 462
[error]Description : e:\steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\scripts\magnitofon\magni tofon_2.ogg
[error]Arguments : Not enough storage is available to process this command.

The game crashes within the first 5 minutes every time I try to play. If I'm lucky I'll be able to make it out of the first town and head towards Nimble before getting a lock up. I'm really wanting to play through SHOC again but of course I want to use this mod and not others / vanilla again.

Specs:
Q6600 3ghz
Geforce 9800GT SE 512mb
3gigs RAM
Vista 32 SP1 (UAC disabled, running from admin account, installed every thing admin from right click menu)
Audigy SE

All of my drivers are up to date and I dunno why it's giving an error about storage space as all my HDD have 50+ free gigs...

I've tried all types of graphics and sound settings, from as low as they can go to as high as they can go. Uninstalled the game, reinstalled, redownloaded, manual install of SC2009 as well as the exe install.

I'm out of ideas.
Old 02-28-2010, 06:39 PM   #880
Rob316gold2

Quote:
Originally Posted by AmnesiacJack View Post
Any idea why it's giving me this error?

FATAL ERROR

[error]Expression : data
[error]Function : CVirtualFileReader::CVirtualFileReader
[error]File : E:\stalker\sources\trunk\xrCore\FS.cpp
[error]Line : 462
[error]Description : e:\steam\steamapps\common\stalker shadow of chernobyl\gamedata\sounds\scripts\magnitofon\magni tofon_2.ogg
[error]Arguments : Not enough storage is available to process this command.

The game crashes within the first 5 minutes every time I try to play. If I'm lucky I'll be able to make it out of the first town and head towards Nimble before getting a lock up. I'm really wanting to play through SHOC again but of course I want to use this mod and not others / vanilla again.

Specs:
Q6600 3ghz
Geforce 9800GT SE 512mb
3gigs RAM
Vista 32 SP1 (UAC disabled, running from admin account, installed every thing admin from right click menu)
Audigy SE

All of my drivers are up to date and I dunno why it's giving an error about storage space as all my HDD have 50+ free gigs...

I've tried all types of graphics and sound settings, from as low as they can go to as high as they can go. Uninstalled the game, reinstalled, redownloaded, manual install of SC2009 as well as the exe install.

I'm out of ideas.
what is the format of the HDD that you have stalker installed into?
Old 02-28-2010, 06:41 PM   #881
AmnesiacJack

It's NTFS
Old 02-28-2010, 06:47 PM   #882
Rob316gold2

that is a strange bug. when it said it ran out of storage space i assumed it was a fat32 drive which has a file size limit. how much virtual ram do you have? with a 3GB setup you should have about 1.5GB of vitual ram allocated to one of the drives.
Old 02-28-2010, 09:42 PM   #883
rms

ArtistPavel There's a problem with the TEST 2 Complete Clear Sky, namely that the detector display is completely washed out when the upgraded nightvision is installed on the seva suit. I haven't tried vanilla CS so I don't know how the two compare, but this should be looked at. This is under DX10, under static lighting the detector display is fine. The game appears to crash if I rename the gamedata folder and try to load a test2 savegame.

Also, could you comment on Float32 v2. I haven't tried this yet, but notice it was included in the SRP release. I have an ati 4870 card.

Last edited by rms: 02-28-2010 at 10:13 PM.
rms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2010, 10:13 PM   #884
Mogan

Quote:
Originally Posted by rms View Post
ArtistPavel There's a problem with the TEST 2 Complete Clear Sky, namely that the detector display is completely washed out when the upgraded nightvision is installed on the seva suit. I haven't tried vanilla CS so I don't know how the two compare, but this should be looked at.
This is the way the game is supposed to be. The detector screen is a very close source of light and you're using light amplifying hardware. But yes, it does make it hard to use the Veles and Svarog detectors when your NVGs are on.
Mogan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #885
Jalaman

Quote:
Originally Posted by sper09 View Post
This just makes me wonder how people can say the Xray engine is outdated...
People say the X-Ray engine is outdated because it is.
Jalaman is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Q - S > S.T.A.L.K.E.R. series