Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series

Old 03-17-2010, 07:33 AM   #1
un4given69

Question talent

is it posible to reset my talent?

Old 03-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #2
PirateH

Not in the vanilla game, but Runic released a mod to do it. Download TorchLeech(mod manager, VERY useful) and look for "respecc mod" or something like that.
PirateH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:04 AM   #3
un4given69

where can i download it
Old 03-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
un4given69

ok i found it but what telent tree shud i be i am a 21 destroyer berserker, titan, spectral?
Old 03-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #5
PirateH

It's up to your playstyle. Try something and if you don't like it, just respecc
PirateH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 09:52 AM   #6
Zenas

You sound a lot like a WoW player.

There is no necessity to stay in one tree, personally I've got my skill points spread in all 3.

Then again, having points in +Charm or 4% more armor/damage for pets and minions, might be little less useful depending on if you use minions or not(I've got Blood Skeletons on both my pet and myself, so for me they are quite good).

But I would suggest the 2 skills in berserker top tier, that Slash and Dual Wield(one 1-hander is almost just as good as a 2hander, so 2x1hander with +60% dual wield bonus, is obviously better, also stacks much better with health on hit).
Also nice is the Barter skill in Titan tree, for some serious discount. Though that doesn't start to become great till later in the game.
I've also got 4 points into the Titan(?) skill that gives better chance on magic/better magics. But that is mostly preference.
One that is a necessity imo, at least on Very Hard, is the Frost Shield, even if it's just 1 point, it makes huge impact on your survivability in bigger fights.

In the end, if you actually read all this, best tip I can give you is, take your time to read all skills and make your own choices. Since most are useful, but just dependent on your own play style.
Zenas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2010, 11:02 AM   #7
un4given69

yes i am a wow player i have payd for 4 years and tnx for all the tips
Old 03-17-2010, 02:03 PM   #8
unit335

Quote:
Originally Posted by un4given69 View Post
where can i download it
http://torchleech.runicgamesfansite.com:7000/

Very useful little app.

You don't have to donate to download it.
Old 03-17-2010, 02:55 PM   #9
Angstrom

The beauty of being able to respec using the mentioned mod is that you're free to experiment and figure out what works for you and what doesn't. Regardless of your build though, on very hard difficulty you will find Shadow Armor and Frost Shield essential survival skills. Frost Shield is a nice one-point wonder as has been mentioned (although maxing it wouldn't hurt if you ever find yourself dying a lot), and I would advocate maxing Shadow Armor.
Angstrom is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > T - Z > Torchlight series