Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BioShock 1 & 2

Old 03-07-2010, 06:54 PM   #1
arizonachris

So, that's the end? ***spoilers******

OK so, I save Elanore, my daughter. And I have to hang on to the side of the rescue sub to get to the surface. OK, then she hypo's me and kills me?

Fine. Next playthru, I'll harvest all the Little Sisters. So much for trying to salvage Rapture, LOL

Seriously, I did enjoy the game immensely and I'd say it's got great replay value.

Last edited by arizonachris: 03-07-2010 at 10:35 PM.
Old 03-07-2010, 07:25 PM   #2
Last Bullet

Obviously for anyone else who doesn't want to get totally spoiled:
Spoiler:
You were a good guy then, and she stabbed you? She didn't kill you, she absorbed your ADAM, and therefore your mind. Delta was going to die regardless, his heart was giving out apparently. And, uh, outta curiosity, what the hell happened to her mom? Eleanor seemed to save her in my ending, but then she's just kind of... gone. The other good ending, in case you think you got screwed for being a good guy:
Spoiler:
You just die. You get up there, and Delta refuses to get absorbed. You stare out into the ocean with Eleanor for a while and then you die.

Old 03-07-2010, 09:33 PM   #3
slayerking

well I just finished it
Spoiler:
and she gave me the choice to save me or kill me after she killed Lamb. I did both harvest and save the little sisters
slayerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #4
Blue Lightning

Look, you
Spoiler:
were dying on the way up because when you saw Eleanor get smothered with the pillow, that severed your physical "bond" with her since you thought she was dead. So your heart began to slowly give out. Later before you reached the surface you died...plus the explosion helped.

She was pulling the Adam out of you because "Adam remembers", so all of Deltas desires and instincts Eleanor could keep. Its like she kept a part of you with her.

And then the big daddy doll part...very emotional. Im n adult male, but I tear up on that part where she shows the big daddy doll (you) to the little sisters, and then drops it in the water.

*sniffs*

Best ending in video game history.
Blue Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:18 AM   #5
slayerking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Lightning View Post
Look, you
Spoiler:
were dying on the way up because when you saw Eleanor get smothered with the pillow, that severed your physical "bond" with her since you thought she was dead. So your heart began to slowly give out. Later before you reached the surface you died...plus the explosion helped.

She was pulling the Adam out of you because "Adam remembers", so all of Deltas desires and instincts Eleanor could keep. Its like she kept a part of you with her.

And then the big daddy doll part...very emotional. Im n adult male, but I tear up on that part where she shows the big daddy doll (you) to the little sisters, and then drops it in the water.

*sniffs*

There's more than one ending and mine was nothing like that.
Spoiler:
He hung on all the way up and Eleanor drowned Lamb by holding her underwater.Yes when we got to the top He was dying but I had the option to A: Sacrifice Myself or B:Save Myself, I chose save and then she took the adam, She looked out over the water and bodies floated to the surface and that was it

Last edited by slayerking: 03-09-2010 at 12:23 AM.
slayerking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 04:17 AM   #6
Forward Area

Finished it last night.. got the same ending as Blue Lightning. It was very emotional.
Forward Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 11:57 AM   #7
Blue Lightning

Should I whip up a review?
Blue Lightning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:05 PM   #8
Forward Area

Sure. Mine's up too.
Forward Area is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 01:37 PM   #9
nhcarpenter

Thumbs up Yup, thats tough stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Lightning View Post
Look, you
Spoiler:

*sniffs*

I'm right with Ya. As a father of daughters and a Vet I've given that topic alot of thought. That doll was the definetly the deciding factor as wether or not to fire up the waterworks.
Anybody got a tissue? sniff-honk

For another Dad-racking mental beat down check out the cop in Rob Zombies remake of Halloween 2 - Brutal
nhcarpenter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 05:08 AM   #10
MattMendell

Just finished the game, I knew I wanted the good ending so saved everyone and rescued all the little sisters. Very emotional ending as has been said, complemented by some great music (which was true throughout the game).

Some questions:
Spoiler:
1. Supposedly, IGN's ending chart here is wrong because it seems to indicate that the choice you are given in the neutral ending to live or die happens before Eleanor kills or saves Sofia?

2. Does anyone know if the game is any different between the different endings (in tone at least, perhaps not gameplay) once you reach Persephone? Does Eleanor still rescue and use the Little Sisters to boil the water out of the sub if you haven't savev them all?

Last edited by MattMendell: 03-12-2010 at 05:23 AM.
MattMendell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2010, 09:40 AM   #11
Psy-Phi

I figured he was going to die anyway due to being outside of the thing and going up so fast (from decompression). Yes he's in a suit but I don't think those diving bells save people from decompression?
Psy-Phi is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > # - C > BioShock 1 & 2