Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > id Software > Spear of Destiny

Old 01-01-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
Ice Burn 567

How Do I Get The Cheats Working?

Can someone help me out here?
Old 02-10-2008, 02:43 PM   #2
kmarple1

Lightbulb How-to enable cheats on Spear of Destiny running in DOSBox

OK, I'm not sure if there's a "right way", but I'll tell you how I did it. Basically, I adapted what was already provided for cheats with Wolf 3D to run SOD.

Go to "%steam directory%\SteamApps\common\spear of destiny" open one of the M# .bat files in Notepad. Save it as a new file in the same directory (don't mess with original).

Modify the first line, the dosbox call, to
Code:
.\base\dosbox -conf .\base\SODc.conf -fullscreen -exit
and save the file.

Now, go into the "base" subfolder and open up SOD.conf in Notepad. Save a copy as "SODc.conf" in the same directory. Make sure when saving the filetype is set to all files.

Now, go to the very bottom, under the section [autoexec]. Modify it to:
Code:
[autoexec]
mount c .\base
c:
Spear.exe -debugmode
exit
and save the file (SODc.conf).

Now, running the .bat file we created first will start SOD with -debugmode, which allows you to enable cheats in-game. The cheats themselves you can get wherever you like, but press <left shift>+<alt>+<backspace> while playing to enable debug mode so that you can enter cheats.
kmarple1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2008, 09:29 AM   #3
Ice Burn 567

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmarple1 View Post
OK, I'm not sure if there's a "right way", but I'll tell you how I did it. Basically, I adapted what was already provided for cheats with Wolf 3D to run SOD.

Go to "%steam directory%\SteamApps\common\spear of destiny" open one of the M# .bat files in Notepad. Save it as a new file in the same directory (don't mess with original).

Modify the first line, the dosbox call, to
Code:
.\base\dosbox -conf .\base\SODc.conf -fullscreen -exit
and save the file.

Now, go into the "base" subfolder and open up SOD.conf in Notepad. Save a copy as "SODc.conf" in the same directory. Make sure when saving the filetype is set to all files.

Now, go to the very bottom, under the section [autoexec]. Modify it to:
Code:
[autoexec]
mount c .\base
c:
Spear.exe -debugmode
exit
and save the file (SODc.conf).

Now, running the .bat file we created first will start SOD with -debugmode, which allows you to enable cheats in-game. The cheats themselves you can get wherever you like, but press <left shift>+<alt>+<backspace> while playing to enable debug mode so that you can enter cheats.
I tried that, and I think where I messed up was at the part where I modify the M1 - Spear of Destiny.bat.old.
The whole thing I have looks like this.
Code:
.\base\dosbox -conf .\base\SODc.conf -fullscreen -exit -conf .\base\SOD.conf -fullscreen -exit
exit
Is that what it should look like?
Ice Burn 567 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #4
kmarple1

Sorry it's taken me so long to get back on this one. The file should look EXACTLY like the one in my original post. So remove everything after the first "-exit" and that should do it.
kmarple1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:38 PM   #5
Zwan

okay what about the other 2 missions?
Zwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
TheKillerNoob

How to get the other levels to work with cheats

You have to do the same thing above for Every mission. Though make every altered .conf file is correctly coded for the right mission.

Once you have started up the second or third mission this way, you need to make sure you are playing the right mission pack. Start a new game every-time you play these mission pack. Once you have the correct mission pack working, THEN load up you save state.

I found this out after many trial and error runs.

Hope this helps everyone out.
TheKillerNoob is offline   Reply With Quote

Go Back   Steam Users' Forums > Steam Game Discussions > Publisher & Developer Discussions > id Software > Spear of Destiny